No announcement yet.

What Lies In The Truth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How old is that video? I'm getting a definite mid-'90s vibe...

I hear about different treatment the same as I'm sure most people do, but I've honestly never myself witnessed blacks being treated any worse (or awkwardly better, say under equal opportunity laws) than whites. Maybe it's just the area I live in. Hispanics maybe, if only because Mexicans still tend to hold stereotypical jobs and many adults don't seem to care much for learning English.

If one person stood in that video, I would think it obvious that woman would have drilled them on how they could possibly think blacks were treated equally when she makes a job of studying situations where they're not. Having said what I did above about not witnessing any of it, I wouldn't stand simply to avoid being put on the spot, lol, but then I'm the shy quiet type that's always hated speaking in front of people.

Interesting anecdote... I was once pulled over and my white friend was asked if he was in a gang because he happened to be wearing all red gym clothes. I had never heard of gang activity in my city.

As for the discovering America thing, can that even be proven now that so much time has passed? You can read history reports from anywhere, but how do you know what you can trust when no one alive today was around back then? Furthermore, what's it matter who did the discovering? Someone did and here we are today. Personally I've never cared for the past (or giving any one person any sense of greater importance than any of the rest of us), it's all just more or less interesting stories to me.
    Last edited by CyborgGT; 01-06-2016, 10:57 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
      How old is that video? I'm getting a definite mid-'90s vibe...

As for the discovering America thing, can that even be proven now that so much time has passed? You can read history reports from anywhere, but how do you know what you can trust when no one alive today was around back then? Furthermore, what's it matter who did the discovering? Someone did and here we are today. Personally I've never cared for the past (or giving any one person any sense of greater importance than any of the rest of us), it's all just more or less interesting stories to me.
      Not sure, but I'm sure it can be found.

The America things shows how people lie about history (and subsequently the present). I've been taught lies in school, and I'm tired of it. In modern history books, people are trying to call Black slaves brought here from Africa, workers. Workers get paid. This country was built on lies by the people who stole it, and I want to seek the truth.
      The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

A few simple things to remember. The victors write history, and we've been lied to our entire lives by the government. Just watch the mainstream media. Might as well be government media because they partially fund them all! Same with our awesome "public schools" might as well truthfully be called government schools. Train all the little lemmings in the same exact way so we know how they will react to any situation we present them as truth.
        MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Truth: More important than what is the truth is why the lie. Rilas is right though I prefer the winner writes the facts. From jerry springer to world war conflicts the winner tells the tale.
          Opinion: the largest adversary of the truth is the belief in something intangible. From money and laws to religion, it is human nature when something can't be explained to explain it anyhow. The problem is that this initial common inaccurate belief holds power over what the truth is propetuating the lie. Beliefs are a powerful thing indeed. If a Nordic Viking had lived 2000 years and on his you tube channel explained how he came to Vineland (America) in 300 ad using ancient seafaring techniques still many of us would stick to our current belief. It would take a long time to displace Christopher Columbus anyhow as we are witnessing in light of other facts we now have.
          Christopher Columbus was the first man representing a good honest tax paying religion to come to America. That is almost a truth and contains the why.
          ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

We are going to deal with this one at a time.

First, there isn't going to be your usual trolling me via PM. You send me a PM, I post it in here, simple as that. Especially based on the tantrums you have had in the past. You speak about truth, but they you try to distort it by putting only what you want seen in public. P.S. I am pretty sure I still have all those old PM's, so feel free to call me out on your previous behavior.

With that said, let's get started:

Originally posted by Straight Success
            I referenced the 2004 election because that is what led to the Great Depression. That election was stolen, and Ohio was is where it was done. A place where I lived for the past 2 years.

2000 is when the mysterious voter ballots got lost.

There's some references posted for you.
            Originally posted by Straight Success
            You're going to call it The Great Recession.
            A person with the basic mastery of "fact" such as yourself would know that I am going to call it "The Great Recession" because that is what every economist in the world called it. It did not qualify as a depression, and even if it did, it wasn't going to be called the "the Great Depression" because that name was already given to the depression of 1929. I can provide as many links as it takes for you to acknowledge this fact of history.

I would also be happy to review the fundamental basics of how a recession and depression are defined and what differentiates them. Let me know if you want to engage.

