H23A vtec lack of torque.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H23A vtec lack of torque.

I am having issues with getting good bottom end out power of my H23A vtec swap. The engine has a fat fat fat top end. As soon as i hit vtec it pulls harder than my old H22A civic that had a lot less weight but below vtec it doesnt even pull as hard as my F22A6.
    So far I am running:
    P13 ECU
    M2B4 Transmission
    Act 12 lb Flywheel
    Exedy Stage 1 Clutch
    timing 15* BTDC. ( My ditributor is all the was toward the rad side of the engine in order to set it there. and yes i used the jumper wire to set it)
    my fuel rail is running 45 PSI without vaccum. approx 41 at idle with vaccum.
    I just got my injectors cleaned and flow matched and this is when the top end really started to pull insanely hard.
    Running 91 to 94 octane. (pulls WAY harder when running ethanol blended fuel. but my F22 did the same.)
    I am still working on getting a chipped ecu and dyno time to play with this thing more.

^Click Me!^

If you have to clock the distrubitor that far off just to get factory ignition timing, then the timing is off mechanically. Meaning that the timing belt is off one tooth or so.

Comment

That makes sense but wouldnt that cause the car to do other weird things? what about that fuel pressure? Does anyone know the stock fuel pressure for an H22A without vaccum? i have an adjustable regulator and i am curious if that could cause it?

The distributor is an H23A housing with all the F22A internals. I just assumed this was the problem with the distributor. The H23A non vtec and H22A vtec distributors have more adjustability so i may try that if i can get my hands on one.

I will check the timing possibly tonight. Any other ideas are appreciated as well.

^Click Me!^

Comment

It's definiltely either the cam timing or lack of tuning. P13 won't run that motor the way i needs to be.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
          P13 won't run that motor the way i needs to be.
          Get a socketed P28 and find a tuner.
          -1991 Honda Accord LX H22a-

Comment

So nobody has a good idea of what the fuel pressure should be? Please someone let me know. I have searched all over and I cant find it here.

^Click Me!^

Comment

fuel pressure should be between 33-40 psi w/o vacuum. Thats straight out of the OE honda prelude manual for a 1993 H22a1
              90 Accord DX H22/LSD Swap DD
              01 S2000 Silverstone
              90 Civic DX K24/K20 ~ Track Whore To Be!

~TeamDOHC.org Join Today~
              http://teamdohc.org/forums/index.php

Comment

Working...
              X