My Speaker Pod Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Speaker Pod Mod

Just some pics from my speaker pod mod, a 6" alpine type R speaker set going into a Q-Logic speaker pod enclosure. (sorry for any blurry pics)

The hardest part was deciding how to mount the heavy little speaker. The pod had to hold the weight of the speaker so it had to be mounted securely.

The tweeter mount was easy enough. I used a piece of metal from a PCI slot cover from a old computer I had lying around.

Started the larger speaker mount...

Another challage was the decision to mount the speaker from behind the pod or in the front (drop it down in). The speaker was meant to be dropped into a box/pod, but for this to happen I would have to cut these tabs off of my speakers so it would sit flush in the pod. The other problem was a mounting issue.

Front....

Cutting and sanding. I had to make sure I had proper mounting holes but I also do not want the speaker diaphragm (or other parts) rubbing against the pod plastic.

Clean up chalk lines and put back together with proper screws and backing plate.

I think they turned out fine. I'm going to stick with the Type R speaker cover for now and if they break then I'll go back to the black covers that came with the pods. That's 1 done ..... now i get to do it all over again. I was also thinking of painting the pods a darker black or another color; what u think?

thanx
    Last edited by Raf99; 05-17-2011, 03:30 PM.

Man that looks good
    Accord Of The Month January 09
    Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
    BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Originally posted by RICHIE*GT35R View Post
      Man that looks good
      thanks man; means a lot comin from you. Your ride is sick!

Comment

What color is your interior?

Nice work, I'm just not a fan of the q-logics even though I haven't used them myself. I can tell with them not being sealed in the back that you'll lose 'some' upper bass response and power handling but they should sound good though.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
          What color is your interior?

Nice work, I'm just not a fan of the q-logics even though I haven't used them myself. I can tell with them not being sealed in the back that you'll lose 'some' upper bass response and power handling but they should sound good though.
          My interior is grey and black. I guess one could seal the backs of these before putting them in, it wouldn't be difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
            thanks man; means a lot comin from you. Your ride is sick!
            Thanks man. Get some pics when you install them
            Accord Of The Month January 09
            Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
            BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

Originally posted by RICHIE*GT35R View Post
              Thanks man. Get some pics when you install them
              I'm afraid that will not be until the spring. The car gets stored for the winter and right now is off getting preped for a very lovely GT3582R.

Comment

What kind of grill do you have on that type r? looks nice.

Comment

Looks great. Those Q Logic kick panels are nice. Did you get them for a decent price?

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
                    Looks great. Those Q Logic kick panels are nice. Did you get them for a decent price?
                    thanks. I actually bought them from someone on this site for 40% off I believe. I'm sure they will equal the sound out in the car nicely. Not sure how many times i'm going to stop my foot on these, haha. I'm going to wrap the whole thing in plastic wrap or something for the first month.

Comment

final pics.

Comment

Comment

Does this mean you finally got around to putting them in?
                          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Still have door speakers?
                            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Wow that actually has turned out awesome
                              sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

Working...
                              X