As to your assertions about the shooting, you are talking out of both sides of your mouth. FYI, I have a Master's that includes things like forensic investigations, so you are going to lose this discussion and quick if you want to keep engaging in it. Oh, what's that, you thought you were the only one that can get through a high level of education? Wrong. And yes, I am chiding you intentionally because you are the first one to try and throw your "status" as a great thinker around. News Flash: I have known people that never graduated high school that were magnitudes smarter than those who had doctorate level education. Education helps, but it doesn't automatically make you smarter than someone else.

1) Eye witness testimony is unreliable. Always has been. It is better than no testimony at all, but it is usually very factually suspect (such as cases when they claim an airplane's engines were/weren't running when physical evidence proves otherwise). Or they claim to have seen smoke or fire when that was also disproven with physical evidence. Even when not rehearsed, eye witness accounts are not very accurate. This is one reason they interview as many witnesses as they can find. They start to compile the stories and see where they intersect/overlap for the purpose of A) finding common elements, which are more likely to be partially true and B) using it to compare with the physical evidence they have to see if it fills in any gaps in understanding, sequence, events, timing, etc. However, the physical evidence ALWAYS overrules the eye witness testimony because it does not have biases, filters, visual opportunity or perspective differences.

What is really B.S. about your claims is that you say you aren't "clouded." This is patently false because ALL humans are clouded and biased by their background, experience level, expertise, and personal history. You can show the same event to hundreds of different people and not one person will see it exactly the same as one of the other people. This is a psychological fact. Another one of those facts that you claim to be acknowledging, but then speak against with your claims. I am sure Deev would be happy to chime in here because his degree is in psychology, as is my father's.

You are trying to hang your argument on eyewitness testimony while saying that "ballistics don't lie." The reason you are talking out of both sides of your mouth is because the eye witness testimony (of one person) does NOT match the ballistic evidence. So which is it? Do you believe the eye witness testimony, or the physics? You can't have it both ways because they disagree.

The ballistic evidence had traces of G.S.R. (Gun Shot Residue, which is the chemical salt produced from the burning of gun power as a result of an ammunition round firing) and powder burns on the victims hands and forearms. I don't expect you to know or understand this, but G.S.R. only happens within about a 2-3 foot radius of the firing point of a weapon. So if he was not in the immediate vicinity of the gunshot, how did he get G.S.R. on his hands? Further, the evidence of powder burns puts him in immediate proximity of the gun's blast because in order to get them, the burning G.S.R. has to be at a temperature such that it can actually burn skin. In many cases, this comes from touching the gun while it is fired, or at least being point blank range from the weapon. That is two parts to the physical evidence which both say the eye witness testimony was incorrect, and which could not have happened if his testimony was in fact correct. To further support the claim, the G.S.R. and burns were found on his hands and forearms, which indicates that those regions of his body were in the vicinity of the firing weapon. The fact that they were exclusive to his arms and hands, and not found on other regions of his body which would have been effected by the same weapon blast radius indicates that his hands and arms were most likely out stretched toward the firing weapon. Had he been in a defensive position at a range close enough to get G.S.R. or powder burns on his skin, there would have been other evidence of it all over other parts of his body.

The next part to the physical evidence of "ballistics don't lie" is the fact that the entry and exit wounds showed him shot from a position of superiority too the gun. Now that doesn't necessarily explain that he was over the officer in the car trying to take the weapon as claimed, but it does corroborate the evidence found with G.S.R. and powder burns.

What you end up with is a bunch of physical evidence that frankly says that Officer Wilson's account (as well as other eye witness testimony that you are summarily dismissing as "rehearsed") is MORE likely to be accurate than your chosen eye witness testimony. This is why a Grand Jury would NOT convict him because regardless of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson's personal political agenda, the evidence simply did not warrant prosecution. It's inconvenient to the race card, but again, ballistics don't lie and they don't change based on demographics.

Now, let's address the voter issue and the "links" you posted.

First, your residence in Ohio has nothing to do with the 2004 elections, nor does it improve your credibility with relation to the discussion because it has nothing to do with when you lived there since it was well before you moved there. By your logic, I have more credibility with regard to the matter because the entirety of my mother's family have lived there for the last 150 years or so... But you won't agree to that will you?

Second, I did some looking into the first website you linked "What really happened" and it is simply not a credible website. It is one of the anti-government websites that conspiracy theorists love so much. In fact, I did some reading of their TWA 800 findings, and as is typical of these types of websites, they neglect to mention why the findings were the way they were and instead focus in on very singular details exclusively and then distort the rest of the story to fit a dialogue. Based on that discovery, I did a little more reading into the "voter fraud" case of 2004, specifically the "exit polling" that was conducted which "proves" that there was fraud. Even the people conducting the exit polling didn't think there was an anomaly between the polling and the vote because it is entirely possible that the sample size was skewed.

