H22 SWAP: The Complete Parts List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by los170bx View Post
    ok umm i jst finished takin off my f22a yesterday.... i still havent bought the h22 yet i got a question i have my f22a harness untaped cuz im doing a wire tuck would the harness still work if i combine it with the h22 harness?? also can you help me out with my swap cuz i kno ill get lost in the wiring part.... also what type of h22 would be good for me to get?? usdm or jdm?? thanks in advance bro
    Your CB7 harness is the only one that matches the car's wiring correctly. the engine side of the harnesses are both very similar, it would probably be a lot more cutting and soldering, etc. to use much of the H-arness. I'm not familiar with the wire tucking technique yet, so I don't know how much of that you're already doing.
    The only real differences between US & JDM H22s..other than some compression and about 10hp...is the dizzy and the fuel rail. It is also worth noting that only the JDM P13 ECUs have a speed governor around 112mph, booo.
    Get whatever has the lowest mileage for the best price. Might be easier to find a JDM motor with at least a startup and maybe a 30 day warranty.
    I'll be glad to help with any wiring or other swap issues, don't worry about that.

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
    After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
    Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
    PM me and get it done right!

Comment

damn lucid your the man for this thread... 1 question about the manual tensioner conversion? does this apply to all h22's i need to take the cover off and see what i have lol

Ride List
      1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
      2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
      newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

Originally posted by blazenem View Post
        damn lucid your the man for this thread... 1 question about the manual tensioner conversion? does this apply to all h22's i need to take the cover off and see what i have lol
        Haha, thanks.
        As far as I know, all H22s have the autotensioner setup.

Comment

I'm in the process of getting all the necessary things needed to drop my h22 into my car. I can't wait. My car is sitting with the f-turd in it as we speak. Hasn't been driven in almost 2 weeks. I think my head gasket is shittin on me. Oh well, I've got an h22 sitting in a garage waiting to be put in. Aside from needing a few things that were broke in shipping, it'll be good to go. I hope to have it in by the end of the month.

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
            I'm in the process of getting all the necessary things needed to drop my h22 into my car. I can't wait. My car is sitting with the f-turd in it as we speak. Hasn't been driven in almost 2 weeks. I think my head gasket is shittin on me. Oh well, I've got an h22 sitting in a garage waiting to be put in. Aside from needing a few things that were broke in shipping, it'll be good to go. I hope to have it in by the end of the month.
            I'm in the same boat your in...getting all the wear and tear parts replaced

QUESTION: are all the belts the same between the h22 and h23?
            Reason I ask is because I afraid to get all h22vtec parts and none fits on my h23a vtec motor...

Comment

Originally posted by MyDianaZ06 View Post
              I'm in the same boat your in...getting all the wear and tear parts replaced

QUESTION: are all the belts the same between the h22 and h23?
              Reason I ask is because I afraid to get all h22vtec parts and none fits on my h23a vtec motor...
              I think the hybrid h23vtec and the stock one use the H23/F22 crankshaft, but the H22 timing gear and belt. I'd have to check my notes for building one. The H22 and H23 timing belts are not the same. The balance belt is the same for all the H and F (fwd) engines. The alt/ac & PS belts vary a little. Stock crankshaft pulleys may be different diameters between 2.2/2.3. I call it "playing match the belt" , it seems like I can never get the right one without going to the store at least twice. As long as it gets done right...eventually.

Comment

h23vtec uses all H22 parts. The difference is in the internals, for the most part. All timing belt components and seals are the same.

great write up man. I've been meaning to make one of these, but I'm just too lazy.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                  h23vtec uses all H22 parts. The difference is in the internals, for the most part. All timing belt components and seals are the same.

great write up man. I've been meaning to make one of these, but I'm just too lazy.
                  Thanks for the info, you saved me from looking up the H23vtec info and getting all excited about my slowest project ever, apparently it takes me more than 4 months to to do the valve-lapping and porting for one H22 head. Maybe I'm too busy typing all this and trying to avoid work.

I've been meaning to get my ECU tuned to run this built head, but my tuner friend got his stuff stolen and you're too far away!

