No announcement yet.

5" speakers not sounding like they should

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do a polarity check on your speakers, speaker wire colors are listed in a sticky in the audio/electrionics forum.

Speaker plugs at best buy for 13 bucks.

Remove your door pods, those are designed for the crap factory speakers.

6.5" speakers will fit in your doors if your remove that pod, you may need a spacer depending on depth. If there is too much bass running through your speakers you may also have the sound your describing, try a high pass filter on your deck or caps/bass blockers/speaker savers. If there is too much bass it may have a distorted or muffled sound.

Member Ride Facebook
    XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
    SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
    For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by lsn92ex View Post
      right, i understand now that the sound is bouncing off the back... now what if I covered up the holes i made in the front and somehow enlarge the orginal vent?

i think I'm going to try that next... it will be awhile before i get around to it... maybe tomorrow, but I'll let you all know what happens.
      cover every hole including the port hole so the front and the rear of the speakers frequencies are completely separate and then come tell us how it sounds. I have a felling thats your main problem for crappy sound.

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

So here's what I did...

You don't see it, but I stuffed some cotton balls inside the pod to try and help keep the mids from resonating. This helped, but I also tried for the high pass filter, but I only have a low pass... So, I figured I'd at least play with it to see if I heard a difference, and I did. I have the low pass set to 125hertz, and they sound a lot better.

Comment

Working...
        X