Frankenstein lives!! H23VTEC headswap complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frankenstein lives!! H23VTEC headswap complete

OK, for all those who said it wasn't worth it, can't compete with an h22, and those who do it only do it cause they can...welll....I felt it was worth it, it can compete with an h22, and YES, I did it because I can. Ok...ok...I actually did it because my timing belt broke. I happened to have a jdm h22 head lying around so I figured why not.

H2s Vtec swap onto h23 block is complete. Pics will be up soon as well as a parts list of what was done and what was needed. I still have some things I need to work out since I am throwing some cels, but car runs smooth.

Props go to MRX for tuning, Jess for cartin' my ass around, Ivie for putting up with Carlos dealing with my project, Willy and Juan for really assisting in the headwork and installation, and most of all Wikked who assisted me throughout the entire buildup from getting parts, to doing the swap to just making things look pretty. Thanks again guys, couldn't have done it without you!!
    "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

send me everything including DIY and pics to my PM pleeeeeeeease..... i have a full h23 swap and i am getting the head shortly...... -justin-

MY SH!T FOR SALE!

H23A1 (60,000 miles)
    tranny (no grinds)
    ECU
    DC header w/ heat wrap
    full exhaust with angled N1 Canister....
    $1000 obo delivered

SOLD!

Comment

lol.. all for the love... throughout a timespan of 3 weeks i put up with my family wanting to kick me out over this( something adam didnt know until he reads this) my gf almost leaving me.. and far most.. just drama.. in every aspect.. was it worth it? yes/no.. there will be another cb7tuner member that will get the WIKKED treatment very soon.. but i wont be as attached to his car as i was to adam's... anycase.. ill post pictures and mods list soon..

btw.. there still a few crimlins left to work out.. for example.. no vtec.. even so.. i got 10 buxs says this car takes a h22a prelude..

me after a realllly long day. working on the head...still had energy to getting on aim/cb7
      Last edited by WiKKeDV16; 03-14-2005, 05:02 PM.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

wow, never saw anything like this happen before, what a surprise

i cant wait to see this beast in person
        Last edited by TEckert; 03-04-2005, 12:05 AM.
        Nighthawk Black Pearl ES1

Comment

everyone always talked shit about ACTUALLY doing it, and you actually DID it. Get some slips when you can. btw, great initiative.
          My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

thats cool man. you guys should do a video racing a H22 Accord

Comment

Mods list
              H23a swap 99' (stock bottom end)

thats where the stockness ends....

Wikked list:

-h22a jdm head-
              !Wikked blue painted valvecover/straight cut for cam gears!
              ported and polished
              port matched intake manifold
              port matched exhaust manifold
              total rebuild
              ported out intake manifold

bolt on goodies
              skunk2 red cam gears
              Generic Cold Air Intake
              Ex Employee of Dc sports S.S h23/vtec header.. h22a top/accord cat flange
              Tanabe Hyper Medallion Exhaust
              stock cat

Fuel Management:
              P06 chipped ecu/vtec conversion Mrx Basemap(which i believe is infact bustedlxs basemap)

maintenance:
              replaced:
              intake manifold gaskets
              spark plug tube seals
              v/c gakset
              cam seals
              timing belt
              balancer shaft belt
              assortment of seals/Orings
              water pump
              BRAND SPANKING NEW VTEC Solenoid lol (god the price of this hurt)

how is she running: flawless adam got about 300mpg from FL to GA shes running rich.. but like i mentioned shes on a basemap and with the CEL light on for tps and Vtec once thats all worked out and shes tuned.. it will run like a bat out of hell..

i personally got to start the car initially.. started first try.. shes quiet as hell at idle..the tanabe hyper medallion isnt even noticeable at idle

willys brother peeked into the drivers side window and looked at me and said "wait... its on"?! " i nod" he replies with "damn that things quiet"

all and all.. it was great fun.. i met two wonderful ppl and will be seeing them again (this isnt the end of this project)
              Last edited by WiKKeDV16; 03-04-2005, 12:45 AM.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Congrats on seeing that its done. Im finally done with my problems for a while, knock on wood. Sux that I couldnt come and help. Maybe next time. But looks great, cant wait to see and meet you guys at the nashville meet... or on the way to it.

Comment

lol wow.. thats pretty crazy.. congrats man..
                  f22a-h23 lol then h23-h22a..jeebus ur insane
                  1st Car 1990 Accord Ex-R*Dead // Tow Truck
                  2nd Car 1992 Integra Gs*Dead // Tree//Water
                  3rd Car 1992 Accord Ex-R // Keepin For EVER!!

Comment

u talking to me?? l i think ur talking to h23accord? ol.. meh.. give me a month and ull see another one of my creations...

"gives u the crazy look"

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

thats f'in sweet man.

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
                        u talking to me?? l i think ur talking to h23accord? ol.. meh.. give me a month and ull see another one of my creations...

"gives u the crazy look"
                        lol U ARE RICE..tee hee tee hee.. yea i got mixed up lmao... i dunno how.. jeeze.. ne wais.. first its to u mr wikked.. kuz thats allota time and work so props.. id like u to teach me ur ways.. swap brains like u did ur engines?
                        im pretty smart u know.. lol...
                        and yea also to h23.. ur cool

yea im as confused as whoever reads this also..
                        1st Car 1990 Accord Ex-R*Dead // Tow Truck
                        2nd Car 1992 Integra Gs*Dead // Tree//Water
                        3rd Car 1992 Accord Ex-R // Keepin For EVER!!

Comment

so much to think about when i have a h22 head in my back yard. hmmm. lol its all good i like how this came out. if i ever found a h23 block i would like to mate it. but since i just want to work on my real h22 and car. i dont have time for it.

but its great that it works. well for the vtec hopefully it gets working soon
                          congrats. get some clearer pics so we can see!!!!!!

mauricio

Comment

good to see this swap is up and running. props to the fellaz who pulled thru for this
                            5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                            JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Can I Throw A H22 Head On My F22b Block

I Wanna Do This!!!!!!
                              THIS ONE HERE IS CRACK!!

Comment

Working...
                              X