Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when I went to get front pads from the dealer, they gave me nissan, and I was like no there akebono. and there like wth it says on th ecomp it should be nissin.

My Members Ride Page

Comment

It seems that the "extra" spring that was on the Nissin caliper(see pic above) has worn down over the years, letting the pad rub off the edge of the rotor. It may have been possible to just bend the spring out so it pushed down more on the pad, but I decided to go with akebono, only way you can mess that up is cross-threading the bolts.

i had this prob before but was the pads that the part store gave me i said nissin they fit tight thought maybe manufacturer so went to crappy tire and bought some monroes and voila prob solved and i dont know how cb's work in the states but here in canada i have owned 3 seprate cb7's completly stock and they all had nissin i have a coupe also will chek soon wich calaipers it has.

Comment

Maybe I missed this but I'm just going to ask. Are Nissin pad interchangable with Akebono calipers?

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB
          Maybe I missed this but I'm just going to ask. Are Nissin pad interchangable with Akebono calipers?
          I don't think so.

Nissin should be nissin pads and akebono to akebono pads.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
          1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
          2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
          2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
          2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
          2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

I accidently bought Nissin pads for my Akebono calipers, i was used to my sedan which had the Nissins on them, so I put them on with the Powerslot plus kit, now the pads have the wear issue noted in this thread, but goddam my coupe stops so much better the sedan with Nissins its not even funny which is hilarious, so next step: get Akebono pads... lol yeah

Originally posted by zack_odom
            Yummmmm. I'm going to go eat some Buddy Club sauce with my Mugen Spoon.

Comment

I do believe I have akibono for my ex, will this brake pad work for it because it only says that it is applicable to dx and lx models:

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/se...Honda%20Accord

*please note that I am not advertising anything or any website and if you find this post incorrect, please delete it accordingly...Thanks*

PROJECT: EIEN (Eternity, Endless) in progress...

"What's the point of a race?- Just means you're faster...that's all. If I have to race, it should be for something important..."

"What Is A Man Who Cannot Prosper and Better What He Owns?"

Comment

i currently just purchased reybestos front and rear and they didnt ask me which i had either Nissin or Akibono and when i saw my boy taking the rears off i knoticed they said nissin and now for some reason it seems like the front is rubbing at one piont when the cars in montion ?

did the 10th anniversary editon come with akibono in the front and nissin on the rear ?

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by 10thAnnCB7 View Post
                  i currently just purchased reybestos front and rear and they didnt ask me which i had either Nissin or Akibono and when i saw my boy taking the rears off i knoticed they said nissin and now for some reason it seems like the front is rubbing at one piont when the cars in montion ?

did the 10th anniversary editon come with akibono in the front and nissin on the rear ?
                  someone stated above already that all 4drs came with akebono up front and coupes came with nissin up front, and both 4dr/2dr came with nissin in the rear....
                  Last edited by 90blackcoupe; 12-13-2009, 07:44 PM.

1993 CB6 Coupe Seattle Silver YR-94M

Originally posted by Acclude
                  4gens are win. It's in the bible somewhere.
                  yeah its verse 10.6:1

Members Ride Thread
                  1993 Accord Coupe- Summer ride
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130064
                  1995 Civic Coupe - Winter/DD
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...53#post2744953

Comment

All rear calipers were nissin.

Comment

my ex wagon has nissin calipers all the way around and they are the heaviest and meant to carry the most weight.
                      with honda using these for wagons they must have a better stopping potential as mentioned by the others(noticed nobody said anything about wagon calipers)
                      ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

so the "nissin" logo should be infront of the caliper facing towards the front bumper right? i looked and didnt see any logo and i have a 93 coupe se disc all around

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                        When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Alright wait? My 92 sedan ex has akibono in the front and nissin in the back? Is this correct?

Comment

To add to the confusion, I just checked, my 92' lx coupe has akebono calipers on the front.
                            Short

Comment

almost confused.

On my 92 ex there is nissin in the front. as for me i think im going to kee them. BUT I do believe for the akibono you can buy durlast c-max old pads witch are like 60 bucks and for the nissin you can not buy these pads yet only the gold or normal pads. the c-max gold are the ceramic.
                              www.myspace.com/spayellowaccord This is mine!
                              www.myspace.com/autorevolution This is our car club!
                              1. 1992 Spa Yellow Accord EX 5spd coupe. I <3 My CB'S
                              2. 1992 Grey Honda Accord DX 5spd coupe. I <3 My CB'S
                              3. 1992 ? Honda integra Xsi DA6 im so jdm i sleep on my right side.
                              4. 1993 Black Honda Civic Hatchback. love my EH

Comment

wanted to add the if the cars vin number starts with 1 its made in USA and coupes have akebono calipers, if the cars vin number starts with a J its made in Japan and the coupe features nissin front calipers.

1993 CB6 Coupe Seattle Silver YR-94M

Originally posted by Acclude
                                4gens are win. It's in the bible somewhere.
                                yeah its verse 10.6:1

Members Ride Thread
                                1993 Accord Coupe- Summer ride
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130064
                                1995 Civic Coupe - Winter/DD
                                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...53#post2744953

Comment

Working...
                                X