No announcement yet.

INT: DIY- Katzkin leather seat installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember looking at some install pdf a long time ago from katzkins that showed them stuffing some poly fill in the door panels for the gathered leather look. Since it looks like you have enough leather is that maybe what you're supposed to do?

Comment

interior pics look dope!!
      92accord803

Comment

GO TYPE G WOOOT !!! BEAST FOR DOING THIS heheh. too bad i just got 97 factory leather tho T_T but its koo. i spent 35$ on my whole interior swap ( trunk too )
        frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix
          GO TYPE G WOOOT !!! BEAST FOR DOING THIS heheh. too bad i just got 97 factory leather tho T_T but its koo. i spent 35$ on my whole interior swap ( trunk too )
          don't rub it in, lol. did you do a seat swap or did you take the leather from a 97 and wrap it on 90-93 seats? i would assume you did a seat swap, but them i wondered about the door panels.

p.s. is it me or did my pictures shrink? later.
          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Every single picture you have hosted with that provider got shrunk, heh.
            Originally posted by sweet91accord
            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

yeah pix are smalll. haha nah i did a direct seat swap. everything is plug and play. i found the door pannels out the junkyard just randomly one day they had a cb7 in the junkyard with grey leather( i jacked his dash and carpet too ^_^ turned out real nicely and i got the stock floor mats from the 5th gen accord.

im not trying to rub anything in at all hehe. u get what u pay for and u got a good quality product and u did the labor urself. u got ballz and skills for that. im glad it turned out so nicely. i really like it ^_^ the only real work i did on mine was regluing some of the leather back on the door pannels and laying the leather on my whole back dash.
              frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

DAMN! Excellent job. Your time and effort has saved me about 1-2 thousand. Thanks a whole (H-E- double hockey stick) of a lot. Great write too. Can you get an encore?
                The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Nice. Now I need to do this to my seats. Nice Diy man. And thanks TAS!

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
                  PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

great DIY

Comment

a little advice....to get the wrinkles out, use a heat gun(looks like a hair dryer) and go over it several times, thus making the fabric "shrink" and fit nice and snug

also you stated you got this fron Katzkin...something you might have wanted to do right after you got it was go over and re-sow it, because this goes through an assembly line one person sows one part, the other person sows another part, and so on and so fourth, so re-sowing it would make it last even longer.

p.s. i like the aluminum bar under the seat idea =]
                      Last edited by KRIS05VVTi; 11-23-2008, 07:42 PM. Reason: =P

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

Comment

how did you remove the rod in the middle of the seat
                        thanks
                        New paint job and bumper 8/8/11
                        tsx retrofit
                        f22b dohc boosted
                        custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

Originally posted by Gtseviper View Post
                          how did you remove the rod in the middle of the seat
                          thanks
                          not sure what rod you are talking about.

the lower cushion is bolted to the rails. later.
                          Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

I got most of the seat cover was off until I came in contact with the seams from the front seat...I couldn't figure out how to remove it without damaging the loop it was going through
                            thanks
                            New paint job and bumper 8/8/11
                            tsx retrofit
                            f22b dohc boosted
                            custom gauges pods

Motivation is one of the keys to life....tell me "can't" and I wll show you I can

Comment

Great write up. It's really not a hard job to do. Just take your time.

For 4 years I used to build seats for Chrysler and Honda, so I'm very anal when it comes to my interiors.

Comment

Working...
                              X