Accrdwgnguy : 1983 Chevrolet Malibu Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accrdwgnguy : 1983 Chevrolet Malibu Wagon

Well guys here is my project car. Its still in pieces right now but I should have her mostly back together by the end of the summer.

>>>Drivetrain<<<
    Stock 229 (3.8L) V6 :
    TH350 w/Lockup converter
    Coming Soon - Built TPI 305; V8 T5 5 Speed swap
    3.73 Non-Posi rear from 87 Monte SS

>>>Exterior<<<
    NO RUST
    Bodywork almost done, in primer
    Deleted Roof rack
    Deleted side moldings
    Factory spoiler added

>>>Interior<<<
    Bench seat up front (love it)
    Converting to Black from factory blue
    Clean (gotta love low mile granny cars)
    Factory A/C (the only option on this thing)

>>>Suspension<<<
    Ordered and on its way!
    PST Front end poly kit
    PST rear control arm bushings
    Moog 5660 Front springs
    Moog cargo coils in the rear
    F41 OEM frame braces
    Monroe Gas-matics

>>>Wheels<<<
    14" Olds Cutlass rally wheels, painted black (for now)
    Future -
    15" Camaro RS 5 spoke alloys/ BF Goodrich Radial T/A's
    15x7" Steelies and 60's sleeper caps

>>>Audio/Electronics<<<
    1993 Buick Century AM/FM/Tape player

>>>Future Plans<<<
    Many

Maybe if you guys are nice I'll let you in on my engine build plans. Lets just say it'll be good for 300-350 hp and 17-22 mpg (with an overdrive tranny of course) BTW I know you guys are cool I was just kidding. On to a few more pics!

Why you should wax your car. The clean line at the top is where the pinstripe was.

Yes i stripped it bare, the paint was in bad shape.

More pics here -
    Last edited by Accrdwgnguy; 06-01-2010, 11:52 PM.
    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

I like the wheels.

Get an exhaust cut out valve jus for shits and giggles.
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Thats awesome dude! I love those old malibu wagons...and pretty much any chevrolet for that matter. What EFI set up are you going with? TPI 350 or LT1 maybe?
      00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

That's really funny - I saw the title of the thread and I'm thinking, "Whats the likelyhood it's the same color blue as my dad's..?"

My dad bought it brand new, first new car we got since I was born. The only thing different where you have dark blue we had the woodgrain vinyl covering, with trim. The whole back of the wagon was always coated in armor all so when we rode in the back we'd slide all over. I think there's a big trap door where the spare tire is underneath?

Nice find, brings back lots of memories.

Comment

Just curious, but do you really think that car hasn't rolled over its ODO? I mean, its only 5 digits.

Comment

Hey someone bumped up this thread! Good to know there are other Chevy guys on this site

It's really a great car, much simpler than the Hondas. I plan on using a TPI or TBI setup on the 350. I like the TBI setup because it can easily be disguised as a carb setup for the old school look, But TPI's are pretty slick looking as well.

It's possible the odo rolled over, but the always garaged, grandma car story seems to make sense. The frame is still very solid(these cars are known for the rear frame rails rotting out) and had very little thru rust except for the smashed up doors.

Comment

lovin the plates..you could make that wag scream down a track..im curious to see where you go with it..
              Originally posted by chessboxer
              We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
              Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

another Chevy/Honda guy here, hmmmmmmmmm

my toy

83 with a fresh 350 w/ TH350 trans,headers-dual exhaust. TPI waiting to go in just need the cash for the stand-alone harness.
                http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Wow this is cool...I didnt know there were so many other Honda/Chevrolet guys here!

Yeah TBI is good for the old-school carb look, but as far as performance and efficiency, port injection is definately the way to go. I'm still trying to decide what my next bowtie project will be. But whatever it is, I'll be packing a LT1 or LS engine thats for sure!

I've even been toying with the idea of stuffing a LS2 in my S2000. If I do, I'm gonna change my license plate to "LS2K"
                  00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Chevy CELEBRITY!!!!

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
                    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
                    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Bobby- Nice project man! Malibu wagons are harder to find than Accord wagons, looks like you got a good one too. So you're going for the standalone harness? I was told by a few people that I can use the camaro engine harness and it would plug right in to the Malibu's dash harness. But a nice new harness is very nice to have. Keep me updated on your project man!

Comment

gonna go to the locker tomorrow and take some fresher pics
                        http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Would the El Camino Choo Choo Customs SS nose bolt onto the Wagon?

I know that there was some work to get the Monte SS nose onto the El Camino, but I feel like that nose on the wagon would really make it stand out.

Comment

Originally posted by AccordWarrior View Post
                            Would the El Camino Choo Choo Customs SS nose bolt onto the Wagon?

I know that there was some work to get the Monte SS nose onto the El Camino, but I feel like that nose on the wagon would really make it stand out.
                            It would, as the El Camino shares its front sheet metal with the Malibus. But I'm not really a fan of the SS nose, so I'm going with a classic look by keeping the stock plain bumpers.

Of course I have many different options, thanks to Lauren Engineering. There are fiberglass stock bumpers, front fiberglass flush fit bumpers, rear roll pan, many ground effect kits, etc. http://www.laureneng.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X