No announcement yet.

H311RA151N : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RockAuto had Moog outer tie rod ends for super cheap. I picked both sides up with shipping for $20.88.

It needs new lower ball joints, steering rack boots and front upper control arms.

OEM lower ball joints is what I'll be using as well as the rack boots. B/A front upper control arms.

-

This Saturday I will be pulling the downpipe and oil pan to replace the oil pan gasket with a new OEM gasket and a new Walker downpipe. So that will solve the leaking gasket and exhaust leak.

Next weekend I will be doing the timing belt & water pump. Hopefully.

Comment

Tons and tons of parts.

And the exhaust rusted in half so it's time for an exhaust system.

Just purchased a 2.25" TruBendz mandrel bent catback pipe kit. Having an exhaust shop put it on. Also picked up a Vibrant single tip 2.25" StreetPower muffler.

Also got a new OE fit Walker catalytic converter and installing the Walker downpipe.

It's getting a new drivers window glass channel, tie rod ends, upper control arms, rack bellows, OEM lower ball joints etc.

Fleetwood is hooking it up with a new cluster bezel. If you read this Fleetwood, you're the man! So it will have a stereo that's correctly installed and clean looking now!

All going on my YT channel. Going to be speeding things up. Quicker videos more progress, less technical.

Comment

I scored a new OEM drivers door window channel! Super excited!

Comment

Easier to explain and showcase in a video.

Window run channel and cluster bulbs.

Comment

Today I was able to get the oil pan gasket replaced. The original was ridiculously difficult to remove as the gasket was very hard and brittle.

All bolts and studs were in excellent condition and it went together really pretty well. I switched it to Amazon Basics 5w30 full synthetic today as well. I haven't switched one to synthetic in over a decade. So that's new for me.

I'm a little under the weather as you might be able to hear. Not my best video and not at my best mentally as I'm recovering from a minor respiratory illness. But, here it is.

Comment

The oil leak is drastically reduced. Now it just needs a front main, balance shaft and cam seal to not leak oil.

Tomorrow it's going to get the exhaust installed. Anxious to see how the Vibrant streetpower muffler looks.

Comment

Front suspension components this weekend.

Accord gets a name. Cheap Bastard.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 10-26-2019, 08:42 PM.

Comment

I have a set of 2G GST wheels from my '90 Talon. They are 5x114.3 so I want to do a 5 lug conversion on this. Might as well use them. Wanted to see if anyone had used GST wheels on a CB7 to see how it would look.

These are the wheels in Google images.

https://www.google.com/search?q=2g+g...dvzJtz6iI3GjmM

With 16's I'm also wondering what the correct tire size would be. Probably stock to the 2G GST is my assumption.

Looking into it. Any input or advice welcome.

Comment

So the tire size is 205/55R16 for the GST eclipse. That's what I'm pretty sure I'm going to run. Oddly I never noticed that my 2G TSi AWD (same as Eclipse GSX) had 17s while the fwd TSi and GST had 16's. Never the less the abformentioned tire size is what I think I'm going to go with.

As for the rear 5 lug conversion, I have read that I need the following components.

97 Odyssey rear hub/bearing assembly.
                    97 Integra Type R rear rotors.
                    OEM 90305-S30-003 axle nuts.

Pretty affordable as I priced everything at $152.00 from RockAuto and Amazon.

As for the front:

97 Odyssey wheel bearings
                    97 Odyssey hubs
                    97 Odyssey front rotors
                    97 Odyssey front calipers
                    97 Odyssey front caliper rails/ brackets
                    97 Odyssey knuckles with dust shields.

If I found complete knuckles from the corresponding Honda Odyssey then I would have everything I presume.

I've never contemplated doing this before. However I have the wheels in my possession and they would look better than the very unappealing factory wheels.

Comment

I used 97 prelude rear hubs for my five lug conversion for the rear. And the front is direct swap from the odyssey like you said. I found complete knuckle assemblies at the JY for $50 for both sides.
                      ~Nick~
                      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                        I used 97 prelude rear hubs for my five lug conversion for the rear. And the front is direct swap from the odyssey like you said. I found complete knuckle assemblies at the JY for $50 for both sides.
                        Good info! Thank you!

I will source some complete Odyssey knuckles.

Any reason why you chose Lude rear hubs?

Comment

I noticed an odd smell today on my way home from work. I got home and had coolant pouring out from under the car AGAIN. This thing has had 3 or 4 coolant hose leaks in the past year. Once again it was on the back side of the block. The top oil cooler hose had a hole in it. Luckily I had a new OEM replacement in my parts storage. I replaced the hose and refilled with coolant. Not leaking a drop, once again. The other oil cooler hose is old also and I assume it too will fail soon. It's easier to get to but I didn't have time.

Other than that this car gets me to work like a champ every day. It's such a good car. I'm saving money over the winter to go at it again in the spring.

Comment

I'm getting ready to get back after it. I wanted to get better camera equipment and will be placing the orders next week. It took me a bit to save up.

Also, I've been preparing for fixing the A/C. Someone put R134A in it. Probably why it doesn't work. I'm going back with R12. I purchased just under 30 ounces of virgin R12 for $130. 608 universal & 609 MVAC was super nice to have. I can't wait for ice cold A/C this summer.

I'm acquiring the following:

Denso A/C compressor with clutch.
                            Denso receiver drier.
                            Cap and core kit.
                            O ring kit.
                            And a Denso condenser.

I already have a 3cfm pump, gauges, scale etc.

I plan on doing the A/C as soon as I get timing belt and water pump done. I have two weeks until I get 9 days off. I hope to get the timing belt and a/c done in 3 8 hour days in the garage. Filming included so be watching for new videos on my channel.

Comment

R12 is just about $5 an ounce if anyone was wondering.

I sourced a pressure switch. Santech makes one. I don't know if mine is bad but I'm only doing this once. I will ohm both out and post here.

I have ester with dye and ester without. So I can lube o rings and not cause a false positive for a leak when checking with a uv light.

I purchased a new Denso expansion valve. Again, I don't know if mine is bad but I'm only doing this once. I will test the current one but will still be using the new one.

I have Nylog Red. It's for CFC refrigerants. I don't recall any fittings needing sealant however I figured it would be best to have some on hand. If Honda didn't use it I'm going to try not to either.

The Denso drier showed up with a cap not properly sealed. So RockAuto should be sending me another one. Just in case they screw around (RockAuto has been great except when they make a mistake or sell a faulty part) I purchased a third Denso drier from Amazon.

I am going to attempt to remove the condenser, both high pressure and suction hoses and the evaporator then flush the lines on the car with the Supercool flush gun kit.

I'm also planning to uninstall the R134A fittings as I didn't install them and use the factory service ports.

I have literally everything now. And everything I might need even. I'd rather not need it and have it then not have it and need it.

Before I tackle the A/C I will be installing a new timing belt, water pump, front crank seal, balance shaft Belt, tensioners, cam seal etc.

I will be starting a week from Monday. Also I have a ton of new camera equipment. I have been waiting for it to warm up so I can get back in the garage. And the vacation time to do it.

Comment

You have the retainer for the balance shaft seal? This is good insurance against a possible oil loss event.
                                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
                                X