k24a2 pretty soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

k24a2 pretty soon

Well hey guys I haven't been on here for a while but on to the story I recently just sold my h22 full swap to my friend for 1200 any he's one of my closest friend and he agreed for me to keep it till he needs for his other project since we are doing his k20z1 swap on his em1.
    And lucky I found a good deal on a k24a2 for 800 bucks with only 80k miles so pretty soon ima post pics and continue this progress
    Last edited by 10k; 02-24-2013, 11:32 PM.
    WHEN LIFE PASSES YOU BY...DOWN SHIFT...

So are you starting a swap build thread or asking a question or are you just wanting to let us know you bought a K24?
    '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
    If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Trans and harness too?
      My 91 ex coupe
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=189841

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
        So are you starting a swap build thread or asking a question or are you just wanting to let us know you bought a K24?
        +1. This swap is quite costly. Whats the point over an H22?

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
          well its gonna be a build thread for now but a slow one haha

Comment

Originally posted by dockinrez View Post
            Trans and harness too?
            just longblock the trans and everything else is the little things for now no biggie

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
              +1. This swap is quite costly. Whats the point over an H22?
              well reason why im going k is cause the h22 for me is just out of date i tried making it all motor but it can only go some much unless i turbo it but i don't want to do that..so ima with a k24a2 for 171 lb.ft torque and this stock over a h22 that's 156 lb.ft torque. and my buddy's k24 is pushing 189 lb.ft with a couple of bolt on's and a tune which to me is a lot more.. for our over weight cars enough to pull its weight and can keep up with most modern cars like newer honda's

Comment

Originally posted by 10k View Post
                well reason why im going k is cause the h22 for me is just out of date i tried making it all motor but it can only go some much unless i turbo it but i don't want to do that..so ima with a k24a2 for 171 lb.ft torque and this stock over a h22 that's 156 lb.ft torque. and my buddy's k24 is pushing 189 lb.ft with a couple of bolt on's and a tune which to me is a lot more.. for our over weight cars enough to pull its weight and can keep up with most modern cars like newer honda's
                Whats your buddys K24 in? The Accord was not intended to be a track car. It is what it is, a family car.

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
                  Whats your buddys K24 in? The Accord was not intended to be a track car. It is what it is, a family car.
                  It's in a Rsx and I know it wasn't meant to be a track car.. but it is some people's favorite car and some would want it to be quick as it looks good..plus there is other four door sedans that aren't just for family..there is sedan sport model cars too

Comment

So have you purchased this motor? I don't want another "Oh this will be great if I can pull it off" kind of thread, I'd like to keep a strict guideline on this sub-forum.

Comment

I am tomorrow the guy is out of town of the moment

Comment

For the money you spending on a K24, You can dump it into your H, get it Bored and Stroked to OVER 2.5L (I'm running 2.7), on high compression pistons and put down WAY more power over the k24 you're trying to aspire for now...and retain all of your hardware and not have to change ANYTHING you have going on in your car.

Not jumping down your throat, but to say the H is out of date and forcing your switch to a K pushes me to properly inform you. I considered that once, then I got put onto the 2.7L Bore/Stroke Job avail for these motors and that changes the ENTIRE game. Look into it, do some research, it's really not that expensive compared to what you're gonna pay to go K.

Google PocketRocketRacing, they were the first to offer the kit and now several companies have it, My own set up made about 335hp/270lb-tq with room for improvement, and NO k24 out the box is touching those numbers. Cheers.
                        Last edited by TheProfessional; 02-26-2013, 02:43 AM.

Comment

I am tomorrow the guy is out of town of the moment
                          So until then this thread is basically worthless.

Comment

I'm guessing the "guy is still out of town"?

Comment

It's in a Rsx and I know it wasn't meant to be a track car.. but it is some people's favorite car and some would want it to be quick as it looks good..plus there is other four door sedans that aren't just for family..there is sedan sport model cars too
                              I thought the RSX was a K20?

Comment

Working...
                              X