No announcement yet.

Stoner51 : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you get the s300 upgrade let me know what you think. I'm thinking of using a bluetooth banana pi as a live monitor with the android app.

Comment

The trim is looking decent now. It poured yesterday and the trim to me still looks good. I do plan to put some clear on it this weekend when I do the other side.
      Some pics in the shade.
      The bad trim.
      [IMG][/IMG]

Yes I have some of the back black shit on the paint. I will have to remove that but I did this 4 days ago
      The painted side.
      [IMG][/IMG]
      [IMG][/IMG]
      Yes the Eye sore where they broke into the car a year ago. I am going to attempt to fix this soon. If I fail and it looks like shit I guess I'll just replace the whole door. Pretty sure I can paint that and blend ti with the other door.

I was originally going to get the s300v3 but since we picked up the truck the accord has kind of been put back due to the maintenance I have to do on the truck. And I already have the usb cable in the car so I really didn't see an advantage aside from being able to use the ipad to tweek things as opposed to the netbook.
      Last edited by Stoner51; 09-30-2014, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Paint looks very full bodied from here!

Whats the paint code for that shade?

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
        UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
        NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Thanks. I like this wax. I think It made a difference over the collinite 845. It just doesn't last as long.

Its the seattle silver

YR94M-3

It's old. I had it painted 12 years ago. I am going to attempt to fix a few things myself. When I fail. I will have the car painted.

steve

Comment

Lol. When you fail? What if you succeed?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

This CB is so clean!
              My 90 coupe Mr thread....
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

When I succeed I won't have to pay someone to paint my car. And I can maybe afford the recaros I want.

Thanks SPLCB7

I went to replace the Tie rods today.

When I removed the outer joint it had some play, so I looked to the inner. It was not tight in the rack. I assume this was causing my delay in steering at high speeds.

Took it to the shop got an alignment and tires rotated and It drives like new. And I replaced those squeaky poly sway bar bushings. I will never try them on that again.

I hope to paint the other side of the trim this weekend. I may install the MLV in the front but doubt I will have time. Too many NCAA games tomorrow.

steve

Comment

Well I finally finished socketing my ECU and I put my p72 ecu in the car and funny thing is I had to adjust the tune some. But It seems to me the tune is better. I had been having some troubles with some inconsistency it is a lot more stable now.

I replaced all the caps in the p72 and the p28. I noticed when I pulled my old P06 out that it didn't have the caps on c51 and c52 so I added those.

The temp is coming down and now I need to fix my heater cable that broke earlier in the year, and hopefullly finish the MLV. I keep putting that off.

steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stoner51 View Post

When I removed the outer joint it had some play, so I looked to the inner. It was not tight in the rack. I assume this was causing my delay in steering at high speeds.
                    Interesting you found that. I have gone through 2 of those washers you bend around the nut of the inner tie rod to the rack. I tighten it up, bend the washers over, difficult to find the right angle too. Then it untightens it self, only a little way since the bend washer does its thing and catches it unwinding any more.

It was obvious to me from a sound I could hear and steering wheel vibration. I tried thread lock, still broke loose. I will try a new inner tie rod, a better make, Blue Print if i can get hold of one, hoping that the thread is a better fit and the mating faces are better.

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
                    UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
                    NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

I have been thinking about this a little as I found it odd. But if It does it again I think I will put a second nut from the old tie rod on the stem and double nut it and bend the washer back.

Just my thought.

steve

Comment

Man oh man, this is such a clean build. The car seems to be in fantastic shape.

Comment

Car still drives fine. Lost a bolt on the steering rack recently and thought the pump was going.

Thinking about going back to the stock interior. The katzkin is looking less than desirable and I think I like the cloth better.
                          Still working on the the CL mesh wheels. NO hurry since my current tires have at least 25000 mi left.

I haven't really done much to the car just drive it and routine maintenance.

steve

Comment

Working...
                          X