Finally, I notice how you nonchalantly gloss over all of the accusations of voter fraud that have occurred just as frequently during Democratic won elections...

The hard reality of it is that voting is not a perfect system, so there are going to be accusations of "voter fraud" in all elections whether they use punch cards, write in ballots or electronic voting machines because all methods have the ability to be tampered with, fail, work incorrectly, or do something else that nullifies the vote (like the tab not falling out completely on a punch card). In fact, worldwide, vote tampering is one of the biggest problems with "free" elections, and it is a technique that many dictators use to initially grab power. That is why we have a lot of other checks on the system. However, just because the determination doesn't come out the way you like (either through legal recounts or concession by a candidate) doesn't mean the system isn't working as a whole.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Now, as for you.

I don't think you are necessarily a bad person, but:

1) You have an overinflated sense of ego. You ridicule and build yourself up to an impossible level every chance you get. A good example is you always throwing your "superior" intellect in everybody's face. This is known as overcompensating, and it is usually done by guys who have MASSIVE insecurity problems. They believe that by building themselves up in front of people, it masks what they really think. To some it does, but to anyone with training to spot it, it is easy to see.

The fact that it gets more aggressive anytime you are challenged on something supports the theory.

2) You appear to be an unfortunate product of the "me" generation that has never been held accountable or made to believe they are responsible for their own destiny. This manifests itself in your novel of threads on here where you do nothing but blame everyone else for your problems. From your race to your background, to your employment problems (which are no doubt related to your other insecurity problems), you seem to always be able to put complete blame on others. Every situation has details that you can't control, but it is completely different when EVERYTHING is always SOMEONE else's fault.

You also have the typical "the world is trying to keep me down" non-sensical attitude. You think you have it hard? You don't know the first thing about daily struggle. You think that just because you aren't "white" means you are the only one who knows about struggle? You need to get out and explore the world more bucko. Oh and by the way, the entirety of the white population in this country is here because they were fleeing persecution. It is the liberal charade that wants to rewrite this history, but from the pilgrims, to the Irish, to the Germans, to the Jews, they were all fleeing greater persecution in their homeland. As for your "struggle" even the most impoverished American families have a relatively high standard of living compared to the people in a lot of places. You should see the way some people live in places like Mexico City or Haiti.

And for the record, before you get all twisted about it, my family wasn't even in this country until AFTER slavery was abolished and that includes BOTH sides (other than my Native American ancestors who were here long before any of us), so not only were all white people NOT slave owners (in fact only a minority were), but millions of them died trying to end it. That would have included any members of my family who might have been here when the Civil War went down because my family origins are all from the Ohio area and around Chicago, which were both undoubtedly Union states.

And that is really one of the main racially dividing factors in this country right now, and you are a shining, glowing, example of it. The liberal hive leaders of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton and their ilk are trying to brainwash the country into thinking that ALL white people are responsible for all racial problems in this country and it is just patently bullshit. They invent terms like White Privlege and keep harping on the "Slave Owners" past as though all white people participated, had something to do with it, or condoned it. Those are all patently false. Further, there isn't a single white person alive today who had anything to do with it, let alone the people who moved here after the fact.

Are there groups like KKK? Absolutely. Of course we have Black Panthers too. Does the KKK represent everyone who doesn't agree with you politically? Absolutely not. In fact, their enrollment numbers were so low just a few years ago, they were just about dead. But every time extremists start their pushes for stupid stuff, it makes it easier for opposing extremists to recruit, so their numbers have started to recover recently.

As for my "white privlege" I am still waiting to see it. I sure as hell didn't get more help putting myself through school because of it, and in fact, "minority" students who came from more affluent backgrounds than I did got more money than me just because they were a "minority" and I wasn't, so it wasn't solely need based either. I didn't get as much financial aid, and I didn't get any of the tuition discounts that many of them did based on background. I got to pay the full un-discounted rate which actually subsidized richer kids getting a cheaper education because they weren't "white" or didn't have a penis.

I didn't get any of my ratings more quickly or easier than anybody of another background or color. The standards were the same, so it certainly didn't happen there.

I have never gotten paid more than an equivalent employee just because I was white, so that can't be it.

