No announcement yet.

blk91coupe : 1991 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's great to see this thing on the road again! Even if you still have a little bit more work in front of you. All in due time.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by DCB7 View Post
      ppreciate it man. I'm working on it
      Those black accord coupes tho, whew. Always nice (even the 5th gens)
      and you got yours set good too.
      That exhaust sound could be the resonator if its that bad
      The whole exhaust system is pretty new except the pipe between the muffler and the midpipe. The section right in front of the muffler is rusted through at the seam pretty bad.

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
      It's great to see this thing on the road again! Even if you still have a little bit more work in front of you. All in due time.
      Thanks Rilas, I've also been watching your thread. I admire all the work you're putting into that car. I wish I had the time and space to do that. Maybe someday.
      [/url]

Comment

Well, I have it back on the road. Although I'm pretty sure one of the new axles I bought is bad either that or the intermediate shaft. It has a clicking noise when turning to the right and and intermittent vibration that got worse after my trip back home. So I'll be trying to fix that this week.

Here's a couple pics from last night. The clear coat has seen better days and it is absolutely filthy from sitting all summer.

And the engine bay!

I'll have to update my mod list soon.
        [/url]

Comment

Awesome engine bay, clean H-swap.

That's where my coupe is destined for come springtime

Comment

Thanks Flip-eye! Good luck with the swap, the difference in power is awesome!

Unfortunately I think there might be an issue in the transmission. I'm worried it might be bearings or something. The noise and vibration is very intermittent and really develops after stepping on it hard and even sometimes not even stepping on it hard. When it occurs, the noise and vibration starts in the low rpms and stops between 3-4000 rpms under power. I put honda mtf in for fluid. It has the t2t4 transmission. I'm thinking about trying the amsoil synchromesh. Any ideas? I could try doing a video later but I'm not sure how much it will show up. I replaced the drivers side axle with another new one also.
            [/url]

Comment

Originally posted by blk91coupe View Post
              Well, I have it back on the road. Although I'm pretty sure one of the new axles I bought is bad either that or the intermediate shaft. It has a clicking noise when turning to the right and and intermittent vibration that got worse after my trip back home. So I'll be trying to fix that this week.

Here's a couple pics from last night. The clear coat has seen better days and it is absolutely filthy from sitting all summer.

And the engine bay!

I'll have to update my mod list soon.

Yep, this looks great!! How are you liking the added HP ?

Comment

Thanks Raf99! I lover the power! Unfortunately everytime I use the power the issue I mentioned in my last post comes back.

Speaking of that, I've taken it very easy the last couple of times I drove the car and the issue doesn't seem to happen when I do that. And I hurt my back at work today so I won't be able to work on it for at least a few days.
                [/url]

Comment

Ok so I took a couple of videos, not sure if anyone can tell anything from them but I thought I'd try to show you what's happening. And a new symptom came up. Even just rolling in town in neutral after I took these videos there was a high pitched squeaking that went away under braking. After the car sat for 20 minutes or so it all went away. Also the noise is different in the video more rattly than in person.

I'm not sure if those are working since I can't check with my phone so here are the links.

https://youtu.be/cSZUT6KQiLo

https://youtu.be/1jSGGYc0BDw
                  Last edited by blk91coupe; 10-14-2015, 10:16 PM.
                  [/url]

Comment

According to someone on FB that's had several of these transmissions it's the differential. It's always locked pretty much. Guess I'll be calling Hmotors tomorrow hopefully they'll help me out considering it has less than 400 miles on it and has made a weird vibration since I first drove it. If they don't help me out I'll be putting the f22 EX trans back in and saving for a rebuild and new diff.
                    [/url]

Comment

I talked to Steve at Hmotors today and it looks like if it is indeed the transmission that's the issue he'll take care of it. So he wants me to talk to the guys up at kaizenspeed and see if they'll check it out. Before I spend a bunch of money shipping it down to California.
                      [/url]

Comment

Just had a quick drive with Nick from Kaizenspeed he's pretty sure it's a motor mount or something of that sort. So I'll be checking this thing over soon for loose bolts and such. Hope that's all that it is.
                        [/url]

Comment

Pretty sure I found the source my noise. I can see where the header has been hitting the crossmember. So next chance I get out goes the down pipe and I'll grind away some more of the crossmember.
                          [/url]

Comment

What header are you running? Which mounts did you use?

Bet your glad it didn't turn out to be a trans issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip-Eye View Post
                              What header are you running? Which mounts did you use?

Bet your glad it didn't turn out to be a trans issue.
                              I'm using a 92-96 prelude h22 obx header and using all the accord mounts.

Yeah it's a huge relief!
                              [/url]

Comment

Well guys my car is down and probably won't be put back the same again. My T2T4 transmission went out yesterday. I was driving down the highway and it started to have a weird vibration so I was driving it very carefully and all of the sudden it was like it was in neutral when it was in gear. The passengers side cv axle popped out, I got it popped back in at the side of the road and drove it super carefully up to speed and it almost immediately popped out again. I'm pretty disappointed but big changes are coming to my life this year and I am going to have to get something more practical anyways. So I will put my EX trans back in it and drive it like that for a while. I'm hoping to get the T2T4 transmission replaced anyways but we'll see what happens with that.
                                [/url]

Comment

Working...
                                X