Comment

Hey h23a vtec (bluetop) needs love too! lol alright I was wondering. like you said, lucid, ima get that done (timing belts and all) and out the way before I drop mines in.

btw I heard you need the bracket that goes through the belt cover to be swapped to the 94-96 prelude in order to yous your cb mounts when swapping a h23a vtec.

could be wrong i havent done mines yet. but two people that have done it said you need to so I guess you do

Comment

The mount bracket info sounds right, it's likely the mount for a 2000 accord wagon is a little different than our older stuff. Preludes should have the same part from 92-96, at least the dual cam models.
                      I think there is something different with the power steering pump/bracket on those engines as well (?)
                      All the H23a vtecs are auto trans, too, I think.
                      So do we know if a stock (OBDII, or OBDI with injector swap) MT H22 ECU will run that motor ok?
                      hmmm.

Comment

An H22 WILL run with OBD2 injectors on a p13 as long as you eliminate and do the required wiring to run obd2 injectors(they use different plugs and the resistor box needs to be eliminated).

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Thanks again, D112.
                          I'd imagine you can probably rewire your harness to use the OBDII dizzy as well. Even the OBDII JDM motors don't have the crank sensor on the timing side, it's in the dizzy like OBDI...The JDM OBDII diz I saw looked like the same number of wires as ours, just in a single plug instead of two.

I was rereading the first page, and here is the post about the H23V PS...and the clutch/flywheel since they all have flex plates for autos I'd imagine.

Originally posted by Loafer987 View Post
                          H23a vtec doesn't come with power steering so you have to add all h22 P/S parts and a flywheel. I know its not totaly H22 related but every piece of info helps! Your are very devoted to have spent all the time you probaly took on this!
                          Last edited by lucid; 04-29-2009, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lucid View Post
                            Thanks again, D112.
                            I'd imagine you can probably rewire your harness to use the OBDII dizzy as well. Even the OBDII JDM motors don't have the crank sensor on the timing side, it's in the dizzy like OBDI...The JDM OBDII diz I saw looked like the same number of wires as ours, just in a single plug instead of two.

I was rereading the first page, and here is the post about the H23V PS...and the clutch/flywheel since they all have flex plates for autos I'd imagine.
                            Originally posted by Loafer987 View Post
                            Pretty good post. I thought all 90-93 accords were obd1?? Otherwise looks good.

H23a vtec doesn't come with power steering so you have to add all h22 P/S parts and a flywheel. I know its not totaly H22 related but every piece of info helps! Your are very devoted to have spent all the time you probaly took on this!
                            YUP!!!!! Loafer987 also said this to me in a pm ( I asked what else is there to watch out in a h23a vtec (blutop) swap...this is him in his exact words...

Originally posted by Loafer987
                            The biggest problems I ran into are:
                            1. The Mounting bracket that goes through the timing cover HAS TO BE swapped to a prelude 92-96 one. Anything off an H23A non vtec or H22A will work.
                            2. The top half of the intake manifold must be changed. Any H23A non vtec or H22A vtec one will work get one with all the FITV IACV parts if possible.
                            The H23A throttle body does work perfectly if you want to use it.
                            3. The F22A distributor internals will fit inside the H23A Vtec distributor housing. Just take them apart and swap the internals(as long as yours are ok). If you have external coil distributor it'll be WAY easier to just swap a USDM H22A distributor. Or if you have an H23A non vtec distributor kicking around and an internal coil car just use that.

The rest of the swap was just a regular H22A swap basically. You will also need H22A OBD1 injectors and an OBD1 H22A P13 ECU other than that nothing really to it. I am still trying to find a prelude power steering line but I think i will give up and just look for different solution.
                            I personally got a chipped ecu from www.speedinnovations.com am yet to receive it(ordered it the other day for the h23a vtec), but even when I do I am still getting it tune at the shop I am taking mines to.

Comment

Definitely get tuned if you can. My basemap for my skunk2 cammed & built head runs my motor, but I run rich and know the motor's not reaching it's potential.

As far as the Prelude PS Hose goes, nobody give up, let me help..
                              Guess my link on page 1 doesn't go to the product page w/o logging in a vehicle?
                              Discontinued by Honda Dealer....
                              available at:

advanceautoparts.com
                              select vehicle-93 honda prelude vtec w/h22a1
                              select- "replacement parts" tab at top left
                              select- "power steering" section from column on left
                              select- "pressure hose"

Powercraft Power Steering Pressure Hose
                              Part No. 91750, pressure line assembly, lifetime warranty, $100.99 (as of today)

Comment

Would most of this info also apply to a h23a1 swap as well as the h22???
                                1992 Accord EX

Comment

Working...
                                X