Accord Dynamic Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accord Dynamic Data

Feel free to discuss. This is all the dynamic data anyone should need for the Accord

Last edited by Domesticated; 03-23-2013, 01:11 PM.
    '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

I expected a better response than this... This is the holy grail of all Accord chassis data. It tells you everything you would ever need to know. Camber change per wheel travel. Maximum minimum wheels travel. Roll centers, body roll, steering yaw. Oh well, maybe someone will find it useful.

Comment

That's good stuff.

Wouldn't call it the holy grail as its just steering/Susp related, but surely it will come in handy.

You only posted it yesterday lol.

Comment

I figured when I guy comes on here complaining about the bad ride quality of eBay springs and gets 10 responses in a few hours, I assumed I'd get a better response on this in a day. Just steering and suspension? What else do you need? I don't think you could find this type of data anywhere else on the internet.

Comment

I wish I knew what it all meant...
            Originally posted by deevergote
            These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

For example the first 3 graphs show how your caster, camber, and toe change as your wheel moves up and down. This is useful for people who race. They know how their alignment is going to change as they go through a corner. Having the perfect alignment while sitting flat and not moving is good an all, but you want to make sure it's good when your flinging the car around.

Comment

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
                I figured when I guy comes on here complaining about the bad ride quality of eBay springs and gets 10 responses in a few hours, I assumed I'd get a better response on this in a day. Just steering and suspension? What else do you need? I don't think you could find this type of data anywhere else on the internet.
                Well you said holy grail of ALL Accord chassis data...

but there is more to the chassis then just the suspension.

Yes, for what it is, it's very thorough and would be hard to find it on the net.

Couldn't you just walk into a susp shop and have them look this info up?

is that how you found it?

Either way, thanks for posting it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                  Well you said holy grail of ALL Accord chassis data...

but there is more to the chassis then just the suspension.

Yes, for what it is, it's very thorough and would be hard to find it on the net.

Couldn't you just walk into a susp shop and have them look this info up?

is that how you found it?

Either way, thanks for posting it!!
                  I don't know what is missing from this that you would for dynamics. No you can't just look this info up. This info would have taken over a week or two to put together and it is highly unlikely that even the people designing aftermarket suspension for the Accord have this kind of data. When I was at work this summer one of my coworkers gave me the OK make a copy of this. After getting some other permissions I finally posted it.

Comment

Awesome!

Where do you work if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Chrysler SRT Vehicle Dynamics. Currently an intern. I'm back in Idaho for school, but heading back to MI for work in 6 weeks.

Comment

Chrysler SRT Vehicle Dynamics. Currently an intern. I'm back in Idaho for school, but heading back to MI for work in 6 weeks.
                        Nice dude!

This deserves sticky status for shizzle!

Comment

The first sentence in your response is the reason no one has responded. Know one has a clue about suspension geometry. Most would much rather buy cheap ebay suspension and complain about it. It's just easier for most to do it that way then it is to actually do research and know a little bit about what it is they are modifying.

Good info.... Wish I had the same for the CD chassis....Not sure if there would be much of difference between the two or not...
                          MR Thread
                          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

This is probably one of the best posts I have ever seen on the internet dealing with suspension tuning. The only problem is that it can only be used as a rough guide. From the notes on the testing it seems that no driver was used in the car. At the top it shows "Vehicle Loading Condition" saying that it is empty. With the corner balancing info it looks like an unmolested car with full interior.

Once the vehicle starts to get modified and gutted, the weight changes throughout the whole car and makes the data kinda useless for that person. Like I said it is a good rough guide for someone tuning their suspension. With someone in the car during the testing done to it, you would have a few results that are different just because of the extra weight in the car. Hell even a couple of gallons of gas less or more will change the suspension geometry of a car too.

I did not post this to discourage you one bit, like stated before this is one of the best posts on the internet I have ever seen and thoroughly thrilled to see this. Wish I had all the equipment to replicate this test to my own Accord to tune it better. Unfortunately I will have to continue tuning my suspension by seat of my pants and a few grassroots methods of tuning.

edit: This should be stickied
                            Last edited by axle; 03-23-2013, 06:43 PM.
                            My MRT

White Devil Owned by Axle
                            Go Fast or Suck

Comment

Any of the measurements as far as camber and weight is done without driver. All data on step steer, yaw, roll, or lateral anything is with driver. Those are all dynamic tests with driver. Driver is within the 95th percentile, gas tank is a 3/4 tank. Alignment won't change no matter what you do to the car, unless your crazy and you start changing the kinematics yourself with some custom stuff. You lower your car 2", you camber will go in that much according to the graph. If you lower your car the roll center will lower appropriately (small error). Most of this data will still be accurate. The things that will change the most is steering frequency and yaw rate. If you care enough to know exactly you will know the math and physics to make adjustments. Or you will have your own G meters to get an approximation. Very few OEMs even have the equipment to perform these kinds of test. It requires a lot of very expensive equipment.

Comment

Working...
                              X