Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

y do fogs need to be off when highs are on?
    www.2camcrew.com

Comment

Originally posted by jdmkid

in some states, if not all, your foglights must be off when you turn on your high beams. You can only have a certain amount of lights on at a time i believe

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
      www.maketradefair.com

Comment

In norway u get a ticket about 110$ if u use your fog's when it's dark,and no fog. (sorry my english not so good)......

Comment

http://www.kchilites.com/instruction...layDiagram.pdf

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
          "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
          "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior
            Is that for OEM wiring Mikey? So I could bypass and get my fogs on whenever?
            I tried this and it didnt work....damn!

Comment

Originally posted by jdmkid
              Also, if you are using fog lights for what they are intended for, i.e. to help you see through fog, your vision will be better without highbeams anyway.

Highbeams just light up the water in the air, making a true foggy condition worse of highbeams are on --- same as when driving when it's snowing.

Of course, many people just want the lights on to be on; they don't drive in fog or snow ... but then again, true fogs don't work well as "driving lights" ...
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Mike, I was going to send you a PM, but your box is full.. This is essentially what I was going to write to you. Hopefully someone can help me out.

Well, lo and behold, even after reading this thread, I ran Positive power from a pin, but not with foglights. I was in the middle of running up my DRL's, needed positive power, and I didn't really think about what I was doing.

Well, my pin stopped working. I have since changed my setup and put a relay in to control power and the pin is just a remote wire, but my ignition pin still doesn't work. The weird thing is though, that everything else that needs to turn on when the key is in the ignition, still turns on. The clock, fuel pump, ect...

I tried going through the electrical diagrams, that got me nowhere. Is there a particular relay in the car that controls the pins that I could check to see if I fried something? Hopefully someone has a little bit of insight to help me out.
                --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

Dead link.
                  Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                  2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                  2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                  2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Would this VERY simple idea work?

Have the switch for the foglights, connect the power to the battery and negative to negative.....so basically a simple connection, however if you leave the foglight switch ON and turn the car off, the foglights would stay on.....but really i dont care about that i wont forget to turn them off, so would this work?
                    1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

anyone?
                      1991 Accord LX Coupe - Boosted F22 - 5spd LSD - Shaved Bay - Work VSXX - Recaro SRD

Member's Ride Page | Video of my CB7, Open Downpipe peelout

Comment

I dont think it would,because the lights would be getting constant power, you could wire in a simple relay to turn on with any 12v contstant while the ignition is on thouhg.

Comment

could i use the harness and switch from this kit?

Comment

Originally posted by ap716

could i use the harness and switch from this kit?
                            Yes, I do believe you can. From what I've read in other threads here the 94-95 switch is the came shape, just different symbol. Also, why wouldn't you use the lights too?
                            Last edited by 93CB7; 12-31-2005, 01:18 AM. Reason: adding
                            It really is a labor of love making a neglected CB7 with "normal wear and tear" into something worth being proud of.

Comment

whats up guys, i'm new to this site, and i must say, this is one and probably the only best site for our CB's.

I just got my fogs, and it doesn't come with anything but the fogs and light harness. no switch or wiriing. so my question is, why do you need a relay????

i was thinking of just hooking it up for a switch, for a simple install, and in the mean time connect it to my headlights cuz its too cold to wire up everything.

my idea for the install was to hook the ground to ground, and run a power wire from positive battery terminal thru a fuse to my switch, and from switch to positive wire on the fogs, why would a relay to needed?

should i avoid connecting the fogs to my headlight?? what would happen?
                              Last edited by mugen_accord88; 01-09-2006, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 93CB7
                                Yes, I do believe you can. From what I've read in other threads here the 94-95 switch is the came shape, just different symbol. Also, why wouldn't you use the lights too?
                                What about these ebay ones? They are for a 94-95.

THESE ARE BRAND NEW FOGLIGHTS
                                COMES IN A SET BOTH LEFT AND RIGHT
                                THEY ARE S.A.E AND D.E.T APPROVED FOGLIGHTS
                                COMES WITH WIRING HARNESS, SWITCH, AND RELAY
                                INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED
                                MODIFICATIONS MIGHT BE NEEDED
                                100% STREET LEGAL
                                BRIGHTER VISIBILITY AT NIGHT
                                I My Honda
                                Check out my Ride Here
                                09-11-01 NEVER FORGET

Comment