This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lokuputha
    FYI...according to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, more than 50% of all auto parts in North America are fake....even reputable retailers have been scammed into distributing such crap.

Wow. 50%

i bet yah over 50% don't even have a clue
    My Ride...

Comment

Jesus thats insane, well when i get some spare time this weekend im going to report it to brembo and either try to get my money back or get a new set and just send them to brembo and ask if the brakes are actually their brakes....Im going to work so, i dont have time, but IMO i think they were genuine.
      JustBlaze

Comment

Originally posted by Half-Pint
        Jesus thats insane, well when i get some spare time this weekend im going to report it to brembo and either try to get my money back or get a new set and just send them to brembo and ask if the brakes are actually their brakes....Im going to work so, i dont have time, but IMO i think they were genuine.
        Show us the box it came in along with any marking or indication on the rotors. That may save you the hassel of shipping.

Comment

I have talked to Brembo by phone and keep in mind Brembo does not make any slotted and drilled rotors. And does anyone know what the actual box design looks like? I have seen 2 used by Brembo and 2 others on other sites(eBay).

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom
            Okay to add to this thread, here is an easy upgrade:

91-93 Wagon front rotors
            91-93 Front brake calipers w/ brackets (These are the same as Vigor)
            91-93 Brake pads

That's it. Simple and very effective.

For wagon owners:

EBC or Brembo front rotors
            Green stuff pads

With either setup, be prepared to kiss the windshield!!!!
            ok, what if I already have the 98' 2.3 CL rotor-over-hub conversion, what rotors do I use? Prelude?...
            Drivin a Yota now, The CB7 is still for sale.
            Don't kinfe when you can BLOW THEIR FACE OFF with an M1014!
            Always playin Camp Of Duty: Lagfire 2!

Comment

I hope some one reads this soon. I have the acura legend brake calipers with the 23T bracket. I took the brake pads back thinking I was going to get new ones anyways. Well I don't know what year it came from and don't know which kind of pad I should get. Do they make the ebc green pads for this caliper? Please help I was hoping to install the calipers this weekend. Oh one more thing do I need to get bigger rotors to fit those calipers on there or can I just bolt them up? Thanks
              Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
              Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
              JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

91-93 Wagon front rotors
                91-93 Brake pads

For wagon owners:

Green stuff pads

just to clarify, all 4 of those parts: rotor, caliper, bracket, and brake pads come from the wagon, right?

and no other parts are required?
                the type of brake fluid remains the same?

MY CB7

FULL part out thread:
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=204494

Comment

Originally posted by shadow_builder
                  I have talked to Brembo by phone and keep in mind Brembo does not make any slotted and drilled rotors. And does anyone know what the actual box design looks like? I have seen 2 used by Brembo and 2 others on other sites(eBay).

That's what the box looks like, its red and has Brembo insignia all over it

And this is what you should also find inside the box accompanied with the rotor, its kinda like a proof of authenticity, Oh these are VIGOR 11.1 inch rotors btw, idk if they are the same at Wagon rotors in disc width, but in diameter and hub-over-rotor yes

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

91-93 Wagon front rotors
                    91-93 Brake pads

For wagon owners:

Green stuff pads

Can I still use oem 15" wheels with this swap?

Comment

Originally posted by lonski
                      Can I still use oem 15" wheels with this swap?
                      Yeah, you'll be fine. You might want to consider finding a 15" spare tire too or if your front tire ever goes flat you'll have to put a spare on the rear and move that tire to the front.

Comment

Anyone found a better rear disk setup like they have for the front? Maybe vigor or somethin?

Comment

I dont want to upgrade anything but Rotors and Brakes......
                          I want brembo Blanks.....
                          What kind of pads should I get? I'm looking to pay like 40-50 the most
                          Hawk,Akebono proact or something else?

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
                            Anyone found a better rear disk setup like they have for the front? Maybe vigor or somethin?
                            That's tough, since the rear disks on the legends/vigors used drum-in-hat emergency brakes. You'd have to retrofit that on too.

Blk EX Coupe probably has a lot more relevant information, but I had a heck of a hard time fitting 11.1" rotors in a 15" rim. Sorta depends on the rim too, I guess.

Comment

So that picture Losi posted of the Vigor brake, im confused, cuz it shows the cuts for the hub, but no bolt holes.

For the vigor brakes, are they still HOR and have to be pressed? Or do I have to do the CL hub conversion?

I want to do a ROH conversion, but still upgrade the discs and caliper if i can. Right now I'm an LX with the rear disc conversion. I am ok with the rears staying stock like they are, but i want slightly bigger calipers and rotors like the vigor or wagon, just minus the HOR design.

What options do i have?

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                              So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

read through a couple threads after a i did some hardcore searching lol here is what i came up with...

CL hubs
                                Prelude VTEC caliper and bracket with corresponding rotor and pad

the way i read it is that those rotors are bigger at 11.1" compared to our 10.2ish, the caliper is bigger, the bracket will bolt up fine, and also i get rid if HOR and now am ROH.

please someone correct me if im wrong. also, will the stock accord brake lines work?

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                                So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Working...
                                X