I will have to wait in line with all of the other white people to get hired along my career path because women and minorities are at the front of the line right now in my industry and in many cases are getting hired with a fraction of the qualifications or experience of the other people in the pool, so that certainly isn't white privlege.

My parents struggled putting a roof over my head and my mom has worked herself to death to provide, just like every other lower middle class family in the country (there were a lot of times we weren't even middle class, contrary to the myth that all white people are born with riches). I spent a fair bit of my time growing up in very poor neighborhoods with gun violence, gangs an crime. Ha, the first house I lived in, my parents got kicked out of because the city was condemning it for being an unsafe dwelling... My entire family was either laborers or farmers going back almost 200 years and none of them ever passed on any kind of money or privilege to their family. In fact, I was one of the first people in my family to even go to college, let alone make it through.

The reason I brought this up is solely to make my last point about you, which is that you are indeed racist. And you are the worst kind of racist because you THINK that you are not racist. But since the basis of racism is drawing lines based on skin color without knowing anything about the person, which is something you do constantly around here, that makes you a racist.

You mention race every chance you get. From your stupid melodramatic threads on this board, to the bullshit PMs you sent me previously telling me all about myself based on my skin color (where you know NOTHING about me, my background, my beliefs, or my history). I double checked and I still have them, so just say the word... All you talk about in there is how you are "diverse" and apparently I am not. Which by the way, that is another affirmative action buzzword. "Diverse." What a bunch of B.S. that word is. It is built to imply and indoctrinate our younger generations to believe that they are special or have some magnificent background that nobody else does based on their skin color or ancestry, as though all "non-diverse" people came from some cookie cutter mold and are all exactly the same composition, background or experience. It is a psychological way to dehumanize a group of people so that another group of people feels justified at looking at them as inferior or lacking. Hitler used a lot of the same techniques against the Jew in the 1930's to build national resentment against them.

The reality is that EVERY person is "diverse" because no two people are exactly the same or have the same background.

I have at least 2 races and 17 different cultures in my background, so I am curious how you could be more diverse than me, with the same number of races and probably just as many cultures as me... It will be interesting to see you spin that away.

Now, as for me (since you like to throw your superiority around), I have 2 college degrees, both in Science, one of them a Master's. I have at least 10 specialty ratings in my field of study, I am in the top echelon of my field of practice with the highest rating that is achievable, I am nationally recognized at what I do and I am a published author in multiple publications. I am practicing in the only career field I wanted to pursue since I was 6 years old, and I am very happy doing it (which is why you were a complete fuck stick going on a tirade about me when I wished you genuine success in your pursuit of happiness not that long ago). So basically, while you were busy talking about how great you were, I was busy doing it. I have also been intellectually tested and don't have worry about that either). I could have been an engineer, but I didn't want to.

I have a healthy ego too, the difference is that I am not overcompensating for mine because I have actually achieved almost all of the big points I wanted to in life, so I am not secure from a position of insecurity, but rather from having proved to myself that I could do what I set out to do. I also completely don't agree with your belittling of people whom you believe to be beneath you as a way to build yourself up. If there is one thing my "unskilled" labor of a background taught me, it is that you don't have to have a degree to be smart, and also that as long as you are happy, it doesn't matter what you do. I also happen to know that many people in trades or "unskilled" labors do very well financially. Most welders make well more than most engineers, and power company linemen with no degrees make a lot more. The purpose of education is to learn a skill, not to prove how intelligent you are.

So, I will say it again. "Truth" depends on the perspective of the individual. There is no such thing as a universal truth, unless you are talking about physical sciences which don't bend based on human behavior. But that is likely beyond the scope of this discussion.

P.S. The other moderators and I have been discussing you in private or months now, and we are largely tired of your insolent threads and posts that have no bearing on the value of a car community. The fact that they flare up even more anytime you perceive the world around you to not be going your way makes them even more irritating.

If you spent as much time and effort moving on as you do complaining about how the world has wronged you, your success would probably be much more rapid.

I'm not going to reply to this post again, because I don't care to waste anymore time talking to a brick wall, so if it gets out of hand, it will just get closed. If you attempt to lambast me with PM's, I will post them back in here and then close the thread, with the exception of reposting any new PM's AFTER the thread gets closed back in here. That's the "truth."
              Last edited by owequitit; 01-07-2016, 03:50 PM.
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                Now, as for you.

