• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aero: 1997 Jeep Cherokee 4x4

Well, here is my other ride.

1997 Cherokee
    4.0L I-6
    4x4 (not currently.. needs a front driveshaft)
    NP242 x-fer case
    Auto

I purchased it pretty much as it is before a LOT of cleaning up. It needed a transfer case, shocks, and driveshaft to run.

I also ripped out the sub and amp it had in it (rats nest/fire hazard).
    Tore out CB radio/wiring to the lights on the rack (rats nest).
    Cleaned it up, added the fender flares.
    Modified the doors do be 'quick release' for free a/c

Plans

Not too many now since I have the accord and this... I do plan on making a relay/fuse box for inside the cab for the lights on the rack, future lights, and the cb radio instead of having wires all over the place.
    Also want to get a front driveshaft so its 4wd again...

nice jeep, i used to have an 84, looked a lot like this one but mine was a 2 door.
    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

I absolutly love the XJs!!! my dad has a 92, its got 350 000ish kms and still running! Ive always wanted to take it as a project car to work on...

keep us updated man!! looks awesome so far

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
      be risky, be smart, and most of all be creative!

Comment

i want to see you jump the shit out of it.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
        Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
        NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

how many cars do you own?

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
          2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Originally posted by vietkid_2006 View Post
            how many cars do you own?
            The 95 Accord is my ... 10th vehicle I have had since I started driving (8 years). Within the last month I have had four (02 4runner, 98 Cherokee, 97 Cherokee, 95 Accord), but currently just have the 98 Cherokee and 95 Accord, and it'll hopefully just be them for a little while.

I get bored quickly if you cant tell. And if I get a chance to trade for a nice older 4wd toyota pickup for the Jeep, that'll probably happen

And any mods from here on out on either will be small cheap mods. Only thing for the jeep in the near future will be wiring up the lights the correct way, and getting the 4wd back working.

Comment

Saw a similar sticker like this quite a while ago...

Was bored over the weekend, and decided I wanted to put it on mine also. We'll see how the rain does with it, they are some create your own bumper sticker sheets from office max, and jus printed off on the computer.

Comment

^^^ LOL!!!! I love it!!!!

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

since it does look a bit funky w/o doors... I found a picture of some that I am going to see if I can have fabbed up.

Not sure if I would paint them black or white, but we'll see.

Comment

I personally think black would look great.

Comment

Originally posted by npor View Post
                      I personally think black would look great.
                      Yeah.... priced them bishes out, and from the company that makes them, they are about $150/door... so $600.

So thats out the window for now. (having a shop fab them up would be about the same).

So I'll just maybe get ahold of an extra door and chop it up, or get a welder and figure something out.

For now I just need to get an alignment since I tore up a tire with a messed up alignment And keep hoping and praying that the sound in the engine bay is from a rocker and not from the bottom of the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by aero View Post
                        The 95 Accord is my ... 10th vehicle I have had since I started driving (8 years). Within the last month I have had four (02 4runner, 98 Cherokee, 97 Cherokee, 95 Accord), but currently just have the 98 Cherokee and 95 Accord, and it'll hopefully just be them for a little while.

I get bored quickly if you cant tell. And if I get a chance to trade for a nice older 4wd toyota pickup for the Jeep, that'll probably happen

And any mods from here on out on either will be small cheap mods. Only thing for the jeep in the near future will be wiring up the lights the correct way, and getting the 4wd back working.
                        when i was looking for my first car i wanted a 4x4 Toyota Pickup/tacoma V6 5speed. that or my Cb7.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                        1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                        1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                        2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Working...
                        X