Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Both AUX fan only runs when thermostat opens??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both AUX fan only runs when thermostat opens??

guys n gals, i'm a bit confused regarding how the aux fan works, is it normal that both of them only works when the thermostat opens?? i'm feeling that the engine is getting hot, though the temp gauge is still normal. help..

There's a problem if they come on before the thermostat opens, I haven't watched my fans so I'm not sure if both work at the same time but… if the temp gauge stays close to the middle and works while warming up you should be good. Does the gauge work right? Did you check the antifreeze? How do you know it's overheating?
    4000watts just so all the haters hear me comin!

Comment

the "AUX" fan is the condenser fan for the A/C. The thermostat doesn't control the fans operation. the ECT switch does. All the thermostat does is allow coolant to flow through the engine. It is normal for your radiator fan to kick on after the car has been idling for a while.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

The main (big) fan runs whenever the ECT switch says that the engine is too hot. It is normal for the aux (small) fan to run at the same time as the main fan. This smaller fan is actually intended for the air conditioner, though - the condenser unit is right in front of the radiator, and the fan is right in front of the compressor. It can kick on when necessary during A/C operation, regardless of engine temperature.
        Last edited by cp[mike]; 04-16-2014, 10:53 AM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

@binladin: temp is ok, but i felt engine is very hot.

@sonikaccord & cp[mike]: they both work at the same time bro, as far as i know radiator fan should work when i start the engine, and the other fan works when the engine is getting hot or the a/c was turned on. correct me if i'm wrong..

for now i put a piece of wire into the ect to make my fan running at all time, coz i really feel that my engine is getting hot, especially now the temp here in saudi arabia is around 40 deg already.. thanks for the replies guys..
          Last edited by r. masajo; 04-17-2014, 05:48 AM.

Comment

The radiator fan should only kick on when the engine goes slightly above operating temp. The smaller fan can kick on when the radiator fan is on, but will kick on when the A/C is on.

Also, you need a quantitative measure of "heat." The body is very prone to error. If you can find an IR thermometer that would be best.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
              The radiator fan should only kick on when the engine goes slightly above operating temp. The smaller fan can kick on when the radiator fan is on, but will kick on when the A/C is on.

Also, you need a quantitative measure of "heat." The body is very prone to error. If you can find an IR thermometer that would be best.
              That's how supposed it work, but the problem is they both kick and turn off the same time. and kicks on when i turn on the a/c. in your current set up, (i mean the factory set up of the aux fan) have you ever felt that your engine is getting hot??

what should be the temp if i'm gonna use an IR thermometer?

Comment

Working...
              X