I don't think you are necessarily a bad person, but:

1) You have an overinflated sense of ego. You ridicule and build yourself up to an impossible level every chance you get. A good example is you always throwing your "superior" intellect in everybody's face. This is known as overcompensating, and it is usually done by guys who have MASSIVE insecurity problems. They believe that by building themselves up in front of people, it masks what they really think. To some it does, but to anyone with training to spot it, it is easy to see.

The fact that it gets more aggressive anytime you are challenged on something supports the theory.

2) You appear to be an unfortunate product of the "me" generation that has never been held accountable or made to believe they are responsible for their own destiny. This manifests itself in your novel of threads on here where you do nothing but blame everyone else for your problems. From your race to your background, to your employment problems (which are no doubt related to your other insecurity problems), you seem to always be able to put complete blame on others. Every situation has details that you can't control, but it is completely different when EVERYTHING is always SOMEONE else's fault.

You also have the typical "the world is trying to keep me down" non-sensical attitude. You think you have it hard? You don't know the first thing about daily struggle. You think that just because you aren't "white" means you are the only one who knows about struggle? You need to get out and explore the world more bucko. Oh and by the way, the entirety of the white population in this country is here because they were fleeing persecution. It is the liberal charade that wants to rewrite this history, but from the pilgrims, to the Irish, to the Germans, to the Jews, they were all fleeing greater persecution in their homeland. As for your "struggle" even the most impoverished American families have a relatively high standard of living compared to the people in a lot of places. You should see the way some people live in places like Mexico City or Haiti.

And for the record, before you get all twisted about it, my family wasn't even in this country until AFTER slavery was abolished and that includes BOTH sides (other than my Native American ancestors who were here long before any of us), so not only were all white people NOT slave owners (in fact only a minority were), but millions of them died trying to end it. That would have included any members of my family who might have been here when the Civil War went down because my family origins are all from the Ohio area and around Chicago, which were both undoubtedly Union states.

And that is really one of the main racially dividing factors in this country right now, and you are a shining, glowing, example of it. The liberal hive leaders of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton and their ilk are trying to brainwash the country into thinking that ALL white people are responsible for all racial problems in this country and it is just patently bullshit. They invent terms like White Privlege and keep harping on the "Slave Owners" past as though all white people participated, had something to do with it, or condoned it. Those are all patently false. Further, there isn't a single white person alive today who had anything to do with it, let alone the people who moved here after the fact.

Are there groups like KKK? Absolutely. Of course we have Black Panthers too. Does the KKK represent everyone who doesn't agree with you politically? Absolutely not. In fact, their enrollment numbers were so low just a few years ago, they were just about dead. But every time extremists start their pushes for stupid stuff, it makes it easier for opposing extremists to recruit, so their numbers have started to recover recently.

As for my "white privlege" I am still waiting to see it. I sure as hell didn't get more help putting myself through school because of it, and in fact, "minority" students who came from more affluent backgrounds than I did got more money than me just because they were a "minority" and I wasn't, so it wasn't solely need based either. I didn't get as much financial aid, and I didn't get any of the tuition discounts that many of them did based on background. I got to pay the full un-discounted rate which actually subsidized richer kids getting a cheaper education because they weren't "white" or didn't have a penis.

I didn't get any of my ratings more quickly or easier than anybody of another background or color. The standards were the same, so it certainly didn't happen there.

I have never gotten paid more than an equivalent employee just because I was white, so that can't be it.

I will have to wait in line with all of the other white people to get hired along my career path because women and minorities are at the front of the line right now in my industry and in many cases are getting hired with a fraction of the qualifications or experience of the other people in the pool, so that certainly isn't white privlege.

My parents struggled putting a roof over my head and my mom has worked herself to death to provide, just like every other lower middle class family in the country (there were a lot of times we weren't even middle class, contrary to the myth that all white people are born with riches). I spent a fair bit of my time growing up in very poor neighborhoods with gun violence, gangs an crime. Ha, the first house I lived in, my parents got kicked out of because the city was condemning it for being an unsafe dwelling... My entire family was either laborers or farmers going back almost 200 years and none of them ever passed on any kind of money or privilege to their family. In fact, I was one of the first people in my family to even go to college, let alone make it through.

The reason I brought this up is solely to make my last point about you, which is that you are indeed racist. And you are the worst kind of racist because you THINK that you are not racist. But since the basis of racism is drawing lines based on skin color without knowing anything about the person, which is something you do constantly around here, that makes you a racist.

