Day time running lights questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day time running lights questions

If a CB Accord comes factory with drl headlights, what bulb is used? Is the drl in the high beam side of the headlight or low beam side?
    Now can an H4 dual filament bulb be fitted into the 9005 high beam side then a splitter from the h4 bulb to 9005 and 9006. Plug the 9005 into the factory accord harness and the 9006 end can be controlled by a drl harness or some home built harness to control the drl (the other filament on the H4)? I wonder if the H4 can even be clocked right to work in the CB brights housing.
    5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
    If a CB Accord comes factory with drl headlights, what bulb is used? Is the drl in the high beam side of the headlight or low beam side?
    Now can an H4 dual filament bulb be fitted into the 9005 high beam side then a splitter from the h4 bulb to 9005 and 9006. Plug the 9005 into the factory accord harness and the 9006 end can be controlled by a drl harness or some home built harness to control the drl (the other filament on the H4)? I wonder if the H4 can even be clocked right to work in the CB brights housing.
    The DRL bulb is the high beam and uses 25% of the bulb intensity. It comes on when you let the e-brake off. You wouldn't be able to "control" the DRL module in the sense you noted but rather you'd just pull the module and control it your own way. It also uses the same wire and bulb as the "high beam".

On this page we use the one on the left, a non-dual bulb which just runs at lower power for the DRL. The problem with the H4 dual filament is that it's meant for vehicles where the low and high beam are one bulb. Either way to produce the goal you want just wire it in. (or out, or whatever).

Comment

Ah I see. It’s like my old IS300 Lexus. 9005 hi’s 9006 lows but the 9005 had relays and a resistor I think to control the lower powered drl. I have the relays etc cut from a junked IS300. I was going to try and retrofit it into my CB lights but I’m not that hip to the control of these lights yet. Maybe If I studied an IS diagram.

~Mark~

Comment

I also am not looking to go hid or led on my hi beam side. So a standard h4 was what I was thinking. I’ll pull up the pieces I was thinking of using to do this after work.

~Mark~

Comment

Raf99:
          If I used the stock 9005 how would I run it at a lower power?

~Mark~

Comment

Raf99:
            If I used the stock 9005 how would I run it at a lower power?
            You would need to intercept the DRL module and splice into the wire that goes to the high beam. BUT... you'll want to do some in-depth research in your manual on the physical connections here. I'm not sure if the high beam power goes through the same DRL module. If so the wire you splice in will simply do what the high beam does now.

I would look but don't want to do all the work for ya

Comment

It’s all good. First of all the car needs a drl module to splice into. I don’t think all CB Accords are equipped factory with them- or do they?? Lol. One of those Hamsar units would work but the right one to use is hard to find now.

~Mark~

Comment

It’s all good. First of all the car needs a drl module to splice into. I don’t think all CB Accords are equipped factory with them- or do they?? Lol. One of those Hamsar units would work but the right one to use is hard to find now.
                Yaaa, you wouldn't even have the module. I imagine the wiring harness for all the wiring is different too. But that's a win/win as now you can just wire in whatever you want to do.

Comment

Working...
                X