Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Official Photography Thread* (56k warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like river shots. Pictures look good. The last one looks funky though.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

those stream and river shots are great but the last two are a bit too underexposed.The first one is the best one of the three. I would just crop out a bit of the top as the bushes in the top right corner are a bit distracting. great job!
      The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
      Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
      Check out my JDM F22B swap
      Watch my CB7 video

Comment

1st attempts at panning. Constructive criticisms welcome.

yes, i know this Max is a bit overexposed.. but focus on criticising the panning hehe

Thanks.

Comment

They look pretty good, but the perspective you were shooting from is a little awkward. The focus looks pretty good, but you could stand to get some more blur. Remember, since you're shooting digital it's no problem to make a mistake. Experiement and go for a little longer shutter speed than you think you should. If it doesn't come out, no big deal, just delete it and learn from the experience.

Originally posted by Maple50175
          Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

yeah i kinda figured that. and I think I'm a bit slow in focusing on these shots. I seem to be snapping when i'm focused at the back of the car. I'd like most of the car to be focused. these shots have little blur since these cars were slowing down for a stop light.

Thanks for the CnC bro.

Comment

joey! not bad pare! really not bad at all, it took me a long time to get use to panning...but how funny im actually gonna post a pan shot i did up at angeles crest from two weeks ago that i got around to edit...

So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

No problem Joey! Panning shots are very difficult, so many different variables come into play. While shooting for panning, you could probably go ahead and set it to a wide field of view, since your motion will blur everything else anyway. That way, you don't have to worry about blurring any of the car because of that. Also, make sure you have your camera's autofocus mode set to AF-C so it will continuously monitor and adjust as the car moves.

Another thing I've noticed when I've tried to take some panning shots is that I always end up "behind" the car. So it might be of worth to try and "lead" the car in your viewfinder as you would if you were hunting. Even if you end up "ahead" of the car a little, it provides space in the frame to show that the car has somewhere to go, which is more asthetically pleasing than a shot with the car already passing by.

And very nice panning shot nghtrydr! It's hard to tell in the one you posted, but the large version on flickr shows how sharp the bike is compared to the background. You also left tons of lead room for the bike, which is always nice.
                Last edited by Tnwagn; 06-21-2009, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7wagonPL View Post
                  /\/\ is he old enough to drive?
                  He just turned 21 on Friday.

And damn zelseman, your river shots are epic.

Comment

thanx tnwagon, you give some good tips better than what i can do. I suck big time at teaching people without visually showing them haha.

with my pans i actually shoot fairly wide and crop if need to. which is another fail safe that can be done.
                    So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

Originally posted by nghtrydr23 View Post
                      joey! not bad pare! really not bad at all, it took me a long time to get use to panning...but how funny im actually gonna post a pan shot i did up at angeles crest from two weeks ago that i got around to edit...

Nice shot!

Panning is tough business.

Good tips up above.
                      Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
                        my 2nd hdr pic
                        good pic...geneva green is the shit...but that grill makes me physically ill...I may need to go to the hospital actually...
                        Do u wear glasses by chance? ? U may want to put them on the next time u look at ur car lol

Comment

I can talk technique all day long but when it comes time to actually produce good pics I'm still a super noob

Comment

Just messing around:

Comment

wat?

Comment

Harsh light and reflections are not your friends.

Comment

Working...
                                X