You mention race every chance you get. From your stupid melodramatic threads on this board, to the bullshit PMs you sent me previously telling me all about myself based on my skin color (where you know NOTHING about me, my background, my beliefs, or my history). I double checked and I still have them, so just say the word... All you talk about in there is how you are "diverse" and apparently I am not. Which by the way, that is another affirmative action buzzword. "Diverse." What a bunch of B.S. that word is. It is built to imply and indoctrinate our younger generations to believe that they are special or have some magnificent background that nobody else does based on their skin color or ancestry, as though all "non-diverse" people came from some cookie cutter mold and are all exactly the same composition, background or experience. It is a psychological way to dehumanize a group of people so that another group of people feels justified at looking at them as inferior or lacking. Hitler used a lot of the same techniques against the Jew in the 1930's to build national resentment against them.

The reality is that EVERY person is "diverse" because no two people are exactly the same or have the same background.

I have at least 2 races and 17 different cultures in my background, so I am curious how you could be more diverse than me, with the same number of races and probably just as many cultures as me... It will be interesting to see you spin that away.

Now, as for me (since you like to throw your superiority around), I have 2 college degrees, both in Science, one of them a Master's. I have at least 10 specialty ratings in my field of study, I am in the top echelon of my field of practice with the highest rating that is achievable, I am nationally recognized at what I do and I am a published author in multiple publications. I am practicing in the only career field I wanted to pursue since I was 6 years old, and I am very happy doing it (which is why you were a complete fuck stick going on a tirade about me when I wished you genuine success in your pursuit of happiness not that long ago). So basically, while you were busy talking about how great you were, I was busy doing it. I have also been intellectually tested and don't have worry about that either). I could have been an engineer, but I didn't want to.

I have a healthy ego too, the difference is that I am not overcompensating for mine because I have actually achieved almost all of the big points I wanted to in life, so I am not secure from a position of insecurity, but rather from having proved to myself that I could do what I set out to do. I also completely don't agree with your belittling of people whom you believe to be beneath you as a way to build yourself up. If there is one thing my "unskilled" labor of a background taught me, it is that you don't have to have a degree to be smart, and also that as long as you are happy, it doesn't matter what you do. I also happen to know that many people in trades or "unskilled" labors do very well financially. Most welders make well more than most engineers, and power company linemen with no degrees make a lot more. The purpose of education is to learn a skill, not to prove how intelligent you are.

So, I will say it again. "Truth" depends on the perspective of the individual. There is no such thing as a universal truth, unless you are talking about physical sciences which don't bend based on human behavior. But that is likely beyond the scope of this discussion.

P.S. The other moderators and I have been discussing you in private or months now, and we are largely tired of your insolent threads and posts that have no bearing on the value of a car community. The fact that they flare up even more anytime you perceive the world around you to not be going your way makes them even more irritating.

If you spent as much time and effort moving on as you do complaining about how the world has wronged you, your success would probably be much more rapid.

I'm not going to reply to this post again, because I don't care to waste anymore time talking to a brick wall, so if it gets out of hand, it will just get closed. If you attempt to lambast me with PM's, I will post them back in here and then close the thread, with the exception of reposting any new PM's AFTER the thread gets closed back in here. That's the "truth."
                Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                We are going to deal with this one at a time.

First, there isn't going to be your usual trolling me via PM. You send me a PM, I post it in here, simple as that. Especially based on the tantrums you have had in the past. You speak about truth, but they you try to distort it by putting only what you want seen in public. P.S. I am pretty sure I still have all those old PM's, so feel free to call me out on your previous behavior.

With that said, let's get started:

A person with the basic mastery of "fact" such as yourself would know that I am going to call it "The Great Recession" because that is what every economist in the world called it. It did not qualify as a depression, and even if it did, it wasn't going to be called the "the Great Depression" because that name was already given to the depression of 1929. I can provide as many links as it takes for you to acknowledge this fact of history.

I would also be happy to review the fundamental basics of how a recession and depression are defined and what differentiates them. Let me know if you want to engage.

As to your assertions about the shooting, you are talking out of both sides of your mouth. FYI, I have a Master's that includes things like forensic investigations, so you are going to lose this discussion and quick if you want to keep engaging in it. Oh, what's that, you thought you were the only one that can get through a high level of education? Wrong. And yes, I am chiding you intentionally because you are the first one to try and throw your "status" as a great thinker around. News Flash: I have known people that never graduated high school that were magnitudes smarter than those who had doctorate level education. Education helps, but it doesn't automatically make you smarter than someone else.

