Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car dosn't like to start after driving (flooding?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FNEG View Post
    the relay controlls the power going to the fuel pump so if the relay is working then your fuel pump is fine and not worth investigating
    what i am saying is a relay is like a light switch when the light is on the conact is close when it is off the the contact is open. so if the car is off and you know the relay is good they it is the wires that feed the relay is where your problem will be in the ignition or ecu as for the others in this forum i would start to look at your main relay it sounds like the conact getts suck closed allowing power to go to your fuel pump which will flood your motor causing the problem people are having in this thread.
    I agree with the main relay theory...but I am not sure this is a great explanation. The main relay is actually a set of two relays. One relay is energized when the key is turned to the "On" position and sends power to the ECU, Injectors, and the second relay. The second relay is turned on for only 2 secs to energize the fuel pump for starting and then provides continuous power to fuel pump once started...
    "I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think I can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy." --President John F. Kennedy

ASE Master Automotive Technician
    ASE Master Med/Heavy Truck Technician
    US Navy Electrician
    Contact me if you need help on the side.
    '92 Accord DX (For Sale)
    '01 Civic LX
    '00 Tahoe

Greatest Rally Video Ever

Comment

When it happens you have to check for Spark and Fuel.

I'd say its probably ignition related.

My car after its been started once in the day, all i have to do is like blip the starter and it goes
      wat?

Comment

I had this problem and the solution after much research and hair pulling is:

Replacing the MAIN RELAY, the solders on it might be going bad. You can probably get one for 60 bucks at the honda dealership or if you are a bit more adventurous than I, you can take out the main relay- take out the bad solders and resolder it and it should work.

The problem is when the compartment gets heated, the solders on the main relay expand ergo resulting in some stuff that does not want to turn over, by fixing this problem- you should be all set.

Hope this helps.

PROJECT: EIEN (Eternity, Endless) in progress...

"What's the point of a race?- Just means you're faster...that's all. If I have to race, it should be for something important..."

"What Is A Man Who Cannot Prosper and Better What He Owns?"

Comment

Originally posted by drkshdw107 View Post
          I agree with the main relay theory...but I am not sure this is a great explanation. The main relay is actually a set of two relays. One relay is energized when the key is turned to the "On" position and sends power to the ECU, Injectors, and the second relay. The second relay is turned on for only 2 secs to energize the fuel pump for starting and then provides continuous power to fuel pump once started...
          you are right i was tring to explain the basics a a relay and how it works i didn't really want to go into the two pole and all that because for some relays are confusing

Comment

I can hear my fuel pump pumping (the buzzing sound) for a few seconds when i turn the key on the on position but not start it. I tested this problem twice today and it happend once out of the three times i tried. Was on my way to work and i purposely shut my car off after like half mile and went to restart it and it just bogged down and i had to wait 2-3 minutes. Got to work 9 miles later, shut it off, started it and it started fine. Same thing after i got home from work, started it back up after 10 miles and it was fine. It almost seems random but i don't like it. Within the past 2 months ive replaced igniter, sparkplugs, new bosch wires, dizzy cap and rotor. When it dosnt start i crank it and then smell for fuel in the intake (short ram) but can't smell anything. If it gets worse or keeps doing it bad enough i will shoot for the main relay. I didnt know this was happening to this many people, sounds like an epedemic to me...

Mu car has also been doing a weird sputtering thing. ONLY after its warmed up, under lower rpm's when my gas pedal is like 1/8 of the way down or just a little more pressure needed to move, it will sputter and hesitate untill i give it a little more gas. When it sputters, it mostly holds its speed and dosn't move. Performance is still great and everywhere around the weird sputter spot is golden... It seems to be a mystery. Its been happening a good month or two.

Comment

man im so glad this is up i am having the same problem my car starts right up in the mawning then i drive to school 20 mins away and get out for a hour class. then go back and 2-3 mins of cranking. it catchs the idle then dies and its not cool so now i park in thr back so no one hears my cries(especially the gurls) lol but i changed my rotor button, dizzy cap and it did fine for like a week then now back at square one. im gonna put a walbro fuel pump in toma and change the relays and pray it works cause it frustrating. but im glad to c im not the only one havn that problem(dont mean it in a negative way) and im glad for the help

Comment

Ya, there are several people having this problem. I'll probly try the main relay 1st though...
                Last edited by eazyduzit509; 04-17-2009, 01:52 AM.

Comment

man so glad to see its not just my cb..no offense.....but ive checked the main relay and the fuel punp,injectors,ignition....etc...but its been doing this for about 8 months now and its really starting ot piss me off.....i can go out in the morning and its fine but if i shut it off for like an hour it just cranks and every once in a while it will cough like its gonna start and i give it gas and all i hear is my intake and then it dies again.....if its not any of these things listed in this thread what could it be......someone please help!!!!!!!!!
                  IM IN LOVE WITH A CAR..IS THAT WRONG?

MY MR THREAD
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=132771

Comment

Im with ya man, just not sure... This threads starting to pick up like the erratic idle thread. Once you post it, everyone has the same problem, hope we don't see 15 of the these threads though.

Comment

normally i would agree with all the main relay theories except for the fact that ive replaced mine and the car did the same thing.

the car hasnt done it in quite a while so at the moment i cant really worry about it.

until it more consistantly occurs and i have diagnostic tools nearby there isnt a whole lot i can do. and i cant afford to just throw a bunch of parts at my car if they dont need to be replaced.

thread subscribed for impending breakdown

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

SAME problem

i used to have the same problem on my 89 accord it turned out to be the choke i had it replaced and that helped out alot but mine was carbed!

!!!GET LOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Roque View Post
                          i used to have the same problem on my 89 accord it turned out to be the choke i had it replaced and that helped out alot but mine was carbed!
                          Haha, ya that dosnt help me much. But thanks man.

Comment

Mine did that a couple of times to, it stopped all of a sudden so I never worried about it.

Comment

Working...
                            X