What is normal high side and low side pressure readings for r134a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is normal high side and low side pressure readings for r134a

I am just curious as i got a chart for normal high side and low side port readings with ambient temperature. Here is link http://rechargeac.com/how-to/ac-system-pressure-chart. Does this apply to cb7's also. After i evacuate can i just charge freon in system till i get these readings?

Turn the AC on high at the coldest setting and add refrigerant till you get within spec.

Do it slowly cause if you overfill the system, the AC won’t be that cold at idle and will get colder only when RPM is up.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
      Turn the AC on high at the coldest setting and add refrigerant till you get within spec.

Do it slowly cause if you overfill the system, the AC won’t be that cold at idle and will get colder only when RPM is up.
      So that chart is good to go. Ignore the amount i put in from cans. As i put 3 cans in and pressure was still below on both sides at 40 low and 230 high side at 94 degrees about. I am still 50 in hg short. Should i just add a 4th can. That much can't be lost in bleed out or still in lines at end i am thinking. That tutorial though showed GUMMIEGORILLA using 4 cans.

Comment

Before you add more give it some rpm and see if it hits the mark

Comment

So i know altitude affects vacuum . Does it affect my pressure readings on ports? Am still wondering if i just add till my readings are right and what are the right readings it should be at 5000 feet high.

Comment

I thought when it was a little undercharged it acted like that. Not so cold at idle but colder as rpm's get up and compressor cycles more. If it was a little too much it would be good at idle but possibly cycling too much at upper rpm's and possibly warmer. Right?

Comment

Yes and no. Low will cause lines to freeze and rapid compressor engagement/disengagement.

Too little and the refrigerant will not actually condense.

Comment

Yes and no. Low will cause lines to freeze and rapid compressor engagement/disengagement.

Too little and the refrigerant will not actually condense.
                That's a lot too little right. I am talking about just maybe 3 or 4 ounces too little. Maybe compressor is meant to run all the time in hot day.

Comment

Working...
                X