Brake issues : no pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
    Disconnect the vacuum line at the booster and start the car. It should idle correctly. If not, replace the check valve.

I am almost positive you have a leak somewhere.

Good luck with this.
    If i remove the vacuum line at the booster, it has the hunting idle (1500-2100 rpm fluctuation).

As for the abs system, there are no codes what so ever, I have bled the entire system , it worked properly when I bled it.

With the vacuum line at the booster removed, there is a harder pedal, almost what a normal one would feel like.

And now , with the vacuum line at the booster connected , if I rev the car or am on the gas and then hit the brakes directly after , it has a normal pedal feel , but not normal stopping power.

should I go get a few check valves from the junk yard? maybe a booster too?

As for the bleeding being incorrect , I didn't use any sort of self bleeding tool , or pump the brakes. I just let them gravity bled. I did : (driver rear, passenger front, passenger rear, driver front) .

I did the furthest from MC to closest thing , until I found a post from someone else on here stating to do (driver rear, passenger front, passenger rear, driver front). At that point I did it that way.

Comment

nobody has an idea as to what is happening?

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHTHECREATOR View Post

As for the bleeding being incorrect , I didn't use any sort of self bleeding tool , or pump the brakes. I just let them gravity bled. I did : (driver rear, passenger front, passenger rear, driver front) .

I would definitely try another check valve, and get a friend to pump the brakes for you.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
          I would definitely try another check valve, and get a friend to pump the brakes for you.
          I did not remember to grab a check valve while at the junkyard. I had someone help me bleed the whole system , and lube slide pins... still no luck. I will try the check valve from my sedan , and see what happens. If that don't help, I will attempt to adjust the push rod down at the brake pedal.

Comment

Did you fix this damn thing yet?

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
              Did you fix this damn thing yet?
              No, it's being a big PITA with the brakes.

Comment

fixed....for now

I bled all four brakes once again , as well as the abs modulator. Seems to be better by far. I dunno how long this will last though.

Comment

Working...
                X