Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1991 TCU in 1992 Accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 TCU in 1992 Accord

So I finally got my Accord running after three months. Started with bad fuel, then a bad distributor. Finally got around to fixing everything. My next issue is that the D4 light is on but not throwing any codes. The automatic transmission is acting like there is an issue with the TCU. Back when I had my 1991 Accord EX, I had to change the computer. Unfortunately that car died, but I kept the good TCU in it.

My question is, will the TCU from the 1991 Accord work in my 1992 accord?
    Does anyone else have a monthly budget of 10mm sockets or is it just me?

So I bit the bullet and did the swap. It works, but the D4 light doenst come on when shifted into it. I srill have all gears but the light doesnt come on. Does this have to do with the 1991 having that button on the shifer?

Comment

Probably. While it works with the 91 TCU, get on ebay, search for TCU repair service by "mandigital". Send him yours, he repairs it and ships it back very quickly with lifetime guarantee for $75. He repaired two of mine last year, both working fine.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

You are exactly correct. 92-93 autos do not have the Sport mode that is on the 90-91 models. The TCU will kind of work, but it's not the correct TCU. Get yours fixed or get a new one.

Comment

The 90-91 TCU throws error codes through the S light, whereas the 92-93 TCU throws error codes through the D4 light. I assume your D4 light stopped working because the wiring is different.

You'd be better off getting another 92-93 TCU, or getting your old one repaired as fleetw00d suggested. The one you're using now will work, but it's best not to use it long-term. At the very least, you may not be able to see error codes should they arise. It's very possible that you had a bad TCU AND transmission issues that are throwing codes.
          Treat your current TCU as a stopgap, not a permanent solution. Otherwise, you may end up with more expensive issues on your hands.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I decided to repair it and it works great now. I didn't like how it was with the other one. Now my next question. Should I put my spare PT3 ECU in it instead of the stock LX ecu?

Thanks.

Comment

Is the PT3 chipped and running a tune that will run your motor correctly? If not, then just use the stock ECU.

Comment

Working...
              X