H311RA151N : 1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
    Holy clean ride for an awesome price! Just don't go blowing the welds on your intake manifold!
    On a serious note, are the led side gauges stock?
    I'll try not to pull a Brian Earl Spilner.

Nope, they are aftermarket. And were installed poorly and incompletely. The factory boost gauge is built into the cluster. It has a - boost and a + boost so it's not very useful.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
      I'll try not to pull a Brian Earl Spilner.

Nope, they are aftermarket. And were installed poorly and incompletely. The factory boost gauge is built into the cluster. It has a - boost and a + boost so it's not very useful.
      lol yea, the stock gauge sounds terrible.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

lol yea, the stock gauge sounds terrible.
        Only thing it's good for is telling whether your making boost or whether you are not.

Comment

Well, got the EVO 8 BOV or BPV rather installed. Boost leak is fixed I think, or the largest boost leak anyhow.

Since this thread isn't really so appealing to this crowd I think I'll slow it down as for the updates. If I ever get serious with a CB7 again you all might see me around more.

Keep on keeping on cb7tuners! I learned a lot from this group and learned a lot about cars in general from the CB7 chassis! I owe a big thanks to both!

Who knows I may get tired of DSM's and get back into the CB7 chassis hot and heavy one day.

Comment

Pass side fog light needing repaired.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
              Pass side fog light needing repaired.

Coming along nicely the head lights are a night and day difference. New parts are always good, any eta on those installs.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Keep the updates coming. This is a beautiful car. I can't believe you found something so clean for the age. It practically looks like it rolled off the lot yesterday. I know we don't all comment that much but we do appreciate seeing the progress.
                MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Coming along nicely the head lights are a night and day difference. New parts are always good, any eta on those installs.
                  Thank you! I was surprised how the headlights came out myself.

It's looking like this weekend.

I got a screw in one of my brand new tires and found that my valve cover is cracked. Found both of these instances yesterday I was just too saddened to post about it.

I've purchased a used valve cover off eBay and I'm dealing with Tire Rack trying to get a replacement. They will come through I just have to wait. I plugged the tire for now. The car doesn't exceed 35mph during it's commute each day. And the duration of the trip is only 3.8 miles one way. I'm hoping to have a new tire on it by the end of this week.

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                  Keep the updates coming. This is a beautiful car. I can't believe you found something so clean for the age. It practically looks like it rolled off the lot yesterday. I know we don't all comment that much but we do appreciate seeing the progress.
                  I'll try. And thanks! I just don't want to over post unrelated topics/cars which is my concern but this forum is pretty darn good. I like it more than any where else. I'm just not doing anything CB7 related anymore. Mines sitting in a parking garage where it's been for 3 weeks now.

Thanks for the uplifting comments guys. With the luck I've had the last couple days it's nice to read something positive.

Comment

I vote to keep updating this. I may not post a lot but I do frequent the other autos a lot and I enjoy seeing when you post new updates on this car.

Comment

Originally posted by ol blue View Post
                      I vote to keep updating this. I may not post a lot but I do frequent the other autos a lot and I enjoy seeing when you post new updates on this car.
                      x2, that and the truck updates, too!
                      Originally posted by sweet91accord
                      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by ol blue View Post
                        Alrighty, I'll keep up the best I can with work (need to pay for it somehow) and the rest of life. And thanks!

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
                        x2, that and the truck updates, too!
                        I've been driving the truck everyday to work. I need to start working on it again and I do have a ton of plans for it. But for the time being it's my daily.

Comment

Tire Rack's warranty company (Sononsio or something like that) is going to reimburse me for the replacement tire I purchased today along with shipping. Was overall a great experience in the middle of a bad situation. Stressful but I'll come out alright. Plus I get to keep the bad tire. I plan on finding a spare factory wheel and throwing it in the trunk. Even with a plug in the sidewall it will make a great spare.

Here's the screw.

And the work I did today. Fog light and valve cover. Both aren't done but it's getting there. This is the new valve cover. Got it quickly as the seller was located just north of Des Monies. Which was cool.

Fog light internals. Not bad! Definitely fixable! Done rusted CB7 fogs which were way worse so this shouldn't be all that bad. Thankfully.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 04-26-2016, 09:31 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=H311RA151N;3255434]
                            Since this thread isn't really so appealing to this crowd I think I'll slow it down as for the updates.

I feel you. I know people watch in silence, but damn. I'm slowing down my golf thread for sure. That being said I want your updates lol.

Comment

Chris keep up your updates on that little ugly Golf! We love to see them. Also HellRaisin keep up the good work on this thing.
                              MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Thanks guys.

Undergoing some health issues at the moment so not feeling very well. Had some teeth removed today and woke up in the emergency room. I'm scheduled to leave my home in Iowa City, Iowa Wednesday of next week for Vancouver Washington by truck. Needless to say I've got a lot in front of me right now.

I got the final coat on the valve cover last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X