Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Car dosn't like to start after driving (flooding?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car dosn't like to start after driving (flooding?)

Its been happening more and more now. But when i drive my car for a bit and then shut it off for a few minutes to go get something (store), i start my car and it starts up then emmidiately bogs down (it seems) and starts spuddering at like 200 rpm's then shuts off. If i try to re-start it immidiately it won't, it just cranks and cranks. But it ALWAYS starts after i wait atleast 2-3 minutes, then runs completely fine. It seemed like it use to do it when i was low on gas but now wether i drive it 10 miles or 100 miles and shut it off it will do it. I'd say it does it a good 2-3 out of 5 times. Its really weird and i have no idea what to look for.
    Last edited by eazyduzit509; 04-16-2009, 03:23 PM.

But never any problems when you first start it after it's been sitting overnight or similar? And no issue once it's properly started, not lost any power or anything like that?

Comment

Correct, absolutely nothing. I seem to recall it doing it once or twice when i go to start it (after overnight) but we thought it was because it was low on gas and the fuel filter was dirty. We switched it out and havn't had it happen after sitting overnight in months. It seems like its acting up recently, like within the past month. But a few months ago it would do it to after driving around the big city for a bit and shutting it off, i would re-start it after 15 minutes and it would bog down and hsut off. Even if i try to give it gas when its doing this it dosnt seem to change a thing. I think when i hit the gas when its bogging i can hear the intake sucking air but its not doing anything...

Comment

I'd like to know this as well.
        Mine starts up every morning and everytime I get off work perfectly. But, If I have to stop anywhere on my way to work (bank, gas station, etc), it's a bitch. But, it'll start up after about 2-3 mins, just like the OP's.

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

my sister's cb is doing the same thing.... a mechanic once told me to check my ignitor and the main relay..

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls.

Comment

mine too.

although mine rarely does it.
            maybe once every six weeks or so. but always after a short trip, and never after leaving it to cool overnight.

no performance loss or any noticeable indication that anything wrong took place once the car gets running again.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Sounds exactly like my car except after a really long highway trip it would completely die but I had similar simptoms when my fuel pump was on its way out. I would check fuel pressure when it starts doing this. (bring a guage with you or add one to your fuel rail)

and also give the main relay under the dask a whack and see if that cures it. my first guess would be fuel but spark and bad dizzy has potential too. Lack of air (extremely dirty air filter can cause this type off thing too.) clean or change that b*stard while your at it.

^Click Me!^

Comment

just through a little saudder on it...

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls.

Comment

Its the main relay.
                  -Will

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer987 View Post
                    Sounds exactly like my car except after a really long highway trip it would completely die but I had similar simptoms when my fuel pump was on its way out. I would check fuel pressure when it starts doing this. (bring a guage with you or add one to your fuel rail)

and also give the main relay under the dask a whack and see if that cures it. my first guess would be fuel but spark and bad dizzy has potential too. Lack of air (extremely dirty air filter can cause this type off thing too.) clean or change that b*stard while your at it.
                    x2...I agree...check fuel pressure and main relay when the problem occurs...I havent had this happen to me...but sounds like a fuel problem for sure...are you getting a check engine light?...if so...what is the code?
                    "I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think I can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy." --President John F. Kennedy

ASE Master Automotive Technician
                    ASE Master Med/Heavy Truck Technician
                    US Navy Electrician
                    Contact me if you need help on the side.
                    '92 Accord DX (For Sale)
                    '01 Civic LX
                    '00 Tahoe

Greatest Rally Video Ever

Comment

Originally posted by Bullhorn7 View Post
                      Its the main relay.
                      its definitely not the main relay. at least for my car anyway.

that was one part i was fortunate enough to have a spare of when this happened.

swapped it out, still no start.

im leaning towards erratic fuel pump. but until it does it again im just gonna keep on drivin

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Mine Too!

My car was doing that for a little while but i changed a bunch of stuff and it just stopped. I'd check ignition system before fuel. but i tend to blame that first.
                        now my car is a pain to crank cold. I can stop a hundred times within a few miles and it'll crank right up but if i walk away for a few hours, takes a maybe 3 seconds of cranking to start her up.

Comment

Mine did that, also wouldn't start on really hot days.

MAIN RELAY.
                          90 accord EX automatic F22A4 232,500
                          DIY ram intake
                          0gauge/4gauge BIG 3
                          stock alt rewound to 120amps
                          optima orange top 830cca 1030ca
                          fully synthetic valvoline "Max Life" 5w30

Other rides:
                          2004 Jeep Liberty v6
                          2001 Honda civic ex coupe 1.7 vtec

Comment

Originally posted by H22artman View Post
                            its definitely not the main relay. at least for my car anyway.

that was one part i was fortunate enough to have a spare of when this happened.

swapped it out, still no start.

im leaning towards erratic fuel pump. but until it does it again im just gonna keep on drivin
                            the relay controlls the power going to the fuel pump so if the relay is working then your fuel pump is fine and not worth investigating
                            what i am saying is a relay is like a light switch when the light is on the conact is close when it is off the the contact is open. so if the car is off and you know the relay is good they it is the wires that feed the relay is where your problem will be in the ignition or ecu as for the others in this forum i would start to look at your main relay it sounds like the conact getts suck closed allowing power to go to your fuel pump which will flood your motor causing the problem people are having in this thread.

Comment

i asked this same question on an earlier thread. I changed the fuel filter (it needed it) but still get the same problem here and there with the no start.

could it be an erratic fuel pump? but then why can i drive to work with no problems at all
                              http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X