No announcement yet.

H311RA151N : 1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just bought the braided stainless oil pressure gauge hose kit for the Autometer oil pressure gauge.

$50 shipped isn't bad for peace of mind.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g2959

Comment

Got the braided stainless oil pressure gauge line kit from Summit yesterday. I got 6 feet because I didn't want to end up being short on length. I don't like nylon oil pressure lines and I really didn't want copper either. Braided is the safest way to run a mechanical gauge so I opt to go this route.

Vibrations are hard on oil pressure sending units so I stay away from that route as well. I did purchase a kit from STM to mount an oil pressure sending unit remotely but went ahead and went mechanical anyhow. Just my preference. Mechanical is more accurate.

Comment

The headlights aren't very bright on this thing. So I purchased a set of 9006 low beam Sylvania Silverstar Ultra bulbs and will align the headlights properly when they arrive.

This car is 9006 lows and 9005 highs just like the CB chassis.

I also picked up a used replacement cam gear cover since the one the car came with was cracked.

Comment

You should try the ge nighthawk bulbs (mine withstood a deer hit right on the passenger light) or put the high beam in the low beam.

Comment

Originally posted by ol blue View Post
            You should try the ge nighthawk bulbs (mine withstood a deer hit right on the passenger light) or put the high beam in the low beam.
            Wow, priced much more appropriately I think. About half the price of Sylvanias.

Comment

Got the fog light back in. Both work.

I had to paint the inside a little and it isn't as shinny inside as the other so I'm going to keep and eye out for a good replacement.

Car has pine twigs all over it in pic. Damn pine trees.

Comment

Just remembered it's almost time for an oil change. I don't know what the dealership put in it but I know it has a Mopar oil filter.

After some research I decided on Royal Purple 10w30 and an OEM Mitsubishi oil filter.

Comment

Royal Purple 10W30 will be here tomorrow.

OEM Mitsubishi oil filter will be here Thursday.

Used OEM timing cover will be here Thursday.

Headlights no ETA on.

Comment

4G63T Timing cover, Royal Purple 10w30 and OEM Mitsubishi oil filter.

Comment

Headlights arrived.

Comment

I got the Evo 8 BOV installed. This time permanently.

Shortly after getting the car I preformed a boost leak test in which I found the factory BOV was leaking. So I bought an Evo 8 BOV as a replacement and also as an upgrade. Once I installed it I noticed the boost spiking to around 20psi after initially building boost then settling down to where it's suppose to which is 15psi. So I took it off.

Now that I have the mechanical Autometer boost gauge installed it still builds a little more boost than it should but not nearly as much as the other gauge read. About 17psi which quickly settles to 15psi. I found out this is ok and typical of the stock T25. So I installed the Evo 8 BOV again.

I drove the car to work and back once last week. About 20 miles one way. I found that the car gets much better MPG. I was getting 15-16 MPG before and I'd estimate that I'm getting about 22-23 MPG now.

The car runs better. The throttle is a lot smoother. It builds boost at lower RPM's with less throttle. And it really sets you back in the seat when you want it to.

I've always been told that small turbos on a daily increase wear on the engine as they are in boost when cruising down the highway. I don't know about other turbo cars but when cruising down the highway at 60 my boost gauge shows almost 0 if not a little vacuum. Unless I'm going up an incline it's not in boost.

Still yet, I don't care for how snappy the T25 is. A little more lag would be nice. I don't like how just a little throttle is the difference between a few psi and 15. It would be nice to have a happy medium. The car moves out at half throttle almost like it does at full throttle. Which makes it hard to pass people etc without being excessive.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                          I got the Evo 8 BOV installed. This time permanently.

Shortly after getting the car I preformed a boost leak test in which I found the factory BOV was leaking. So I bought an Evo 8 BOV as a replacement and also as an upgrade. Once I installed it I noticed the boost spiking to around 20psi after initially building boost then settling down to where it's suppose to which is 15psi. So I took it off.

Now that I have the mechanical Autometer boost gauge installed it still builds a little more boost than it should but not nearly as much as the other gauge read. About 17psi which quickly settles to 15psi. I found out this is ok and typical of the stock T25. So I installed the Evo 8 BOV again.

I drove the car to work and back once last week. About 20 miles one way. I found that the car gets much better MPG. I was getting 15-16 MPG before and I'd estimate that I'm getting about 22-23 MPG now.

The car runs better. The throttle is a lot smoother. It builds boost at lower RPM's with less throttle. And it really sets you back in the seat when you want it to.

I've always been told that small turbos on a daily increase wear on the engine as they are in boost when cruising down the highway. I don't know about other turbo cars but when cruising down the highway at 60 my boost gauge shows almost 0 if not a little vacuum. Unless I'm going up an incline it's not in boost.

Still yet, I don't care for how snappy the T25 is. A little more lag would be nice. I don't like how just a little throttle is the difference between a few psi and 15. It would be nice to have a happy medium. The car moves out at half throttle almost like it does at full throttle. Which makes it hard to pass people etc without being excessive.
                          Have you looked into ecu tuning options with the stock ecu? Quick google search pulled up some promising options that might make your daily driving issues a little better.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                            Have you looked into ecu tuning options with the stock ecu? Quick google search pulled up some promising options that might make your daily driving issues a little better.
                            The ECM Link V3 is what I'm after once I feel comfortable letting go of that much dough. It's $600 plus I have a non-Eprom ECU so the socketing service is about $150. Worth it I just don't want to drop the cash right now.

I drove it to work today and blew the boost gauge line off at the T. So I need to take care of this little issue.

Comment

Woke up not feeling well this morning, used a sick day and wound up working on this thing a bit.

Changed the oil. Royal Purple 10w30 and an OEM Mitsubishi oil filter.

Oil was changed by the dealer previously before I bought it at 97,489. Today I changed it at 100,611. So it went 3122 on the previous oil and filter. About a hundred miles over what I wanted.

Comment

Worked on getting the Autometer oil pressure gauge installed today. Getting the gauges into the cluster bezel takes a bit of modification to the black pieces that secure the gauge in the pod/cluster. I got that done and the gauge is now physically in the bezel. The bezel and gauges are not secured in the photo. Just an idea of what it's going to look like when complete.

I was unable to run the stainless braided line from the oil filter housing to the gauge because the hole in the firewall that the previous owner made (looks like shit btw) is too small. I'm not going to half ass the hole in the firewall as I want the grommet to fit nicely as it should. I have a tool at work that basically goes in the end of a drill, extends 6" and turns to a 45* angle where the desired bit to be used goes. It's small and should do the job as long as I can get my hands on a very small hole saw. I might end up having to use a drill bit. We will see.

Its going to look great when it's done I think. It's not functional yet but still a step in the right direction. I wanted to stay away from an A pillar pod as I have a hard enough time looking around the factory A pillar in traffic. That and I want to keep items that give away information out of view for the most part.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 09-29-2016, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X