Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not for nothing shits crazy not bad bro

Comment

So after some research that ks tuned balance eliminator kit is missing some major components. So i contacted them and they were kind enough to sell me the kit with out the block off plate being that i have it already. It saved me about 30 bucks. I also ordered the manual tension which goes in place of honda's failure prone auto tension. No conversion required it cost $125. All together with shipping $219

ile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2015-04-01-09-48-52.png.html][/URL]

I'm not sure if it comes with all those gaskets but that is on their website but i will see when it gets here. If it does they are excellent. I will update on the install. It requires me to remove the oil pan, oil pump housing,pick up, balance shafts, main bearing caps.
      Last edited by jaykilla116; 07-02-2015, 09:30 PM.
      a person who looks at somthing and see it as waste is no person at all but he who see what it could be will suceed
      out with the old and in with the new

Comment

sneaky success

Today was the highest temperature so far of 2015 With a high of 67 f. My woman said that i don't ever spend time with her. so i took her biking and left my other woman home (h22a)

When we got home i sneaked into the garage. I got some things done. I managed to install the cooling pipe & thermostat housing with 3 new oem o-rings. I installed the oil cooler with new o-ring & 2 new oil cooler hoses. I threaded a new heater hose pipe from honda due to heavy rust.
        I installed a new k & n oil filter from advance auto parts.
        i unmasked the intake manifold & idle control valve and set aside. I cleaned the throttle body also.

Last edited by jaykilla116; 07-02-2015, 09:32 PM.
        a person who looks at somthing and see it as waste is no person at all but he who see what it could be will suceed

Comment

my parts came in.

I received my shipment from ks tuned. The kit did not come with gaskets. So i bought a felpro front seal kit for 95 prelude vtec. The kit consist of front shaft seal, crankshaft seal, rear shaft , silicon ,sump seal, and 2 seals behind the oil pump housing.

TOOLS USED

Dead blow hammer
          Hand torch
          Torque wrench 1/2 at least 55ft lbs
          High temp thread lock red rated 450 f
          Razor blade
          Pry bar
          10mm socket
          12mm socket
          14 mm socket
          12 point 12mm socket
          Oil resistance silicone

I got caught up in the build process i forgot to take some great pics. Her is is a pic after the install.

Here is a link from ks tuned that shows the process of the install but i did it with the crank shaft in and my magnectic drain plug should catch the filings.
          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mKx9B8PSriU
          Last edited by jaykilla116; 04-06-2015, 10:29 PM.

Comment

I'm loving this thread.

This is a reminder to tell me I need to find a house with a serious garage.
            The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
              I'm loving this thread.

This is a reminder to tell me I need to find a house with a serious garage.
              yeah I'm lucky to have this garage it was never here when i was in high school. The the owner of the house had it built and lucky for me I'm the only one in the house that uses it .... the other peps just wanted storage.

but thanks man i really appreciate it. Keep watching.

Comment

new mail

I been waiting for this hondata thermal gasket to come in the mail its finally here! I will install it tomorrow

Today wasn't much. I just married the intake manifold to the head still waiting for throttle body gasket ... i took a tiny dremal wire wheel and went to work on that carbon build up on the exhaust ports and smoothed out some of the poor casting ridges along the way i set the engine stand on a tilt so the debris will fall out instead of them going into the engine .
                Last edited by jaykilla116; 07-02-2015, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Looking good dude!

It's threads like this that me wish I had more knowledge/skill/experience etc...
                  Originally posted by cb7dazz
                  And you're english is much better than some people on this board and it's their primary language.
                  Originally posted by Jarrett
                  ...for example

Comment

Originally posted by muhammedmian View Post
                    Looking good dude!

It's threads like this that me wish I had more knowledge/skill/experience etc...
                    my advice is research alot ask questions and be hands on

Comment

You probably already know this but just in case someone reading your post doesn't. Remember to re torque the intake manifold nuts after driving the car a little bit. After a few heat cycles the gasket will soften a little and settle it self a little thinner than the first time your torqued it down. You may notice when you go back to torque them down again, a few of nuts may only be hand tight.

Comment

new mail

the mail is here. I just received My skunk2 pro series thermal throttle body gasket ( 70mm). Also i was trying to save some cash i salvaged timing parts from the other h22 because i knew they were not that old, i might buy a new adjuster not sure yet. I also installed the proper post mount.

Next objective aem true cam gears.
                        Lol i just peeped that dirty oil pan.
                        The reason for that is when i did the balance kit i swapped pans the other aluminium pan had a oversize drain plug, that wouldn't allow me to use my blox magnetic drain plug. So i swapped will repaint it soon .
                        Last edited by jaykilla116; 04-09-2015, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tishock View Post
                          You probably already know this but just in case someone reading your post doesn't. Remember to re torque the intake manifold nuts after driving the car a little bit. After a few heat cycles the gasket will soften a little and settle it self a little thinner than the first time your torqued it down. You may notice when you go back to torque them down again, a few of nuts may only be hand tight.
                          good info, i definitely keep that in mind thanks

Comment

Can't help but ask, what's this for and do you need it?

That engine is looking nice btw.

“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.”
                            ― Jeremy Clarkson

Very first tear down and rebuild. vvv
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755

Current Build, F23 block F22b dohc head:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203144

Comment

Originally posted by Mishakol129 View Post
                              Can't help but ask, what's this for and do you need it?

That engine is looking nice btw.

that is a support bracket for the post mount it helps with lateral stress , from engine movement. I would leave it if u don't like how it look paint it or polish it. Timing cover will hide this also. Thanks for the complement.

Comment

sorry for the delay

Hey people!
                                Sorry for the delay. I had to pay bills and other things this week. I should be purchasing the aem tru cams 5bolts next week.
                                For those people who don't know i make videos and take pictures check my Honda day pics on IG @smoovmedia
                                And my Honda day film on youtube @ https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-LsARzsyYfs stay tuned.
                                Last edited by jaykilla116; 04-23-2015, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X