Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intresting. I found it on Honda Automotive Parts. So it can be added relatively easily i assume. But how exactly does it work? And when does it work? I would also assume only when the car is off but this is new to me.

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
      I think we were both wrong on this one, found this on accident:
      Interesting, I'll have to check that part number at work next week and see if anything comes up.
      I doubt it though, because I sure Japan never received block heaters.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Nevermind. I think i found what i needed.

http://www.hondaaccordforum.com/foru...-heater-22958/

Id like to have one on both my Accords for this winter.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
          Interesting, I'll have to check that part number at work next week and see if anything comes up.
          I doubt it though, because I sure Japan never received block heaters.
          This was from Majestic Honda, and it doesn't show it as discontinued, but some of the other parts on the list are discontinued.
          Originally posted by Mishakol129
          Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
            This was from Majestic Honda, and it doesn't show it as discontinued, but some of the other parts on the list are discontinued.
            Thats where i found it and i already bought one. Shipping and all it was $73.09

Comment

Originally posted by SWMO View Post
              Intresting. I found it on Honda Automotive Parts. So it can be added relatively easily i assume. But how exactly does it work? And when does it work? I would also assume only when the car is off but this is new to me.
              It's a 110V heater that keeps your engine block and thus also your coolant and oil warmer while the car is parked. If you have a block heater, there should be a standard 3-prong household electrical cord somewhere around your front bumper. In the dead of winter, when it gets below -20C (-4F), you get an extension cord and plug your car into an electrical outlet when you park it for more than a few hours.

You don't see them in use on Canadian cars except for the parts where it gets REALLY cold in the winter. It helps the car start easier in those temperatures and also dramatically reduces the warm-up time.

Comment

since i live in cali would this be some thing worth haveing ? my cb hates the cold weather even though its not cold out here.
                this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Here it gets about 0-10*F at night for around a month to 2 months most winters. Its not extremely cold but the oil gets thick. If you have ever added oil from a quart left in your trunk when its that cold youll know what i mean.

Your valves will tick louder until its warmed up when its that cold aswell.

I didnt know a factory block heater existed for our cars until now or i would have been using them long ago.
                  Last edited by H311RA151N; 10-26-2012, 01:42 PM.

Comment

My Block Heater kit came in today.

Comment

My Block Heater kit came in today.

And it LOOKS OEM to, The OP one looks aftermarket.

Nice find

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

^^^ Thank you!

Im going to order another one for my 93LX in a day or two.

Comment

i wont one . what did you pay for it?
                          this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                          How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                          Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Originally posted by Accord problems View Post
                            i wont one . what did you pay for it?
                            Thats where i found it and i already bought one. Shipping and all it was $73.09
                            Originally posted by Mishakol129
                            Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

A heads up on the block heater. It dosent fit. Not even close.

Im trying to work out a deal with Majestic Honda so i can return it. Its a special order and an electrical part. It says on my parts invoice they do not return either of those.

I will post up the results.

Comment

A heads up on the block heater. It dosent fit. Not even close.

Im trying to work out a deal with Majestic Honda so i can return it. Its a special order and an electrical part. It says on my parts invoice they do not return either of those.

I will post up the results.
                                So what honda was it designed for . . . ?

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Working...
                                X