No announcement yet.

marcusv8thunder : 1993 Accord 2.0i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well driveshafts have been fully rebuilt, every bit out, cleaned in petrol, and new grease put in and new boots on. Guess what, NO WHEEL SHAKE!!! problem solved!, lets hope this set of boots last longer than 6months.

Heres a bad news, distributor has decided to call it a day! so no start for this old Honda. Got a new one on order from USDM land.

A nice little find here pictures below:

Thats all really because ive been working on, and driving around in the other Accord

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
    UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
    NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Fixed up so little things yesturday, sorted out the front right speaker, failed on me, was just a wire connection issue, got my HIDs back in.

So, not driving the Accord for a couple of weeks and letting it chillout in the garage is not good! Wanted to give it a drive, and a run couldnt move it initially the brake pedal felt odd, anyway after working it out, it seems the soft brake lines have collapsed inside, providing a sort of one way valve for the fluid. Hit the brakes and then the brakes slowly release over a period of 5secs!

Clearly undrivable really, so on the hunt for some new ones, prefer to get some braided lines, Hels do them for the Accord but a set is like £100 ($150), seems a bit rich to me i dunno

http://www.helcarkits.co.uk/index.ph...ducts_id=11387
      Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 01-13-2012, 08:09 PM.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

small price to pay for firmness in brakes HELL id do it. stop being a tightwad markass.
        <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by tommi View Post
          small price to pay for firmness in brakes HELL id do it. stop being a tightwad markass.
          very good tommi lol, i know im tight, and it made me think, dont scimp on brakes, ive got good pads discs and fluid, and the front calipers are in good form.

So yeah think im going to order them this week, and at the same time, take off the rear calipers and give them a good service, and some new fluid again.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

nice cb bredgrin... whell dem look solid to i got the same color interior
            Last edited by real_mckoy; 01-16-2012, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by real_mckoy View Post
              nice cb bredgrin... whell dem look solid to i got the same color interior
              I have no idea what your saying, but ill take it as a positive!

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Just ordered these, should be here by Monday!!

http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/fra...ACTURERS=19818

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Right here they are, look really tasty actually.

And a nice picture of it before i hit it major style, complete brake refresh, new pipes to fit, refreshing the callipers, got a calliper rebuild kit coming, and some new racing brake fluid.

Pads are good still, so are the discs as i renewed them with EBC stuff not too long ago. I am also got a backup plan if the callipers are a no go for some odd reason to take the bigger discs and callipers of the red accord, and refresh them instead. But undecided on that at the moment.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Well this wasnt planned nor on the list of things to buy, but this came up for a steal so i had to get it.

Honda Legend coupe front lip!

In pretty mint condition as well.

And a little sneaky addition inside the car.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Ok well bit of DIY and TLC and the lip is on, defiantly changes the look of the front end, will take a while to get use to, but over all i think its a great improvement. I love how compatible Honda parts are.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

look good the legend coupe lip is clean

Comment

hmm u can get a HONDA legend lip but i cant get a certain lip off you.
                          <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by agol View Post
                            look good the legend coupe lip is clean
                            Thanks man

Originally posted by tommi View Post
                            hmm u can get a HONDA legend lip but i cant get a certain lip off you.
                            I cant keep up with what you want, thought you wanted to hold off that "other" lip, cos you getting parts for you other car.

Anyway, this wasnt planned, neither was it on my list of things to get, but got a email from a guy breaking a Legend, and a grabbed the lip.
                            Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 04-19-2012, 05:57 AM.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Front lip looks fantastic. Completely finishes off your car.

And yes, parts compatibility is awesome. I have/had many interchangable parts on my CBs.

Comment

Just gauging interest

So go to swap the mileage barrel over, but instead successfully fix the split hair wide wire with some solder. So after 3 years of no fuel needle guage, it now works! dam it why didnt i fix it before!

took pic with phone camera and a magnifier lense

Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 04-09-2012, 09:45 AM.

NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Working...
                                X