Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
    Welp-

I have not been shooting at all for myself lol. Mostly paid shoots as I am busting my hump so that I can afford to pick up a MKIII and hopefully pair it with a 24-70L 2.8

If all goes as planned, should be able to make the purchase in the next few months.

I know the MKIV is coming out but they expect it to retail for $3500 and I just can't swing that.

Ill see what I can dig up and post here that I have shot recently.
    good stuff dude! glad to hear its moving forward.

i guess ill upload some stuff, because fuck it.

Last edited by J-specCb4; 04-15-2016, 09:26 PM.

"Tucking tires and wires."
    The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
      good stuff dude! glad to hear its moving forward.

i guess ill upload some stuff, because fuck it.

Dude, simply amazing.

All of it.

First off, that club shot is the coolest shit I have ever seen. Did he get them all to pose?!!?!?!?!

And the one on the rocks....was that candid or do you know them?

If that shit is candid, my mind is blown lmao.

But honestly, you always have been a huge inspiration along with Jayson and of course Tommi.

I can't wait to upgrade. I know that the color and sharpness I lust for will only come from better equipment. I still have a ways to go with lighting but I think it's one of those things that you never truly master, but just improve upon over time. For fucks sake, if anyone has mastered it, it is you especially in the club!
      Last edited by Ralphie; 04-16-2016, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Here is some random shit from my flickr. Some of it is old as its for my Photo 101 class I took. I need to upload more stuff lol.

Patterns/Motion by Ralph Ricciardi, on Flickr

Perspective/Patterns by Ralph Ricciardi, on Flickr

A shoot for a friend -
        IMG_9117 by Ralph Ricciardi, on Flickr

and a shoot for another friend haha
        Untitled by Ralph Ricciardi, on Flickr

Comment

Dude, simply amazing.

All of it.

First off, that club shot is the coolest shit I have ever seen. Did he get them all to pose?!!?!?!?!

And the one on the rocks....was that candid or do you know them?

If that shit is candid, my mind is blown lmao.

But honestly, you always have been a huge inspiration along with Jayson and of course Tommi.

I can't wait to upgrade. I know that the color and sharpness I lust for will only come from better equipment. I still have a ways to go with lighting but I think it's one of those things that you never truly master, but just improve upon over time. For fucks sake, if anyone has mastered it, it is you especially in the club!
          thanks for the kind words brother! yeah that first photo the dj wanted a picture with the crowd so he told everyone to pose. its something i do occasionally and it can be pretty intense when it happens at a festival and the artist calls 30 thousand people to your attention. haha.

the second shot was completely candid. last sunday i was in malibu, and that guy was just sitting there on the rocks with his daughter and it was too great of a moment to let pass by.

and yeah dude... once you have a grasp of things upgrading gear makes a huge difference. if at all possible id suggest upgrading one thing at a time. when all my gear got stolen last year and i bought a lot of new stuff at once it made it sort of difficult to focus on any one piece and feel really comfortable with it. of course you figure it out but its easier when you space it out.

The Chronicles.

Comment

Here is some random shit from my flickr. Some of it is old as its for my Photo 101 class I took. I need to upload more stuff lol.
            really clean solid work man! very nice editing on this stuff, and im sure they were thrilled with the results!

The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
              really clean solid work man! very nice editing on this stuff, and im sure they were thrilled with the results!
              Thanks dude, that means a lot and yes, they were pretty happy with the results. Have not had a rebook for the first kid, but the 2nd kids parents booked me to do his 1st birthday party.

Wow i can only imagine having that many people focusing on you. I mean Ive played in bands and played for crowds of about 100 or so and it is the best feeling in the world but id imagine its different in this scenario.

That picture of the father and child on the rocks is just a gorgeous image. Framing is great, color, and exposure. Nailed it.

And I totally agree with the idea of focusing on one item at a time. If I had to replace everything I owned at the moment, which isn't a ton of stuff, I would definitely be overwhelmed.

All im picking up is a MKIII, and a slightly used fist gen 24-70L.

I would LOVE either a 50 1.2 or the 70-200L but they're just too pricey.

I also figured that since I do paid shoots, the 24-70L would hold me over for most events I do and for some portrait work in the mean time till I save up for my next L purchase lol.

Believe it or not, a lot of what I shoot right now is with my cheapo 28-90 3.5 canon knock-around lens. Definitely rings true that it is not always equipment, but the photographer behind the lens, but of course solid equipment delivers results.

Ill be keeping the 5dc as a backup body. If it weren't for the better AF and ISO ability, id just stick with the 5dc because as you guys said, it still produces beautiful images at only 12mp! And I dropped her on concrete from about 3 feet. Smashed my 50 1.8 to pieces but the damn 5dc is a beast lol.

Comment

Well, it's official.

Next up is a gently used 24-70L.

Now I need to send the 5dc in for some much needed service as she gets ready to be relegated to backup duty.

Comment

congrats buddy! enjoy it. im sure its going to blow your mind if it hasnt already. the 5d3 has a permanent spot in my bag. ill never sell mine. felt the same about the OG 5d and this one lives up to the same level.

The Chronicles.

Comment

I've got a few recently that I'm pretty proud of:
                    French Press Guts by Jayson Carey, on Flickr

Larceny and glass by Jayson Carey, on Flickr

fitness trial shoot by Jayson Carey, on Flickr

fitness trial shoot by Jayson Carey, on Flickr

Dorchester_8F_LivingRoom4 by Jayson Carey, on Flickr

IMG_8919 by Jayson Carey, on Flickr
                    Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 05-02-2016, 03:49 AM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

one more, a self portrait. one of my best friends asked all of his groomsmen and ushers to be in his wedding with the gift of a lightsaber and said we all had to take pictures with them. I had a bit of fun with it:
                      lightsaber oops by Jayson Carey, on Flickr

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Umm yea, so my mind is blown.

Besides the amazing AF system, the ISO performance is outstanding.

Ill have to upload a shot I took last night at 8000iso. So damn clean and that is with a cheapie Yongnuo 50 1.8

Jesus I can't wait for the L lol.

Comment

Well here are some of my first shots with the MKIII

Red Finch by Ralph Ricciardi, on Flickr 1250 ISO, not bad!

Alexa by Ralph Ricciardi, on Flickr 10,000 ISO!!!!!

Ibanez by Ralph Ricciardi, on Flickr 25,600 ISO!!! Just incredible.

All shot with my Yongnuo 50mm 1.8

This thing is a beast. Can't wait to pair it with some good glass and really push it!

Comment

just got done editing this one, still have a ways to go in the editing department but gotta do it one step at a time

DSC_0066 by Mychal Webb, on Flickr

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                            1992 Accord EX Coupe
                            My FS Thread
                            Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

One of the first shots I took after getting my D7200

DSC_0107 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

800 ISO, 1/200th, f7.1 with a 50mm 1.8D nikkor

Edit: Sorry not sorry about the high res, If people want I can change it to a smaller res :P

Comment

Nice work guys!

Editing looks real good to me Mychal.

Comment

Working...
                                X