No announcement yet.

INT : DIY plastic polishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally decided to get some pics of the finished product. I'm not sure if u can tell the difference in the two, but of course, the first pic is the before pic, and the second one is the after pic. Before, the headlight lens looked cloudy and hazy. Now, it's hella clear . Thx alot for the tips and pointers mane

Check out what used to be mine
    Click Here

Comment

ii can see a big difference. i bet it looks alot better in person. good work man. later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

so i can polish the actual headlights and clearcorner and tail lights on the outside plastic lenses...sanding wont scratch and produce a foggy translucent appearance? would like to do this, great ideas mang
        rollin on em twankiez

Comment

Originally posted by 92_accord_f20a
          so i can polish the actual headlights
          if they are plastic (like the one pieces). the OEM headlights are glass.
          and clearcorner and tail lights on the outside plastic lenses
          correct
          ...sanding wont scratch and produce a foggy translucent appearance?
          don't sand unless you have too (deep scratches and deep nicks). you can just use the plastic polish. i recomend a buffing attachment on a drill to cut out a lot of hand buffing. later.

Comment

that's impressive. looks very good. thanks for the diy....

My Old Ride Thread

Comment

Alright Mr Clean.
              Every one knows you are the king of polishing plastic. So I'm Guessing your whole interior is real clean. I was wondering if you had tips on cleaning up the vinyl (sp) parts of the interior? Ie...Dash pad and door panels...
              Thanks
              Jason
              I My Honda
              Check out my Ride Here
              09-11-01 NEVER FORGET

Comment

Originally posted by jasonthebombero
                Every one knows you are the king of polishing plastic.
                you should see the metal i've done.
                Originally posted by jasonthebombero
                I was wondering if you had tips on cleaning up the vinyl (sp) parts of the interior? Ie...Dash pad and door panels...
                Thanks
                Jason
                i use watered down simple green on the door panels with a soft brisel brush. i scub it then wipe it clean with a terry towel. on the dash, i just use a silicon dressing. later.

Comment

some more headlights. later.

Comment

Originally posted by erikm
                    Ok, I looked all over for that mothers plastic polish, hah, yeah right couldnt find it. All I found was Meguiars Clear Plastic Polish? Will that work for Fogs? clear them up?
                    it will most likely work the same. i have never used it, but i know meguirs is good stuff.

i think you can order it off the site too www.mothers.com later.

Comment

^^^^ good job man.

did you use a drill attachment or is that all by hand? they look brand new. later.

Comment

since you cant use the plastic polish on the glas head lights, what do u use? i ground down the "bumps" on the top of the oem's wth a dremel, which left it smooth, but grey, opaque glass. what should i do?

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
                          since you cant use the plastic polish on the glas head lights, what do u use? i ground down the "bumps" on the top of the oem's wth a dremel, which left it smooth, but grey, opaque glass. what should i do?
                          these people make a glass polish in fine and heavy cuts. later.
                          http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?&SKU=11063

Comment

lmfao type g u crack me up u find one way or another to make ur car shine im loving it lmao i think that is so cool mad props bro
                            ~Nick~
                            FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                            MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

this guy is freakin awesome!

Comment

thanks guys. later.

Comment

Working...
                                X