Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

DBSharp's Turbo Fabrication thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My hood is jacked up in the rear for cooling. I don't have any issues with interference or anything.
    spin city

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
      My hood is jacked up in the rear for cooling. I don't have any issues with interference or anything.

Danny did I see you up at Zmax on Pinks??

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol
      ...this thread has been graced by the new CB7 King

Comment

no,

Update:
        flywheel bolts rattled loose from this POS clutch, so a new clutch is in order.

I redid the down pipe for more ground clearance.

oh yea did I mention that my flywheel location pin sheered off in the crank?

Gotta get another one so I went to the junkyard to get one off a engine I pulled to get the oem flywheel. tapped the pin and moved it but it wouldn't come out. fuck

So I went to go see Farmer, to look at his talon

and to try to find a crank at his shop. I got lucky and found a block with a broken rod and an oil cooler.

Then went back to the shop and

and then

So now I gotta get the old pin out and slap this shitbox back together!
        spin city

Comment

Went to vist JD @ Redline performance for some dyno time/ troubleshooting yesterday. *I would recommend him to anyone for tuning, he's a good guy and a very knowledgeable tuner.

wastegate pressure; 3.5 psi if I remember correctly

10 psi

17 psi: there were signs that the turbo was choking out so we quit trying to make more power.

I'm pleased with the power the car makes
          spin city

Comment

nicee numbers is this with stock jdm f22b with meth?

Comment

no meth.
              delta 272 cams
              forged pistons and rods
              spin city

Comment

no meth.
                delta 272 cams
                forged pistons and rods
                Nice numbers.

Dyno does look like you hit a wall around 6k. Maybe new cams/port/polish? Or are you satisfied?

Interesting that it just falls off like that being DOHC and all. In my DOHC setup(dsm), I run 272 intake/280 exhaust on the cams and that helped me a ton between 6k-7500-Also on an hx35.

Just throwing it out there.
                Originally posted by wed3k
                im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Awesome man. Very proud of this setup.
                  I will def be taking my car to JD when I am up and ready.

Yah it is a drive, but well worth it from my many sources that tell me so.
                  MadLab Racing
                  Southern Maryland

Comment

good shit

Comment

Daniel I don't care what you want to say I am going by what I know, there is no way you can choke out a Holset HX35 at 17 psi, these turbo's come alive at 30 psi and has proven on numerous occasions to pass 500 hp, you need to find your bottle neck,whether it be cams, head, fuel or injectors.
                      You are not quitting on me I need you in the 500 hp club.

Comment

just wondering how much timing are you running at 17psi for 6k and 7k rpm row/column?

Comment

if this was a hx35 I would be expecting more out of it, but its not. this turbo has a smaller turbine and a smaller turbine housing.

Also those are uncorrected numbers in the mountains in over 100 degree weather. with a correction factor, the numbers were well over 400whp. I know that dave blundell maxed a hy35 out on a gsr at 425 whp a little while back.
                          The hotside of these turbos just dont flow enough to take full advantage of the 56mm 7 blade compressor wheel.
                          spin city

Comment

if this was a hx35 I would be expecting more out of it, but its not. this turbo has a smaller turbine and a smaller turbine housing.

Also those are uncorrected numbers in the mountains in over 100 degree weather. with a correction factor, the numbers were well over 400whp. I know that dave blundell maxed a hy35 out on a gsr at 425 whp a little while back.
                            The hotside of these turbos just dont flow enough to take full advantage of the 56mm 7 blade compressor wheel.
                            My bad, guess you wrote hy and I saw hx.

Nice numbers for an Hy setup.
                            Originally posted by wed3k
                            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Its cool man. I'm not worried.
                              spin city

Comment

we are gunna have to kick it after I boost the wagon
                                MadLab Racing
                                Southern Maryland

Comment

Working...
                                X