Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Are CB's worth modding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well worth it.

Comment

Whether or not it is worth it to mod your car is up to you to decide. I have no regrets modding mine. I got my cb when i was 16, payed $1000 for it, since then I have put easily 5 times that amout back into the car, mainly cause of the motor I built and swapped into it, and I too have parents that hate that I spend all this money on a 21 year old car. The thing is that when im all said and done i will have a brand new car, mechanically meaning, on a body style that i love.
      In my opinoin I will never get rid of my cb, if I wreck it... well thats when I find a new body and transfer parts...
      BTW 160K on the motor is barely broken in, mine went to 290K before it gave out

If at first you don't suceed, then skydiving is not for you.

I try not to down talk anyone, when I read my old questions I realize I was an idiot too.

Comment

New desktop background!!!!
        And as for your question, that picture speaks a thousand words.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

Look how clean they can turn out.

Comment

It takes a lot of money and a lot of time. If you want a modded car, a "tuner", it will cost money. A cb is a great chassis for a teen or young kid who doesn't have much money or that just wants a reliable daily driver with power. In the long run, it's front wheel drive, you probably won't run 10's at a drag strip, and it isn't the most agile Honda. That would be more of the Integra/S2000/NSX. For me, personally, I was having doubts about putting money into my cb. I needs paint, body work, new seats and carpet, and the auto f22a6 has 300k miles. But, I realized that I would only want another Honda as a daily driven car, and wen I got it, I would get one with plans to modify it. So, I'm keeping my cb, and I've actually got Function and Form type 1 coilovers and a full set of bushings coming in today. I would tell you to stick around the forums and look at different cb's. I would also say look at other Honda's/car you like and read up about them. It's your decision, but once you've started putting money in it, I would have a plan. You don't want to waste money, unless you've got plenty of it.
            Originally posted by Quashish
            hahaha

noobs be like where to be buying hella flush yo?

Comment

Is it worth it to you?

If you like the car and want to like it more then its worth it. There's a satisfaction that comes from modding your car, when you walk out of your house and you feel proud and say "I did that".

If its not worth it to you and you want to run the car until the wheels fall off there's nothing wrong with that either, you have to do things for your own satisfaction not to anyone elses.
              1993 Accord EX
              2011 Subaru STi

Comment

"Is a cb7 worth modding"? It really actually depends. This is me. My cb7 coupe is my baby. Shes been part of the family for 6 years now. She has her faults but you get that with old cars. My "mods" are more of a " bringing the car to this century kind of thing. New motor, better suspension, alot better stopping power. Those kind of things. Out of all my cars, my cb has been the most dependable car I have ever owned. The question " Is a cb7 worth modding ", is a very broad question not very direct. It really comes down to you and your pockets. A little maintenceand modern technology will make your cb as good as any 2010-2013 car out there. So, "Is the cb7 worth modding"? Eff yes!!!
                I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
                Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                My coupe!!!
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
                Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

if you have to ask if a certain car is worth modding then it really isnt worth modding to you because you're not sure if you should.

IMO no car is worth modding. if you are a true car enthusiast you would mod what ever car you want, regardless of make, model, and year. i personally have modded every single car i've owned in the past. if i had a kia rio i would mod that too (true story). it is all up to the owner of the vehicle if they want to spend $$ towards an old car, new car, unpopular car, rare car, etc
                  FRIENDS
                  DONT LET
                  FRIENDS
                  ROLL ON
                  ROTA'S

Comment

Look up million mile joe.

And are your parents saying its going to break down on you because they think you wont take care of it?

Before you "mod" anything, especially if it's your only form of transportation. Make sure everything else on the car is up to par.
                    "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

OP: sounds like your parents made some good points. Think about what you want to modify (engine/powertrain, suspension/handling, appearance/accessories/stereo/etc.)

If you're thinking about powertrain I'd suggest going with something else. There's performance for sure, but if you're a starving student I think you'd get more for your money with a different chassis/engine combo. Plus it's no fun to have your only car down when you need it.

Suspension/handling, go for it with the CB. They have the potential to be real nice balanced cars. Keep the original parts and revert to stock when you get tired or decide to sell.

Looks/stereo/etc. Up to you. If you like how the CB looks then go for it. If you like another car then save your money and just drive it stock.

TL;DR: Stay away from the powertrain to avoid some headache for yourself. Otherwise have fun, try to buy used & resell later if money's tight. They can be great cars. No shame in driving it stock for a few years and making plans for another car either though

*edit- Stay on top of scheduled maintenance and chances are you'll see 250k+ easily on original engine/trans
                      Bought from: bmxicansd, casterx, Bruce Banner, lokuputha. Sold to: darkcloud, treyd82,

Comment

Is it worth modding?

I remember when I got my first CB when I was 16 and thought it was anything but the kind of car I wanted. Four door, square, and no vtec. But I was only 16 and didn't understand what the car had to offer. But I spent a lot of time on this forum reading countless threads of how every member put a certain individuality into the car. I mean a lot a lot of time on here. Started with learning about bolt-ons. I even had to look up what i/h/e meant! The more I learned about what the car could be the more I loved imagining how I would put my own stamp on the chassis.

I'm still running the original block from that first CB now in my second with a vastly different setup on it. Spend time on the forum, have a look around, read the DIYs and check out other members' rides. Then decide for yourself if the car is right.
                        90 LX (R.I.P.) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137301
                        91 EX (DD) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142483

Comment

Yes. Yes. And yes.

What's that everybody else on cb7tuner? Yes?
                          Sir, I think the answer is yes.
                          Our cars attractive, reliable, highly moddable, fun to drive, and we have a plethora of information with a great community base. What more does one need?

Comment

Newer cars aren't always necessarily better... I sold my 06 Accord and went back to a 1990 Accord. They are better built, more fun to drive, look better and a lot more cost efficient. The 4th gen is arguably (or is it?) the best generation of the Accord... simply put, these cars are here to stay and should not be compared to the "average" 20+ year old vehicle. Look how many of these are still on the road compared to just about any other make or model from the early 90s. So the answer is, YES, they are worth putting money into... whether it be modding, repairing, etc. If you take care of it, it will probably last much longer than you care to drive it.
                            1990 Honda Accord LX coupe
                            F22
                            116,xxx miles

1989 Honda Accord LX sedan
                            A20
                            177,xxx miles

1992 Cadillac Allante
                            4.5L V8
                            70,xxx miles

Comment

It really depends on the condition of the car. Shells get old and worn down. Even if it's running right it will never FEEL right.

I had 3 CBs. My first one was a 93 with <90K miles that I got in 2003 for 2200. Fucking STEAL!!! I wish I had kept that one. The other two were 92s and had close to 200K miles. Really beat down and problematic. I spent a lot just trying to get them to the condition of the 1st one. If yours is really primo then maybe, otherwise fuck no. For me to get a similar car today I would have to get an 03 Accord. And those are not cheap.

Originally posted by lordoja
                              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Ask your parents why they bought you a car that would crap out in a couple years. LOL
                                Bro, the age doesn't matter. I have a guy two doors down modding a 70's model El Camino. Cars are meant to have fun with. If nothing else use it as a learning platform.

Comment

Working...
                                X