1) Eye witness testimony is unreliable. Always has been. It is better than no testimony at all, but it is usually very factually suspect (such as cases when they claim an airplane's engines were/weren't running when physical evidence proves otherwise). Or they claim to have seen smoke or fire when that was also disproven with physical evidence. Even when not rehearsed, eye witness accounts are not very accurate. This is one reason they interview as many witnesses as they can find. They start to compile the stories and see where they intersect/overlap for the purpose of A) finding common elements, which are more likely to be partially true and B) using it to compare with the physical evidence they have to see if it fills in any gaps in understanding, sequence, events, timing, etc. However, the physical evidence ALWAYS overrules the eye witness testimony because it does not have biases, filters, visual opportunity or perspective differences.

What is really B.S. about your claims is that you say you aren't "clouded." This is patently false because ALL humans are clouded and biased by their background, experience level, expertise, and personal history. You can show the same event to hundreds of different people and not one person will see it exactly the same as one of the other people. This is a psychological fact. Another one of those facts that you claim to be acknowledging, but then speak against with your claims. I am sure Deev would be happy to chime in here because his degree is in psychology, as is my father's.

You are trying to hang your argument on eyewitness testimony while saying that "ballistics don't lie." The reason you are talking out of both sides of your mouth is because the eye witness testimony (of one person) does NOT match the ballistic evidence. So which is it? Do you believe the eye witness testimony, or the physics? You can't have it both ways because they disagree.

The ballistic evidence had traces of G.S.R. (Gun Shot Residue, which is the chemical salt produced from the burning of gun power as a result of an ammunition round firing) and powder burns on the victims hands and forearms. I don't expect you to know or understand this, but G.S.R. only happens within about a 2-3 foot radius of the firing point of a weapon. So if he was not in the immediate vicinity of the gunshot, how did he get G.S.R. on his hands? Further, the evidence of powder burns puts him in immediate proximity of the gun's blast because in order to get them, the burning G.S.R. has to be at a temperature such that it can actually burn skin. In many cases, this comes from touching the gun while it is fired, or at least being point blank range from the weapon. That is two parts to the physical evidence which both say the eye witness testimony was incorrect, and which could not have happened if his testimony was in fact correct. To further support the claim, the G.S.R. and burns were found on his hands and forearms, which indicates that those regions of his body were in the vicinity of the firing weapon. The fact that they were exclusive to his arms and hands, and not found on other regions of his body which would have been effected by the same weapon blast radius indicates that his hands and arms were most likely out stretched toward the firing weapon. Had he been in a defensive position at a range close enough to get G.S.R. or powder burns on his skin, there would have been other evidence of it all over other parts of his body.

The next part to the physical evidence of "ballistics don't lie" is the fact that the entry and exit wounds showed him shot from a position of superiority too the gun. Now that doesn't necessarily explain that he was over the officer in the car trying to take the weapon as claimed, but it does corroborate the evidence found with G.S.R. and powder burns.

What you end up with is a bunch of physical evidence that frankly says that Officer Wilson's account (as well as other eye witness testimony that you are summarily dismissing as "rehearsed") is MORE likely to be accurate than your chosen eye witness testimony. This is why a Grand Jury would NOT convict him because regardless of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson's personal political agenda, the evidence simply did not warrant prosecution. It's inconvenient to the race card, but again, ballistics don't lie and they don't change based on demographics.

Now, let's address the voter issue and the "links" you posted.

First, your residence in Ohio has nothing to do with the 2004 elections, nor does it improve your credibility with relation to the discussion because it has nothing to do with when you lived there since it was well before you moved there. By your logic, I have more credibility with regard to the matter because the entirety of my mother's family have lived there for the last 150 years or so... But you won't agree to that will you?

Second, I did some looking into the first website you linked "What really happened" and it is simply not a credible website. It is one of the anti-government websites that conspiracy theorists love so much. In fact, I did some reading of their TWA 800 findings, and as is typical of these types of websites, they neglect to mention why the findings were the way they were and instead focus in on very singular details exclusively and then distort the rest of the story to fit a dialogue. Based on that discovery, I did a little more reading into the "voter fraud" case of 2004, specifically the "exit polling" that was conducted which "proves" that there was fraud. Even the people conducting the exit polling didn't think there was an anomaly between the polling and the vote because it is entirely possible that the sample size was skewed.

Finally, I notice how you nonchalantly gloss over all of the accusations of voter fraud that have occurred just as frequently during Democratic won elections...

