No announcement yet.

Sonikaccord : 2001 Honda Prelude Base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for the lack of updates in here. I've been working on a few financial "leeches" that I'm trying to get rid of. I have been doing a lot of thinking, but not much wrenching.

Rilas, I don't think we can use the AP1 rack because the tie rods attach to the front of the knuckle in the S2k while ours attach to the rear. We would be steering right to go left and vice versa. I have been looking at the 10th gen Civic rack with that fancy dual-pinion eps system. I just need to figure out if it can run standalone like the AP1 rack can.

As far as installing the pulley...I had started to cut a notch into the frame for fitment, but stopped early because I had to move the car out the garage to work on another car lol. I'll have weld or get someone to weld a little reinforcement plate after I'm done.

The stock pulley is back on and I've been driving a bit without P/S. It's not bad until really tight turns at low speeds. That would be a deal breaker on an autocross circuit. I also bought some Innovative 95a mounts. My car has much more character now .

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

8th/9th gen Civic Sis have a conventional EPS rack IIRC.

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

And just like that, the Prelude was traded in to focus on the RX-7.

We bought a 2018 Civic coupe LX for the wife's commuter. It's loaded enough, it'd be perfect if it had a sunroof, but it will do. It has three pedals and a steering wheel, barebones and awesome. The 40+ mpg is very nice. I'll have to make a new thread for the RX-7

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the progress on the RX-7
          ~Nick~
          FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
          MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

What’re your plans for the Mazda?? I’m excited for this.

Comment

I have to get it driving first. I dropped the trans last week and the clutch literally disintegrated on me. Clutch fibers are itchy like fiberglass

I'll replace all the worn 30+ year old suspension parts and drive the shit out of it, take it to some Auto-x events, swap a carb'd 20b and straight pipe it out the side to blow everyone's eardrums out. Not too much.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

What year?
                ~Nick~
                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

'85. 1st Gen.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                  X