No announcement yet.

H311RA151N : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for sharing that list of items. I've actually saved that exact exhaust setup in my amazon wish list (with a CARB compliant direct fit cat which is more expensive).

Keep up this kind of attention and it'll defnitely surpass another 100K.
    1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
      What's funny about this car, is you're replacing most of the stuff I have replaced on mine. (or am in the process of replacing)

Also, great choice on exhaust. I have a friend that has it on his sedan, it sounds really nice. It's deep sounding, and not excessively loud. He's had it on his car for at least a couple years, not a single problem.
      I figured it wasn't too expensive considering the price of a complete replacement factory exhaust system. And a little power increase over the A1 will be nice too. Not to mention longevity, quality and no leaks.

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
      Thanks for sharing that list of items. I've actually saved that exact exhaust setup in my amazon wish list (with a CARB compliant direct fit cat which is more expensive).

Keep up this kind of attention and it'll defnitely surpass another 100K.
      Of course. And that's what I'm shooting for!

Comment

I'm in the process of setting the valve lash. But it started sprinkling on me. Waiting for it to clear up weather wise. Put the VC back on until it does. Worse case scenario I finish it tomorrow.

Also working with the heat shield for the alternator as can be seen. It's been rattling a bit sometimes or I suspect it of doing so anyhow. Probably caused when I changed the alternator about 8 or so months back.

Comment

I resealed the OEM valve cover gasket that was on it and sealed it back up with four spots of Hondabond in the appropriate locations.

I found out that the lower tube seals are starting to seep. Not to be unexpected at 186k.

The issue is... I don't have a torque wrench. So... I'm in the market for a torque wrench.

I have the lower tube seals. They came with the Fel Pro gasket set. I think I'm going to opt for OEM though.

And because I have to replace the lower tube seals there is no need to set the valve lash. That's why I buttoned it back up.

I want a really nice digital torque wrench. My budget is about $150.

Comment

The exhaust leak, somewhere near the catalytic converter has been getting worse. As can be seen previously in this thread I replaced the downpipe about a year ago with a Bosal unit. It sounds like the leaking is coming from behind the downpipe. So...

I just purchased a Yonaka catback exhaust system and a Magnaflow direct fit catalytic converter. Spent just north of $400 for both. Which frankly, is a lot.

I've never owned either before so it will be interesting to see the quality of the pieces and the sound afterward. But, I'm doing this for maintenance reasons and I'm not interested in performance gains. The stainless should last a good while and the whole exhaust system will be new.

Comment

The bolt in Magnaflow cat is a nice piece. You should at least be happy with that piece of the puzzle. I have no experience though with the Yonaka.
              MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Ok cool. Thanks for that. I don't have a lot of time to work on anything and figured the Magnaflow was the best option with that in mind.

The catback I've heard good things about. I'm hoping for correct hangers, nice welds, thick flanges and acceptable gaskets.

I will post up when they arrive.

Comment

Magnaflow direct fit catalytic converter arrived today. Very pleased with the quality. Came with both gaskets.

Yonaka catback is on it's way and scheduled for delivery the 20th.

Comment

That does look like a well manufactured component.

Comment

The gas leak is probably going to be a bad seal or rusted lines where the connections are for the top of the tank. And the lines and fittings back there you probably can't buy anymore. If the car is really rusted back there you'll be looking at new tank straps and a whole lot more. May want to look into it yourself...

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                        The gas leak is probably going to be a bad seal or rusted lines where the connections are for the top of the tank. And the lines and fittings back there you probably can't buy anymore. If the car is really rusted back there you'll be looking at new tank straps and a whole lot more. May want to look into it yourself...
                        If the leak its coming from the line itself, what I would do is replace the whole fuel line system with the new stuff that is used for E85; not only would it be cheaper than custom making stuff but you can do it yourself too. I am considering doing this myself since i will de dropping the tank to install an access door right above the fuel sending unit to aid in replacements and since there is already a hole there on mine and i will only be sealing the access of water to my trunk.
                        [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

A Dorman fuel tank with gaskets and hardware and a pair of Dorman straps are $160 combined. If it needs it I'll do that in a heartbeat. That doesn't really bother me.

The fuel lines from filter to the driver side rear wheel area are in good condition as they aren't as exposed to the elements. I verified that much. It's leaking from on top of the tank. The lines in that location are fairly rusty. But the rest of the lines throughout the car are ok.

I will know more this week when I drop the tank. I also plan to cut an access panel for the fuel pump while the tank is out.

Comment

It's possible to cut away the damaged end and add a new flare fitting and then run a short AN line to the pump. If the fuel tank is out, that'll make it much easier to perform. An access panel would definitely be awesome, too bad Honda didn't provide one to begin with.

Comment

I had a chance to inspect the fuel lines and was able to temporarily mend the pin holed line.

A new fuel line from Honda is needed. I will let the pictures explain the scenario. The tank is shot, as are portions of other lines in the vicinity.

The temporary fix was a length of fuel injection hose spliced into the steel section as can be seen. The metal is so pitted that getting a good seal was difficult even after vigorous cleaning. It was spraying fuel before as can be seen. Now it drips a drop of fuel every 30 seconds or so. So this is a big improvement.

First I took emery paper to the line. Then I cut the line right at the pin hole and took the rough edges down. The pump side only had enough space for one fuel injection hose clamp however it doesn't leak a bit. The other side seeps fuel and has two fuel injection clamps. Despite having more material in terms of length and having enough area to put two clamps on.

I will be purchasing the OEM fuel line soon. This fix is only temporary.

Comment

Yonaka catback came in today. Very pleased. I've haven't bought a "high end" or "non-cheap" exhaust system in 10 years. This is what you pay for. I'm happy with it.

I was worried when I seen the box. I bought it off Amazon for $269.00 free shipping. Came from Canada.

Immediately after opening. Not bad. Looks like it rode alright.

Some of the free stuff that came with it. Impressive. And judging by this I'm thinking it shipped directly from the manufacturer, Yonaka. GF will take the shirt I'm sure.

The first time in my life I bought an exhaust system and the muffler wasn't caved in or dented.

So that's my experience with Yonaka thus far. I'm impressed. I don't buy things like this much. I typically piece my exhaust systems together myself using a cheap eBay catback for it's piping. But this is impressive.

I will update with the installation. Possibly tomorrow. We'll see.

Comment

Working...
                                X