No announcement yet.

XCRN : 1990 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had the interior finished for few days now and found a camera that takes decent pictures so I will update some of the pictures on the first page with better quality images, and here is the finished interior.

It is not entirely done, carpet could use a quick spray and I also attempted to paint the buckles, but they turned out badly so eventualy I will go to a junk yard and find some grey buckles, sun visor, and potentially figure out how to convert the auto seat belts to the regular one piece system.
    Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Looks good. As for the seat belt swap, I believe there's a DIY for that.
      1990 Accord EX

Comment

Thanks. I will look into that. As long as it works as it should and would not fail when I need it, I will go for it. Recently being in an accident put things into perspective and I have been nervous about having no air bags.

Comment

What product did you use on the interior?

Comment

The plastic I used some primer that I found, not sure what brand, and then painted it with Duplicolor and a bit of Fusion plastic paint. There are more blemishes than what the camera shows, but I will finish later with some fine grit sand paper. The fabric was I think Duplicolor fabric vinyl pain as well. Not bad for a rattle can job. The reason there is tan popping out of the carpet is because I foolishly painted the carpet before I did the rest so I was stepping over it. The entire job was rattle canned. Though not properly done, it worked.

Comment

Generally spray will last about a year. I don't know if you did the dash but that may not even make it a year. Black dashs for our cars are easy to find in jyards.

Seat belt swap is easy, you need a tap set. Go slow, do the passenger Side first. Get the plastic manual belt trim piece as well. You will save a good bit of weight without the motor and slider.
              My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

My dash came black, and I did a recolor because I had the week off of work and my friends were busy so did it due to boredom but I also clear coated most of it and I guess in a year we shall see what happens.

Yes but again if I do it wrong the consequences could be severe and there would be no way of telling if I did it wrong until the moment it is needed. I will do more research on it though and eventually it might get done, but for now I am going be putting my money into the clutch I need soon and putting in the M2S4, and since I need a throttle body to complete the H23 build, might as well put the H23 intake manifold on my F22 while I save up.
                Last edited by XCRN; 08-17-2013, 02:30 AM.

Comment

Looks good.

That fusion paint will eventually chip. All of mine did. I painted the dash and the door about 4 years ago. The dash and doors still looked good. All the hard plastic stuff looks bad. So I have eventually changed all the pieces to the gray from JY.
                  But the SEM vinyl paint is the shit. $14 a can but it looks good easy to apply and lasts long.

Keep up the good work.

steve

Comment

Yeah keep it as long as it looks good. Get a front window sun shade, and use it religiously. Yeah I would be excited about the motor swap as well, and I'm still watchin for those updates
                    My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Sadly that will be longer, had an accident and determined to be my fault so I have to pay the $1000 deductible so might be longer, so while I have the stuff might as well put an H23 IM and transmission (I need a new clutch soon) on the F22. About the sun shade, this Seattle where sun is usually a myth, though the past 4 months we have had constant sun and no rain, it is odd to have 2 weeks without cloudy weather.
                      Thanks stoner, but $14 a can, I got mine for $7. Could be lower quality and will fail sooner maybe.
                      Last edited by XCRN; 08-17-2013, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Got the M2S4 drilled and tapped for Accord compatibility and got a new flywheel, and as of now all I have to do to get the "new" transmission in is removing the axels and the bolts. Any suggestions for lifting that heavy SOB into place without using a hoist? I am going to try an stuck wood underneath, lift tranny put wood underneath, lift again and put another piece of wood under.

Comment

Hopefully you bought a clutch to go with that new flywheel. I always hoist the transmission up by sliding under the car, putting the trans on my chest, and lifting it into position. It isn't too heavy, just more of awkward.

Another way is to put it on a car jack and jack it up into the car, moving the trans as you go up. Good luck!

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

So I plan to put the H23 intake manifold with the F22 throttle body for now. I know it will not be at it's full potential but I do not have the H23 TB and 2 runners are better than 1.

Comment

cant use the f22 tb, you need either the h23 or h22 tb. When you get it make sure it has the FITV or block it off if you plan not to use it.
                              1991 Cappuccino Brown LX Coupe
                              2013 Rallye Red Civic EX Coupe

Comment

I read somewhere they bolt up. Damn well back to nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X