Custom Short-Shift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Short-Shift

Decided to do a little work to the shift plate /short shifter today. The result turned out amazing. Used my old Yeamans short shift and welded it back together (weak welds broke) Then modified the shift plate to accept the angle of the right shift cable.

I also removed the loose ass rubber shift plate bushing in the rear and replaced them with a precision cut piece of aluminum broom handle The end result is a nice crisp short precise shift! With little-to-no slop in the shifter

Notice the angle^

Cut/welded shift plate

Maintain rubber front plate mounts

Solid rear bushings

Comparing front to rear

Finished product!
    Edit:
    Few pass side shots

Whatcha think? Shifting is a 100% improvement OMG i just owned the local Touge! Chicken Coop Rd, Sequim Wa. is the Shit!

PS: Also made another of these shifters outta my stock one
    G-Shifter FTW
    Last edited by Cb_JoeyG; 03-19-2012, 04:06 AM.

8 Accords so far:
    '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
    '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
    (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Seems like it could be a nice alternative for those that don't have access to the Prelude shifter. I'd like to know how well it keeps the rattles away over the long haul though since you took out those bushings in the back.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Still has rubber underneath them and a washer that centers and holds it steady with the bolt

8 Accords so far:

Comment

Got and pics of the side (passenger side)

Comment

Ill take one now and update first post

8 Accords so far:

Comment

Is this shorter than a lude shifter?
            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

The real question here is how does it work with the center console on? Other short shifters raise one of the "cables" to the point where it hits the plastic underneath the center console; some cut a piece out to adapt to the new setup.

Comment

^^yeah the whole cable hitting the center console and what to do about it is never really discussed.

I did the prelude shifter swap and it made a small difference but nothing really noticeable. So I went ahead and bought an adapter for it. Dove around with out the center console and it felt incredible but I couldn't put my center console back on. So I took the adapter off because I don't want to hack shit up and have it look all weird. Unless there's a way to cut something and have it look normal.

I know it's off topic but seriously what do you do?

Comment

I already had the center consol notched, if i remember to today ill take a pic, itsw nothing drastic and dosent affect the center consol visualy,

i have not compared the prelude shifter to an accord one, but im fairly confident this is shorter

8 Accords so far:

Comment

NICE i made my own the exact same way only i drilled holes where the passenger side cable connects so its adjustable but i didn't think to cut and reweld where the cables attach to the mounting plate i may do that! nice job my dude

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=91030 <--MY RIDE!
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=140230 <--MY ongoing ENGINE BUILD!..

Comment

Working...
                    X