No announcement yet.

H311RA151N : 1986 Ford F-250 XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thumbs way up for some nice tires, made in america by an american company. I used to work for a tire company who's 70-80% product line was manufactured by Cooper, i had their manufactured products in the Mickey Thompson version as well as our company branded and liked them specially their top tier touring with awesome mileage warranty.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
      Thumbs way up for some nice tires, made in america by an american company. I used to work for a tire company who's 70-80% product line was manufactured by Cooper, i had their manufactured products in the Mickey Thompson version as well as our company branded and liked them specially their top tier touring with awesome mileage warranty.
      I've had my eye on them for a while. I think I made a good choice. They weren't the cheapest. But nothing that's very good tends to be.

They'll be here Thursday. I can't wait!

Comment

Aren't those going to be very noisy with the large tread lugs?
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
          Aren't those going to be very noisy with the large tread lugs?
          I hope so.

Comment

They arrived today. All 4. Only 3 pictured. Was in the process of loading them up when I realized I didn't take a picture yet.

Comment

Got the tires on. No rubbing. Put 100 miles on them. Very quiet. Rides and drives better.

Comment

Comment

I love it! Keep up the good work on this thing.
                  MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I buried this in a snow bank about 2 miles from my house. I was going down a road I had always went down when it was bad and got to far in to quick when I realized I was fucked. I went through 2 feet of snow/water/slush and the end of a snow drift pulled me to the right and it dug in.

That was Saturday.

Now, its froze in and I tried to get it out with the snow/water/slush frozen. I put it in 4 low, let out on the clutch and it was froze solid. I tried again and blew part numbers all over the place. I've at least exploded a front universal joint. The one that goes to the front diff. And by what I can see I may have twisted the front drive shaft.

By not being prepared I almost got seriously injured. I was wearing shoes. Again, I've not ever gotten stuck in this thing. That probably led me to being overly confident. But once again, I knew in advance I was fucked. I couldn't stop or turn around, ice chunks were hitting the windshield, and I was going at it with everything I had and the truck had knowing I wasn't going to make it. I was just trying to make it absolutely as far as I could. I stepped out into ice water up to my knees, locked the door, got on the phone immediately and told my wife to come get me and we're going to the hospital. I walked 3/4 of a mile in ice water scared shirtless that I was going to lose my feet and or toes. As I came up the hill I started to warm up.

Continuing this story when my phone charges as its at 2%. Pictures included. Give me half an hour. More to come.

Continuation. As I started walking up the hill I started warming up and realized I wasn't in as severe danger as I was. I stayed on the phone with my wife the whole time.

Here are some pictures. The first are that day when I went back with rubber boots that go up to my knees.

This is the day I went back once it was colder. And it was frozen enough to stand on the 5' snow bank.

And what I've bought to hopefully get it out. There are some huge trees about 80 to 90 feet behind the truck I can use. I think I should've went with a 10k or 12k winch but I believe that with this I will be able to get it out. At least enough to see about the front drive shaft.

I bought a bunch of D rings, tree savers and 30' and 20' towing straps with 30,000lb ratings. Also a Smittybilt 54" off road jack to see where I can get that thing to work for me. Getting the snow and ice from under the frame and diff will help a lot.
                    Last edited by H311RA151N; 02-27-2019, 08:32 PM.

Comment

First off glad to hear that you are fine and didn't need the hospital trip.

Secondly, holy shit man you did a number on that. Not sure I would have gone balls to the walls to see how far I could make it though. Although I've done things just as stupid with mud and had it freeze a truck in 3' mud. Tons of fun let me tell you.

Thridly, you live in an area where winter is winter. You should know better to be prepared especially driving down that shitty road. Glad your feet didn't have any issues again!

Hopefully the winch will be enough to pull her out of the hole.
                      MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                        First off glad to hear that you are fine and didn't need the hospital trip.

Secondly, holy shit man you did a number on that. Not sure I would have gone balls to the walls to see how far I could make it though. Although I've done things just as stupid with mud and had it freeze a truck in 3' mud. Tons of fun let me tell you.

Thridly, you live in an area where winter is winter. You should know better to be prepared especially driving down that shitty road. Glad your feet didn't have any issues again!

Hopefully the winch will be enough to pull her out of the hole.
                        I won't say I didn't fuck up. I hear ya.

It was too late. Once I went down the hill I was screwed. And you can't see the road below from on top of the hill due to overhanging trees and distance. I kept it going as long as I could. If I stopped I was stuck. The best chance I had was to keep going and maybe I would make it out on the other side.

I'm used to the weather. I've lived in the mountains of Wyoming and I've experienced weather comparable to Antarctica (according to the media, not that I've been to Antarctica lol). The temperature was 34*F that day so... yeah I still messed up but it wasn't cold. The ice water run off made it so dangerous. Which I wasn't expecting. A pair of rubber boots or two are staying in the truck from now on. And I'm done with that road. I've had too much shit happen on it now.

I appreciate the concern. And I deserve the other part about knowing better. Believe me, I'm my biggest critic. And I was a fucking moron.

Comment

Some equipment arrived today. It will serve it's purpose immediately and be a good idea for the future as well. I didn't cheap out. And I got a good variation. I've been reading quite a bit about proper winching procedures and such.

Comment

If you ever get stuck like this again let the truck run for 30-40 minutes before you do anything. Heat from exhaust will melt a bunch of a that shit loose and help you out a ton.

And maybe a shovel for the emergency kit? I bet if you shoveled out the front end the day you got it stuck you could’ve freed it up

My .02
                            Originally posted by wed3k
                            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
                              If you ever get stuck like this again let the truck run for 30-40 minutes before you do anything. Heat from exhaust will melt a bunch of a that shit loose and help you out a ton.

And maybe a shovel for the emergency kit? I bet if you shoveled out the front end the day you got it stuck you could’ve freed it up

My .02
                              I think your absolutely right about shoveling it out.

As for letting it run I actually thought of that but didn't know how effective it would be.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                                I think your absolutely right about shoveling it out.

As for letting it run I actually thought of that but didn't know how effective it would be.
                                Letting it run has helped me before and I was to do so by a seasoned Midwest guy. Basically the snow packs against the under carriage and traps the heat. Heat builds, melts snow. Liquid water is denser than snow, snow pack size reduces and cavern erodes

Eventually the heat escapes the cavern and by then a ton of the snow has melted

Pair that with shoveling out and you can usually get out before the vehicle is frozen in place, because once that happens, stuff like what you are dealing with becomes common.
                                Originally posted by wed3k
                                im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Working...
                                X