Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

what seats should i get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what seats should i get

ok so my 93 sir currently has no seats it it..... it is a coupe.... i wanna go with darker seats like charcoal gray which 97-01 prelude have and i want front and back to match... so heres my question for anyone who has done it.... what has to be dont for the seats to fit??? swap rails sliders weld??? ive seen one or 2 cb7s with these seats just don't know what had to be done to make them fit.... i do currently have a set of front dark grey leather seats out of an 02 accord v6 had to swip swap and weld to bolt them in... but any input would be greatly appreciated....

S2000 black leather ... do it!

All seats will need modification.

Comment

You will need to cut and weld the slider brackets to fit most other seats. Some seats will not fit due to their overall size (mainly width). Anything with electric power will take some wiring.

It would probably be only slightly more expensive to simply have your seats reupholstered. Not to mention it'll be safer than rigging up a seat from another car, and the seat design will actually flow with the car's interior. You can beef up the side bolsters if you want more support.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        You can beef up the side bolsters if you want more support.
        I never thought of that! I have a set of Prelude buckets I was considering covering in tan leather, but you make a good point and I can have my OEM seats improved for near the same cost and no custom mounting.

Thanks DEEV!

Comment

You will need to cut and weld the slider brackets to fit most other seats. Some seats will not fit due to their overall size (mainly width). Anything with electric power will take some wiring.

It would probably be only slightly more expensive to simply have your seats reupholstered. Not to mention it'll be safer than rigging up a seat from another car, and the seat design will actually flow with the car's interior. You can beef up the side bolsters if you want more support.
          Speaking of reupholstering, has anyone you know of used either of these?
          http://www.tasauto.com/Product/Detail.aspx?s=3360312

Comment

Link goes to a non-existent item. At least it's free!

Comment

It keeps doing that when i try to copy and paste the URL.

Anyways, its the Leather and Vinyl Upholstery kits that T.A.S. sells.
              Last edited by H311RA151N; 11-01-2012, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Yeah, they don't like links directly to their products, it seems.

IMO, TAS sells garbage. They've gotten worse, and they've basically abandoned this community, violating the agreement we had made previously. I'm not a fan of the company. The banner is only there at the top because I can't remember where the code is to remove it!

Comment

In that case who cares if their upholstery kits are worth a damn.

Im glad you passed on that bit of information to me.

Comment

Personally I just started researching costs for reupholster work for my leathers.

Full custom job runs about $1500 in my area (front and rear seats only).
                    If they use a Katzkin kit it will cost $1200.
                    I can just buy the Katzkin kit myself and do it for around $850 and install it myself.

Good deal, would love to keep OEM leather but it is just falling apart and the foam padding is worn.

I assume just about any shaped foam padding will work? I would really like to make the seats more form fitting to my skinny butt.

^ I <3 these Katzkin kits!
                    Last edited by wildBill83; 11-01-2012, 03:56 PM.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20158

Comment

I don't believe any of those seats fit without modification to the rails, though. Even the Prelude seats don't fit perfectly. AccordWarrior had them, and if I recall, he said the back/forth motion was seriously compromised (and he's a tall dude, so that wasn't a good thing.) He still kept them and liked them, but they didn't offer the same features as stock (either in the Accord or in the Prelude.)

Another option is to get a set of aftermarket seats. Corbeau A4s are fairly inexpensive, and with the proper rails, can be made to fit the CB7 properly.

Comment

Aren't the 2003ish WRX STi front buckets a straight bolt in? I'm pretty sure someone, somewhere on here has said that.

Comment

I don't believe any of those seats fit without modification to the rails, though. Even the Prelude seats don't fit perfectly. AccordWarrior had them, and if I recall, he said the back/forth motion was seriously compromised (and he's a tall dude, so that wasn't a good thing.) He still kept them and liked them, but they didn't offer the same features as stock (either in the Accord or in the Prelude.)

Another option is to get a set of aftermarket seats. Corbeau A4s are fairly inexpensive, and with the proper rails, can be made to fit the CB7 properly.
                            Mike's seats have been in my car for about 5 years

But yea the only thing they dont do is fold forward for people to get into the back. Not a problem for a 4 door or my coupe (cage harness bar stops them anyway).

They could recline as much as a stock seat if the bar wasnt there
                            Last edited by 93accordexcoupe; 11-01-2012, 08:37 PM.

Comment

I love the way that the 4th gen Prelude seats look and function. Want to get a pair from a CB7 owner who is selling them near by It was hard to find a set in decent condition and matching the upholstery color.
                              I ive heard the complaints about the adjusting but im not exactly too tall (5'9"ish)

Last edited by Ctgearhead; 11-05-2012, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X