• Time
  • Show
Clear All

that motor was on the way to catastrophic failure.smh
    I would call the po back and curse him out for his shade tree work

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
      Damaged axle nut:

I'm thinking a pissed off midget with a jack hammer stopped by to do maintenance on these axles.
      Better chrck they arent over tightened as well, between this and the jbweld I lol. Love when people "fix" their cars.

Comment

I just got back in town and wanted to post the old photos I have been promising.

Dirty

1st round of cleaning before disassembly

I'll have more soon, maybe tomorrow. This rebuild is on hold until I can get some items though...

Comment

Another bunch of photo vomit... At least I am just about caught up to what it looks like now. I'll try and come back after work and write out what is going on and try and upload some more. Uploading over 3G sucks and my data plan is nearly used up now.

More to come and descriptions of these photos after I get off work.
          Last edited by wildBill83; 07-30-2013, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Mental note needs:
            drivers axle
            Clutch
            Exhaust manifold gasket
            exhaust downpipe donut
            Water temp sensor
            clutch slave cylinder
            Intake rubber tube
            possible drivers side motor mount bracket
            Tie rod ends
            front lower ball joints
            rear upper ball joints
            oil filter
            Coolant
            oil
            transmission fluid
            Brake fluid
            junkyard items

... to be continued

Acquired items in red.
            Last edited by wildBill83; 08-21-2013, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Another day off, so that means another day with the LX. It's hot out so I'm not sure how much I want to be out in the heat. I promised photos of poly filled mounts, and I plan to get them up today. I think I'm going to poly fill the last two mounts today as well, originally I was going to use two new mounts on the drivers and passengers side, but the drivers mount has a stripped bolt so I'm just going to fill them all and save my new mounts for another day and maybe another CB7 that wasn't so extensively "repaired" by the previous owner.

Anyway the transmission install should happen today and I might be able to get the last bit of my shopping list done. That means that by the time I have to move to Houston I will have two running CB7s and should be acquiring another once I have a cushion fund built up. If I could find a CB9 that would be the shiz.

Pictures to follow of the clutch install.

Also after thinking about it I removed my H22 water plumbing and replaced the F22 water plumbing under the IM and I used a radiator T to get the oil cooler to be compatible.

Last edited by wildBill83; 08-06-2013, 01:12 AM.

Comment

I have the last parts I need to make the car mechanically sound again. Clutch installed and transmission connected. It's a powerplant again. I will have it drivable by Friday when my newly ordered parts arrive. Then comes the expense of inspection, insurance, and registration.

Once it is done I can clean up this MRT and my f22a* removal/install thread.

Comment

Photo vomit:

Pictures of the install to come.
                  Last edited by wildBill83; 08-08-2013, 08:50 PM.

Comment

No A/C?
                    -
                    Originally posted by Mishakol129
                    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Surely in TX he will have A/C. You can see the bracket and the bolts in it.
                      When I did my swap I left the compressor in the car, so the system would stay charged.

steve

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
                        No A/C?
                        -
                        I still have A/C, I actually evacuated it and pulled a vacuum on it the other day. It will get recharged once I have the $$. But it is 100% intact and as far as I know still holding a vacuum.

Originally posted by Stoner51 View Post
                        Surely in TX he will have A/C. You can see the bracket and the bolts in it.
                        When I did my swap I left the compressor in the car, so the system would stay charged.

steve
                        Yessir, indeed. I generally have working a/c but selectively use it. Texas sucks without it.

Pictures of the install may be posted today. I'm waiting on my oven of a garage to cool off so I can get out there and take photos.

Comment

I forgot to mention why I generally remove the hood for motor removal/install, I will post photos up later about why you should do it.

Here is some more photo vomit. I have to get to band practice as the guys need their sound man.

To be continued, I'm waiting for it to cool off a bit and then get back to work...

I need junk yard items ASAP to complete it and it is a reliable CB7.

Comment

Bummer, I have been working on restoring this LX rather than work on performance upgrades in hope of getting an engineering job so I would have a fuel efficient commuter. I didn't get the job and now I wish I had finished the H22A4 instead of restored the F22A1.

I have to start the job search all over again.

Comment

She is running. Now to get her legal and break in the clutch.

Still needs elbow grease on the electrical system and interior, exterior, and under hood missing items. I also need to pay for R134a.
                              Last edited by wildBill83; 08-10-2013, 08:36 PM.

Comment

I'm bored and at a hotel in BFE Minnesota, so I'm posting more photo vomit:

Comment

Working...
                                X