The hard reality of it is that voting is not a perfect system, so there are going to be accusations of "voter fraud" in all elections whether they use punch cards, write in ballots or electronic voting machines because all methods have the ability to be tampered with, fail, work incorrectly, or do something else that nullifies the vote (like the tab not falling out completely on a punch card). In fact, worldwide, vote tampering is one of the biggest problems with "free" elections, and it is a technique that many dictators use to initially grab power. That is why we have a lot of other checks on the system. However, just because the determination doesn't come out the way you like (either through legal recounts or concession by a candidate) doesn't mean the system isn't working as a whole.

Wow. I'm glad to see my thread or point of view could make you take, I don't even know how long, to write damn near a book. Great job.

I'm inspired that I can have you take that much time out of your life. You will not get that much time out of me. My time and money are both far too important. Neither which you are able to provide me with. Lol.

I don't have time to waste to respond the everything you wrote, but after I click "submit reply," I will do you the courtesy of reading what you wrote to see how much in your feelings you are.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                  Just curious, if there is any white person willing to answer, please do honestly. I'm also asking the white people in my family this same question, so...

If you were in the audience, what would your reaction have been?

Scott, how would you respond to the above video?

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                    A few simple things to remember. The victors write history, and we've been lied to our entire lives by the government. Just watch the mainstream media. Might as well be government media because they partially fund them all! Same with our awesome "public schools" might as well truthfully be called government schools. Train all the little lemmings in the same exact way so we know how they will react to any situation we present them as truth.
                    This is the exact thing I'm trying to narrow down. What would happen if the truth is always present? What would happen in society? Would it began to get better or worse?

Honesty, I'm thinking the former.

Originally posted by cb7 calling View Post
                    Truth: More important than what is the truth is why the lie. Rilas is right though I prefer the winner writes the facts. From jerry springer to world war conflicts the winner tells the tale.
                    Opinion: the largest adversary of the truth is the belief in something intangible. From money and laws to religion, it is human nature when something can't be explained to explain it anyhow. The problem is that this initial common inaccurate belief holds power over what the truth is propetuating the lie. Beliefs are a powerful thing indeed. If a Nordic Viking had lived 2000 years and on his you tube channel explained how he came to Vineland (America) in 300 ad using ancient seafaring techniques still many of us would stick to our current belief. It would take a long time to displace Christopher Columbus anyhow as we are witnessing in light of other facts we now have.
                    Christopher Columbus was the first man representing a good honest tax paying religion to come to America. That is almost a truth and contains the why.
                    How about let a completely neutral party write the history books? Sounds hard though when I think about it.

One other thing, do you not believe that Native Americans had a good honest (maybe not tax paying as taxes were created by corrupt and greedy governments), religious system? If not that, how about a system that worked for them as the natives of this land?
                    Last edited by Straight Success; 01-07-2016, 05:26 PM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Good and honest should have been said with those air quotes and a smirk. The issue I have is native Americans had their own account of history on this continent which though verbal and possibly not that accurate would have had helpful information for us to use today. It may have stretched back 20,000 years with tales of crossing a frozen land or who knows. Those stories along with carbon dating of tools and weapons found in the ground would describe history better. The history of this land as told by them did not mention Jesus so......

Comment

truth is subjective:
                        facts are objective:
                        If I say your music is to loud, that is the truth.
                        If you say your music is too quite, that is the truth.
                        If the cops say it is at 10 decibels on their sound level meter, that is a fact.
                        Please do not confuse truth with fact.
                        CB7TUNER.com
                        Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Back on topic. I would use this scenario to uncover the greatest mystery of all. What causes gravity?
                          I would imediatelly start asking every person and piece the one or two words they could utter together until bam! The universe is solved.

Comment

Well, I guess I've been receiving answers throughout society in regards to my original question. Just look and see where the current state of affairs are with the upcoming presidential election, the uneducated, the ignorant, and the corruption throughout many countries' governments including our own.

Lies, on top of lies, on top of more lies; it's finally good to see some of the real truths in society today surfacing (no matter how painstaking or "something"-ist they are), and it's time to start fixing the lies, corruption, deceit, anger, and hatred that has been kept quiet for so long.

The truth can be very powerful, and if exercised correctly, it can make society a much better place one truth at a time.

Time to head back to sunshine people. I'll see you there!
                            Last edited by Straight Success; 03-06-2016, 11:55 AM.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Looking back over the past 3 years, I think we can easily define honesty from lies. There's no lie there!

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
                              X