Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
    As much as everyone hates on the lights and rims, I actually like the way the car is.

Sure the lights arent my first choice, but your car pulls them off well. Not only that, your car is super clean and well done.

Keep it up.
    In all reality, the car will look much better with a set of JDM one-piece headlights and will definitely look better with some red/clears on the rear. Personally I don't mind the look of the headlights, but I do mind the look of the tails. This is why there is limited pics of the rear. Plus they're just ebay crap, they fog and do everything else they shouldn't

Comment

Its Spring again, car time!!

The new engine is up and running but needs a good work out for the first 1000km. My mechanic is doing the swap and everything went well. I went and seen it a few days ago and it seemed fine until I took it for a drive. It was popping out of 1st and 3rd gear, this was an easy fix. And on the way back it started dying at idle. I'm not sure what he had going on here to cause this, I'm guessing he is going to adjust the idle screw and/or look into other causes. He may have a battle ahead of him (I'm aware of some of the issues that cause this from reading). But he said it was running fine after he did the swap....*shrugs*, I'll let him chase that issue down (plus he has more experience than I do). I was also hoping they'd clean up the block a bit better but I guess I shouldn't complain, I'll do it myself.
      We decided to delete a lot of junk (canisters, ERG, sensors etc). Got a new map sensor on there and still the Skunk2 TB. The chromed ECU isn't in the car yet and I learned something new about my first turbo project as well. I did not know that I would lose HP until the turbo is on and the car is tuned. With all the new internals and such low compression the HP to the wheels is around 160HP until we get the engine worked in and then tuned with the new turbo. Hopefully this summer I can get the rest of the funds and get this thing running with the turbo.

I'll take some pics of the car when I get it back home. Until then I'll post pics of things I'm working on...., they are...
      - rear disc conversion (thinking of sandblasting the rear arms and parts, or sanding.., not sure yet).
      - battery relocation (got wire, need box and a coupler for front wires).
      - sub-box redo - sand, sand, sand and then it needs some fabric.
      - ICE - wow... i'm not sure where to start with this. To go in the car is 7" in dash dvd, brain unit for player, ipod interface to brain, new 5 1/4" door speakers, new 6x9 rear speakers, new Qlogic speaker pods w/ Alpine 6" w/ crossovers & tweeters, front AMP (300W), rear 900W AMP for two 400W clarion subs. Right now I'm trying to figure out the wiring for power. Then have to figure out where things are going to go in the car. Then figure out what amps are going to be connected to the brain unit. & .... if all goes well I'll put my old PS2 in the car too. (.,,,,,,,,, thinking I may need an extra battery). Any input on this topic is appreciated.
      - HID - I have HIDs but they won't fit into the ebay POS projectors I have. If I replace the lights with JDM this still won't work. I guess I should of never bought the HIDs as they are for OEM fit (triangle locking tab). So I may figure out how to make them work with the projectors I have, I'm not sure yet.

more updates to come soon..........

EBC rear disc brakes (slotted/drilled) FTW!

Comment

... only other news is that I got to wear shorts today! The first time this year! wooot!

Comment

--

--

--

--
          --
          I only had the car out twice since I got it back with the new engine. Today I went for my alignment appointment and was rather disappointed in the end. I had to take my bumper off to get the car in but I took the lights out and all the bolts but 2 prior. It still scraped the smallest amount on the cat while driving in. The conclusion wasn't good; parts needed:

- new drivers side tie rod ($37)
          - lower ball joints needed ($181 a piece)
          - camber kit recommended ($80 i think)
          - labour ($60)

- Total = $600.

The guy was a nice guy, I've gone there before. For that price he said they would put a camber kit on it for me and the other items. I think he was referring to a lower camber kit (seen on newer trucks), but I think there are only upper control arm camber kits for our rides. hmmmm.
          He said there was no point in doing anything because of the negative camber. He said I had some toe in which wasn't too bad (depends on your style), negative camber, and the little play in the tie rod. So we left the car alone, it doesn't pull to one side or the other anyways.
          I had always assumed that I was safe and didn't need a camber kit. I have a small 2" drop. But I have .2 deg. negative camber, so I'll have to look into this, do some research....

(sorry for the dirty car, it did not get much of a cleaning yet)

--

Cheers.
          Last edited by Raf99; 05-25-2011, 11:05 PM.

Comment

I think the car as an whole rims lights grill lip ect looks very good....i have the same head lights and the hids are an very good investment they really set off those headlights....cant wait to see your turbo in and working
            My 90 coupe Mr thread....
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Lol Canada.....jk love the sleeper look

Comment

Originally posted by speedofsound760 View Post
                I think the car as an whole rims lights grill lip ect looks very good....i have the same head lights and the hids are an very good investment they really set off those headlights....cant wait to see your turbo in and working
                Thanks man.

Comment

Today i changed the speakers, was good times. (way too much pollen out this time of year).

Its funny how the Haynes manual is incorrect in the instructions on how to remove the front speaker. For those curious you have to take off the door panel to get at the speaker. Also funny how the OEM speakers are 15W! haha, that's low. Replaced those with some 250W Pioneer 5 1/4s.

I found out the hard way that I need round 6x9 speakers for the rear. doh!
                  I bought some new 6x9 rear speakers, but they were oval and not round. I thought this would work but it did not

[edit] fail. Its that the DX and LX have 6x9 and the EX have 6 1/2.
                  Last edited by Raf99; 05-26-2011, 10:42 PM.

Comment

car is looking good man..it looks hot in canada..i bet youre exited

Rush

Originally posted by Darkcloud
                    Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
                    Originally posted by bmxicansd
                    so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

Comment

Originally posted by cb7rush View Post
                      car is looking good man..it looks hot in canada..i bet youre exited
                      thanks man. You could save me some time if you could give me your bumper I like the look of it, can't wait till i'm there with mine. still need fogs, harness, switches, side lights.

Comment

wow... words cannot express my happiness today! I seen a Maserati Quattroporte S in town after my jog and so I went and got my camera. Picked up a bud and took some pics. While taking pics the guy came back and took us for a drive...., I'm speechless. And I got it on video too, here's some pics..

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                            thanks man. You could save me some time if you could give me your bumper I like the look of it, can't wait till i'm there with mine. still need fogs, harness, switches, side lights.

its nothing special..its the usdm bumper with all the jdm stuff on it

Rush

Originally posted by Darkcloud
                            Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
                            Originally posted by bmxicansd
                            so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

Comment

I finally got my stereo working again. Ahh happy times.

Comment

I've wanted to re-do the carpet in the trunk for a long time. I went and bought some fabric but when I started I realized that the carpet goes from the trunk, up the back seat and tucks in. This baffled me and I'm curious what others are doing?
                                I'm thinking of cutting the OEM fabric at the half way mark of the trunk and the back of the rear seat. (leaving 3-4" extra material for the rear seat when cutting and tucking that under the back of the seat). Then redo the trunk in black. Right now this fabric is on top of the other fabric and tucked behind the sub box. Eventually I'll redo the sides in the same fabric.

Comment

Working...
                                X