mr_naler : 1991 Accord DX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Twin

Mine is a 90 DX tho, when I get my promotion Im gonna go big on this thing, power wise for the most part.
    FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
    Pm meX
    I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
    H22A Swap
    I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Originally posted by CBAccordA4 View Post
      Mine is a 90 DX tho, when I get my promotion Im gonna go big on this thing, power wise for the most part.
      Ha, Sweet! I've got to get my handling right before I can focus on power too much. Megan coils are my next investment for sure.
      _C'est La Vie, C'est La Mort_

Comment

Originally posted by mr_naler
        Yeah, DX ftw! no power anything! Just how I like it!
        Yup though mine has power steering and a/c

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD View Post
          Yup though mine has power steering and a/c
          Yeah, well so does mine... for now

Comment

Ok so it's been a while since I've updated this. Not much has changed as I have been unemployed and busy with my band. I have a job now though and have done a couple little things.

I painted my stock grill, I think it looks good:

I started on my Glove box radio idea, and change my shift knob:

Removed my rear seats for when I took my brother to GA and we picked up a front bumper, trunk lid, radiator, and radiator support:

Put the four best tires I had on my car until I can get some new ones for my TSWs (TSW fronts, oem steelies back lol):

Aside from these updated, I am trying to decide what to do about my side molding. It was screwed in and had silicon or something gluing it in instead of clips. o.O So Idk whether to take the side molding off or try to get some new ones. I also need a new front bumper. I will be removing AC and PS soon. More updates to follow. Unfortunately I won't be getting low for a couple months it looks like though

Comment

The grill looks great, but that front plate needs to go.

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                The grill looks great, but that front plate needs to go.
                Thanks but...

Roll Tide!!!

Another little upgrade (hideaway radio):

Comment

Clean DX! I like the hideaway radio and upgraded front. Are you keeping the rear 90-91 or switching to 92-93?
                  1990 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
                    Clean DX! I like the hideaway radio and upgraded front. Are you keeping the rear 90-91 or switching to 92-93?
                    Thank you sir! More clean-ness will come when I get around to the engine bay, and can clean the tar out and whatnot. I think I will be painting what isn't covered in carpet or anything black in the back seat/trunk area.

The radio was something I had been thinking about for a while, but finally grabbed the Dremel and went for it today.

If by rear you mean tail lights, I will be keeping the 90-91 for now and smoke them a little in the amber area. Only way I'd go to 92-93 would be a CF trunk.

Comment

I would've gone the other way around(keep 90-91 front and swap trunk/lights to 92-93) but that's me. Sounds good though.
                      I've always wanted a DX.
                      1990 Accord EX

Comment

Well I like the 92-93 with the fog lights and a 94-95 Accord Mugen style lip. That's what I'm going for.

I love having a DX, now I just need to remove my PS, AC, and a couple more little things then I'll have a bare basics car like I want.

Comment

Minor update. Got some rear mud flaps and lower profile tires for the rear today.

Pretty stoked about the mud guards. I have been wanting them since I got my car

Oh and I'm restoring my TSW Evos :

Random pics of my little brother working on his CB7:

Last edited by mr_naler; 02-14-2011, 05:08 PM.

Comment

looking good man . love the progress. keep at it man , its coming along nicely.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Thanks man. I'm finally getting started. I'll be getting my first paycheck next week and I'll be getting some more little goodies

Oh, btw, I've seen a couple other Bama CB7s. I think we need to meet up one day and go to a meet in ATL or something.

Comment

Decided I will be taking two of my wheels to get sandblasted on Tuesday. I sanded down one of the wheels by hand a little and tried on a color:

Next to the car:

I think this satin white is a good color for these wheels on my car.

The process I will be using is going to be as follows:

1. File and sand any major curb rash or other areas
                                2. Strip paint off with Aircraft Remover
                                3. Degrease with Simple Green
                                4. Dry
                                5. Two coats Self Etching Primer
                                6. Sand with 320 grit and wipe with micro fiber cloth
                                7. Two coats Self Etching Primer
                                8. Sand with 320 grit and wipe with micro fiber cloth
                                9. Two coats Filler Primer
                                10. Sand with 320 grit and wipe with micro fiber cloth
                                11. Two coats Filler primer
                                12. Sand with 320 grit and wipe with micro fiber cloth
                                13. Clean with Simple Green
                                14. Dry
                                15. Two coats Krylon Satin White regular spray paint
                                16. Sand with 320 grit and wipe with micro fiber cloth
                                17. Two coats Krylon Satin White regular spray paint
                                18. Sand with 320 grit and wipe with micro fiber cloth
                                19. Two coats Dupli-Color Wheel Paint clear
                                20. Sand with 320 grit and wipe with micro fiber cloth
                                21. Two coats Dupli-Color Wheel Paint clear

I don't know a whole lot about wheel painting, so if you have any suggestions of how to make the wheel come out better I am all ears
                                Last edited by mr_naler; 02-20-2011, 04:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X