• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a few things from the junkyard today:
    Acura PSF cap with dip stick
    Acura hydrolic hood arms
    Acura legend sedan front lip
    knobs and interior trim parts
    16" rims and low profile tires (now I can use my 15" aluminum rims as winter rims tires are brand new on them)
    cruise control module (didn't fix my problem)
    and a few other small items here and there.

I'll post pics up once I get her lowered, she looks jacked up with the new shoes on, so much wheel well gap! I know what you will all say so I'm not showing it yet.

I have a new drier for the A/C in the mail (still trying to afford a new compressor)
    New interior door handles in the mail

In the next few weeks I'll have a new radiator bracket (the big plastic one everything bolts to, not the ones on top)
    New front quarter panels (maybe passenger door skin too)
    New hood
    New/used chrome trim (still need to find OEM replacement trim for passenger side)

I'll have it lowered at a shop so they can get my camber right, I don't have the tools to do this, but you can bet your bottom dollar I'll watch the mechanic like a hawk.

Comment

You can do suspension yourself and drive it to an alignment shop.

If you don't get an adjustable camber kit, all the shop can do is adjust your toe in/out.

You can rent a spring compressor and just need jackstands and basic hand tools to re & re struts/springs.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
        You can do suspension yourself and drive it to an alignment shop.

If you don't get an adjustable camber kit, all the shop can do is adjust your toe in/out.

You can rent a spring compressor and just need jackstands and basic hand tools to re & re struts/springs.
        The nearest shop is a LONG drive over shitty roads, I'll bring in my CB7 with all the parts needed and just pay for their labor. I doubt they would let me do the suspension in the parking lot and I don't want to drive far with bad camber/alignment. I do plan to get everything for the shop to do it right and safely.
        Last edited by wildBill83; 08-20-2012, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Some small updates:
          I got all of the last tan interior trim pieces today and picked up burgundy spares. I also replaced all of the interior light clear plastics. Interior is all stock and in decent shape now! I got my $2 worth at the junkyard today. BUT... I lost some bolts for my front bumper (I think the chickens ate them) and want a new metal backing for the bumper so back to the junk yard I go tomorrow, but not the Belton one, I picked it clean ... Elm Mott here I come.

Some updated photos (still not dropped the 2" I want to do yet so don't give me shit over ride height).

New rims next to rear rotors (got these for cheap with rubber and they are temporary, will sell them and get 17" later)

Stopped for a quick phone photo:

Finally got the front end straightened out from the previous owners wreck (still need to order new radiator backing bracket that supports lights and all as well as a new hood and drivers side quarter panel):

Anyone need a CB7 SE stock front lip? I'm putting an Acura Legend sedan lip on now. Will post photos when done.

Acura PSF cap with dip stick, these are SWEET!

Acura hood hydraulic mounting mock up:

More photos to come over time, I consider this a work in progress. Soon I'll be doing body work and prepping for paint (staying with stock color).

More photos with the bumper and new lip back on it tomorrow night and hopefully hood shocks.
          Last edited by wildBill83; 07-12-2013, 04:59 PM.

Comment

If I wasn't going to Chicago Wednesday I would say that you could come down here to Bryan and do the suspension in my driveway and then take it to an alignment shop. There's plenty here.

One suggestion for your car would be to tint your windows. That SE leather has a hard enough time staying together as it is. When the sun beats down on it it really doesn't stand a chance. Protect it with tint, even if it's just some 35% stuff.

Also, what are you going to use to lower it?
            Last edited by Jarrett; 08-20-2012, 01:50 AM.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
              If I wasn't going to Chicago Wednesday I would say that you could come down here to Bryan and do the suspension in my driveway and then take it to an alignment shop. There's plenty here.

One suggestion for your car would be to tint your windows. That SE leather has a hard enough time staying together as it is. When the sun beats down on it it really doesn't stand a chance. Protect it with tint, even if it's just some 35% stuff.

I just spent nearly all of my money at the junk yard, so I can't afford the lowering stuff yet. I can't even afford the flushy spoiler now because I got the rims and other items. Still waiting on first paycheck of my new job. I'm one broke mofo now.

