Single Din Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single Din Setup

Hi everyone, I just got a new Pioneer MVH-S512BS and have it just resting in position right now and am pretty happy with how it looks. So tonight I am going to try to figure out if I can mount it myself or need an aftermarket bracket, and my question is if anyone has figured out something to do under the single din other than that dumb little pocket, like somehow mount a flip out cup holder or something? I just see a lot of the aftermarket brackets have that pocket but its even smaller than OEM and seems totally pointless haha, so if anyone has done anything let me know, I will be playing around with it myself and post some pics pretty soon. Thanks

At one point I had my glass break sensor and turbo timer mounted in there. With the shifter right there if you have a manual, doesn’t allow you many options. I thought about creating a usb charger and maybe throwing it in there.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Yea I know there's not much room there, I was already planning on putting a USB on my armrest in one of the plug cutouts, I really want to figure out a better cupholder solution for our cars or maybe just something cool and fun, doesnt even need to be super functional haha

Comment

using a Coin/Cup slide-out tray combo from an old Ford Taurus / Mercury Sable was a mod that I've seen done, might want to look into that. It should be cheap to grab one from a junkyard, though I assume it will take some creativity to mount successfully in a CB, and I'm not sure it would be much of an improvement over the stock one Link: https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-...nsole-2632410/

You can find similar ones on Amazon that are aftermarket and designed to actually mount properly, search for "universal single din cup holder" to see the alternative.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I actually like the first gen Acura CL felt pocket with the closing lid. For a single din it looks good. The standard CB cup holder is totally useless. Especially with a manual trans. I swapped mine out for a DX pocket (no cup holder). It’s just a nice deep pocket. I mounted a small single folding cup holder on the passenger side of my shifter console. Works great it’s out of the way and folds flat when the passenger seat needs to slide forward.
          5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

any chance of acquiring another dx deep pocket for me?

Comment

I used the metra 95-7801. That one is a double din but used a metra single din model before that and it worked and installed very well.

Comment

Working...
              X