Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ebay rotors any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've went this route before, don't do it. They are no-name rotors and wont last and are not safe. I think I went about a year and a half before I was replacing them again due to rusting and warping. Plus when you do have to slam on the brakes suddenly you really realize the difference between cheap and expensive. (which in this case could save your life, or someone elses). If needed save your money and go with a good brand and they will last forever.

Cheers

Comment

OK xkjnboix, you have got to tell us where you get those Brembro blanks for $40 a pair.
      Don't you be holding secrets. Lol.

Comment

Ebay rotors no no no.
        Go with Brembo blanks..
        1st car: Frost White 1991 Accord EX sedan.. (Dec. 1999 ~ Jan. 2001) *Sold*
        2nd car: Black Pearl 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary sedan (Feb. 10, 2003 ~ Mar. 8, 2008) *Sold*
        3rd car: Frost White 1992 Accord EX sedan (Jan. 15, 2008 ~ Aug. 12, 2008) *RIP*
        4th car: Seattle Silver 1991 Accord EX coupe 5MT (Aug. 13, 2011 ~ Mar. 19, 2014) *Sold*
        5th car: Black Pearl 1994 Accord LX coupe 5MT (Mar. 1, 2014 ~ )

Comment

I have been looking for a while now and I also can not find Brembo blanks for $40 a pair?

I have swapped to 99 ex 5 lug. Any one find them this cheap?
          92 CB7 F22 5 speed.

^MY RIDE THREAD^

Comment

Brembo blanks are the way to go. Brakes are NOT something you want to cheap out on no matter what the deal is.

Please dear god dont cheap out on brakes. There are other people on the road when your brakes may give out....

Comment

When I first bought my DD 90 EX 5spd it needed brakes. I was like, I'm just using it for driving to and from work, just highway stuff, nothing crazy.

Mistake I made was buying those 22 dollar valuecraft Autozone rotors. In LESS than 5k miles, the car shuddered under braking pretty bad. I replaced everything too, changed the pads with the duralast semi-metallics and put new wheel bearings in.

Didn't matter, the shit sucked after 5k miles and squealed like crazy.

So luckily for my coupe, I found some Legend 2 piston calipers and bought some premium wagon rotors. Took the old Vigor setup I had on my coupe (hawk hps pads and premium brake best rotors) and threw them on. Braking is much improved and no more shuddering. Plus they clear 15" stock EX wheels.

I was lucky to get my money back after 5k miles since the warranty was only good for 3 months and i had them on for about 6. But the parts sucked! so I took them back.

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Brembo Blanks, You'll have rotors for a good while there.
                JDM Parts for sale

Comment

went with these 6 years ago:

they weren't name brand..just an ebay special. they weren't the cheapo's though, but not as expensive as name brand

surprised me..no warping or shimmying after all this time.

cant say the same for ebay coilovers

but there are good deals out there and decent quality stuff...just do som researchin

-- Check out my CB -- My CRV blackhousing thread!!-- My CG coupe--

Comment

If I'm not mistaken brakes are the most important part of a vehicle. The brakes I saw on ebay with the link provided looked like sudden painful death. If you have kids don't let them ride in your car.

Comment

I dont understand why the rotors would warp in under 5k . Maybe you got a defective pair?? The valuecraps carry a one year warranty on the rotors I believe. And honestly I think the duralast are the same part just with a longer warranty but IDK.

Comment

blk93 your car is dope.

Comment

Valucrap is made from pig iron and the duralast is made from steel or better. Never ever cheap out on brakes

Rush

Originally posted by Darkcloud
                          Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
                          Originally posted by bmxicansd
                          so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

Comment

As Deevergote mention buy quality rotors for the front for performance and safety. It's a pain to replace those rotors, plus realignment is involved. I bought EBC rotors and had no problems.

Comment

Working...
                            X