The car has crappy 35% bubbled tint on it now, but I got 260 air conditioning right now until I can get my hands on an a/c compressor. I have a manifold set and a 3hp deep vacuum to finish my a/c repair, just need a working clutch a/c lol. Maybe I'll find one today, they go for $50 from the Elm Mott yard... grabbing a 9v battery before I head out to test clutches now.

Have been looking over the suspension section and these posts to make the final decision on what I'm using to drop it:
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=177130
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=139318

There is a black Acura Integra with KYB AGX struts and Eibach springs at the junk yard in Belton, it had considerable front end damage to the passenger side, I almost grabbed them but was not sure of spring rate and if the damage effected them so I let them be. Maybe I'll find something on the junk yard run today.
              Last edited by wildBill83; 08-20-2012, 07:57 AM.

Comment

I still would have grabbed those struts and springs to clean and resell them.

PM me later as I may have some suspension stuff you could use.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Sweet thanks Jarrett, I'll def hit you up, I scored a working denso a/c compressor today from the Elm Mott yard, now if only my receiver/drier was here I would be blasting some COLD air. Got to have some patience now so I don't take my stuff apart prematurely. I don't want to fix my a/c just to have it go out again soon. Come on FEDEX!

BTW that Elm Mott yard is an untouched cb7 dream of stock parts, I litterally got a ton of parts from the first CB7 I saw and they were all good. If anyone needs an alternator or PS pump I already did the work for you, row two car one. Get it before it rusts!

Now to finish my legend lip install and shower!

Comment

When I first got the car the front bumper was way out of whack, I could place my hand between the grill and the top of the bumper, now she is buttoned up nicely. The legend lip is nice too.

Legend lip done, now to get one of these http://compare.ebay.com/like/1504309...Types&var=sbar to finish the front end off. All gaps in the front fixed and bumper now sits good, just have to replace the radiator core support and get new 1 piece headlights. I had considered fitting a 90-91 bumper with the fog light cutouts but I'm going to wait and evaluate stock fog lights that are a pain to find and aftermarket fog lights on my CB7 with a stock fog light switch.

Last two things on the check list are A/C rebuild (parts on order) and cruise control diagnosis.

Then time for appearances like a drop and new hood and passenger fender bondo wood block sanding and a respray to factory champagne.
                    Last edited by wildBill83; 07-12-2013, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Door handles are another eBay item. It's extremely common for them to break and any good ones you find in the junkyard aren't far away from breaking themselves. New ones have been reinforced to not have that issue and I've had success with even the cheapest ones on eBay.
                      Jarrett, I just found out people are buying these handles http://www.jcwhitney.com/andltbandgt...d855y1993g26j1 http://www.jcwhitney.com/andltbandgt...d855y1993g26j1 and reselling them on eBay for 2-3x as much as they paid. LOL So I got them from JC Whitney last week, should be installing them in the next few days when they arrive, just thought I would share. Don't buy the eBay ones!
                      Last edited by wildBill83; 08-21-2012, 11:15 AM.

Comment

You find them on eBay for around that price often enough. Maybe $5 more or so, but I doubt JC Whitney ships for cheaper than $5.

Comment

I ordered what I need to rebuild my a/c at the same time, so shipping was only $8 with a $150 order. I found a coupon later for free shipping on orders over $100 so I kicked myself in the butt for missing that, but $8 isn't so bad. Still on the fence for the radiator core support replacement, I think if I get 1pc headlights I can work around it. What is your opinion? I got the one on the car pretty straight with some elbow grease and a rubber mallet.
                          Last edited by wildBill83; 08-21-2012, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Forgot to share the photo of the gas hood shocks.

They are SWEET! Now engine work is much easier and I can really get around in the engine bay.

This forum is awesome for sharing these ideas.
                            Last edited by wildBill83; 07-12-2013, 05:04 PM.

Comment

It takes a password to get to your site. Is this something you share with everyone?

Comment

Originally posted by mikedprince View Post
                                It takes a password to get to your site. Is this something you share with everyone?
                                For sale threads are locked to keep scammers out, read the rules of that section and the p@$$word is hidden in there. That is all I can say or deev may hunt me down and skewer me.

Comment

Working...
                                X