Speaker baffles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker baffles?

So I have a 93 ex, still has stock speakers. And I hear about people putting 6 1/2's or 5 1/4's in their doors. Is there a baffle or something anywhere where to make those fit? Or are people just screwing them to the door.. I've tried searching and couldn't find much..

93 4dr ex 5 speed
    97 Integra DB7

damn youre lucky you got them bose cavities.. on my cb's it was just a plastic basket the speaker screws into and that screws into the door. with aftermarket i had to trim the back of the basket away for the magnet, but those were with cheap speakers, the Alpines, I had to make a ring out of mdf the speaker screwed to, the glass had just a hair of room to the speaker and the speaker surround touched the backside edge of the grill on the door cover..my swap car ill have to come up with something different for the front doors as i got another pair of 6.5 alpines to throw in..i had issues with the alpine 6x9 in the rear pods, even with SE pods not fitting so i never ran them

Comment

Bose cavities? But mine is an ex.. And so I'm guessing I should just go to the junk yard and find another model with those baffles youre talking about? Are they in lx's and Dx's? Or like 91's. I'm kinda confused since I don't have an Se.
      93 4dr ex 5 speed
      97 Integra DB7

Comment

No the 4" baffles suck for aftermarket speakers. Get the 6.5" baffles and it'll be a much better selection and sound. I believe they are in lx and dx. You should be able to find them at the LKQ by Jordan Ln IIRC.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by ahdiofreak View Post
          Bose cavities? But mine is an ex.. And so I'm guessing I should just go to the junk yard and find another model with those baffles youre talking about? Are they in lx's and Dx's? Or like 91's. I'm kinda confused since I don't have an Se.
          I have a pair of DX/LX 6.5 inch baskets, pay shipping and they're (gaaa! I can't believe I originally typed "their") yours.
          Last edited by Fleetw00d; 11-23-2014, 09:11 PM.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
            No the 4" baffles suck for aftermarket speakers. Get the 6.5" baffles and it'll be a much better selection and sound. I believe they are in lx and dx. You should be able to find them at the LKQ by Jordan Ln IIRC.
            I was just at lkq today and forgot. Lol. You in huntsville also?
            93 4dr ex 5 speed
            97 Integra DB7

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
              I have a pair of DX/LX 6.5 inch baskets, pay shipping and their yours.
              No thanks. My brother may actually have some lol
              93 4dr ex 5 speed
              97 Integra DB7

Comment

Originally posted by ahdiofreak View Post
                I was just at lkq today and forgot. Lol. You in huntsville also?
                I went to school there and LKQ was like my second home.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                  I went to school there and LKQ was like my second home.
                  It's the only real junkyard we have really. lol Especially one that's maintained.
                  93 4dr ex 5 speed
                  97 Integra DB7

Comment

Working...
                  X