No announcement yet.

Failed CA Smog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well NOx is there from higher exhaust temperatures. So make sure you’re cooling system is functioning cause that’s bad in itself. Make sure the EGR system is functioning. if that doesn’t fix it, the catalyst may need replacement.

You’re test is twice the max amount, so I’d bet the cat is in need of replacement.

If you want, you can try an oil change, retard the timing, and clean your EGR valve & passages.

Remember if you’re lowering NOx, the others will rise.

Comment

you still have 2% o2 in your system. are there exhaust leaks before the cat? if not then the cat might not be efficient
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Im still dealing with this issue, paid my dmv fees back in November but have not taken it to get smog. I have been cited my my local parking enforcement with a fix tickets. The bastards.
        Anyways, I have swap out my EGR Valve, tune up. Im researching my old post in here to try try to help my self deal with old issue that keeps popping every other year. Sucks!

Comment

is there still o2 in the exhaust? those are potential exhaust leaks or the cat is too inefficient
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
          X