This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ILLEGAL Street Racing

I feel this thread is necessary. Most of the racing posts here have to do with stoplight and highway encounters. Such encounters are illegal and dangerous. They reinforce the negative image we have as import tuners. Cops, older adults, media, and non-tuners all cling to the opinion that ANYONE in a modified import is a punk kid that will probably die in that noisebox they call a car. When you fly through traffic, drift around neighborhood corners, and peel out at stoplights, there is nothing to make these people think otherwise! I don't know about you, but my Aunt Ethel can't tell the difference between my car and cpmike's... they're both Hondas (not like her Caddy) with loud exhausts.

HOWEVER, this is the RACING forum. If you have a story to tell, illegal or not, tell it. IF you do not approve of illegal racing, you have two options. One, return to the index while shaking your head at the idiot who posted the story, or Two, say something CONSTRUCTIVE. If you wish to share your disapproval, do it in a respectful way. Street racing stories are welcome here, no matter how idiotic such racing may be. Any name calling, flaming, or other negative crap will recieve a warning. Do you really want to get warned for having everyone's best interest in mind? Be tactful if you MUST post about the stupidity of street racing.

For the record, CB7tuner.com and those who run it do NOT condone illegal street racing of any kind. We would like all our members to keep their lives, cars, and licenses! There are plenty of good drag strips around the country, and unlike street racing (which almost ALWAYS gets the BS flag) you can get timeslips to prove what happened!

Very well put...Coulden't have said that better myself!
    Automotive Service and Fabrication In SOCAL!! https://www.facebook.com/JLRFAB

Comment

Very nice. Thats what im talking about Deev

My Ride
      myspace

Comment

I might try racing at a track myself. thanks for the idea.

~DirtySouthHonda

Comment

Thanks for the warning to everyone. It's nice to see great leadership, esp. in a great community like this. Very well said.
          2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
          JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
          My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

nice way to put it... still have the charge pipes and downpipe

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=accord_drocca

Comment

Hmm.. it's two and a half hours to the nearest track for me.
              -Jay

Comment

Yeah I've had lots and lots of racing in my younger years on the way back from the beach. Yeah i got smoked by alot and i smoked alot of them. ahh good times. Ill prob have a race this weekend. Please stay on standby

Comment

i have no problem with street racing but if theres lots of people and cars around i dont aprove my .02

Dynamic racing

Look out for 4 point cb7 strut bars for dohc!!!

Originally posted by deevergote
                  bleh... i just put like 5 ounces of vodka in a 12 oz cup of mango iced tea...

Comment

now lets get it on, (just cause your standing by it, dont mean you can race). i like the opener, very insightful.

Comment

yes very well put as truck driver i have seen(before i was injured) that alot on the road even before i bought my accord project i would not do that . i think alot of that comes from the media it's movies music etc, however i think training is the key the driver training programs should more about denfensive driveing like raceing school or driveing schools (truck etc) should be more effective being able to spot situations faster and react in the proper manner. i am just like any one else want i race my car but i would rather save it for the track...

on may 22 2005 i was hit by a guy who was drunk/druged and was raceing
                      i was in my volvo 660 (i loved truck ) he was raceing up another car up an on ramp and he got to end of the on ramp , i was stuck in the right lane due to traffic he slows dow and then makes a left right in front of me i could not avoid him and hit the car (hit is not the right word i ran over the car ) my truck came back down on the wheels on the left side and then i started to jack knife (and if any has ever seen it happen or been in one that is scary shit ) all i could think about was my wife and baby boy , my traing took over
                      i held the wheel as tight as i could stayed off the brake and looked for an exit (the concrete shoulder not the ditch ) god was looking over me that night.

now that i have gotten into this honda as much as i have i think about that alot ..

just be safe and as courtious as possible and show the people who think ill of us there are wrong .
                      ''with great power comes great responsbilty''

jeff
                      93 accord ex cb7(i love this car)
                      04 kia amanti
                      02 sable gs
                      92 chrysler lebaron
                      03 kawasaki zrx1200r (my baby)
                      96 yamaha timberwolf 250
                      99 murry lawnmower (just kidding) :
                      WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

First off, good way to say it. I like that kind of leadership. But as Bluejayde sayed (it's two and a half hours to the nearest track for me.) and on top of that the track is not what I would call a (great track). To make the going to the track idea even more discerning is the fact that the track I have in mind wants almost $30 to race and on a good night you might get to race 5 or 6 times. Im not trying to flame on the going to the track idea, I like the security of going to the track. Its nice to safely and legaly race, plus I like the thrill of having alot of people watching. I wish there was a way to protest such high rates, four years ago it wasent much more than ten dollars to race. I wont say the name of the track but anyone in Kansas City knows what I am talking about.
                        Thanks
                        Radicom56
                        I used to call my accord my baby till someone threatened to call family services on me for child neglect.

Comment

good write up deev.....i have to say i agree to an extent.....racing on crowded highways or streets is stupid and has no respect for peoples lives/your life/ or your car.....now racing or speeding on city streets or in neighborhoods is the worst freaking idea ever heard!!!!
                          the only racing i am for is street racing/highway racing/drag strips when there are very few if NO cars. showing off for a mere min or two doesn't mean anything if your dead or in jail.

with that said...keep this forum full of "smart' racing events, and for those that race in general, be safe and respect others!
                          My members ride thread

Comment

I'm not saying that I don't launch at stoplights on occasion myself... it's just a matter of common sense though. And when I do it, I realize that I'm being completely stupid. You NEVER expect something to go wrong. Therefore, you're never ready for it. If you expect it, you wouldn't do it!

If you lose control on the track, you might hit a wall... or you might spin out. You might flip. If you're much faster than the guy next to you, you might hit him. However, there is always a safety crew present. You'll be wearing a helmet. And there won't be any people involved that didn't fully understand the risks.

Being "smart" about street racing is like being "smart" about taking drugs. By the time you lose control, it's too late.

Comment

I'm from Virginia Beach, VA. The event on this link took place about 1 to 2 weeks ago. Stupid kids giving us a bad name.

http://www.wtkr.com/Global/story.asp?S=4584098

http://www.dragva.com

We as "punk kids in our ricers" are getting singled out. Not only are we being ticketed for anything we do to our cars we are always the ones to blame for everything that happens illegally. American muscle doesnt get harassed for their straight pipe exhaust that is louder than stock, or guys who jack their trucks up way beyond the legal limit, we get pulled for our exhaust or having our cars lowered. The judicial system doesnt realize that the imports ARE THE NEW HOT RODS. I feel that their should be something EVERY import "Car Enthusiast" should be able to do, to change things. I guess you can say i'm complaining but it's not right for me to get tickets for modifications to my car just because its not a domestic. Oh well shit will never change. Sucks for us.

Comment

Working...
                              X