Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

91 accord ex Auto to Manual swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 accord ex Auto to Manual swap

I just got a 1991 honda accord ex coupe thats auto but I have a 93 accord lx, I was wondering if its possible that I can swap my engine, tranny and 5 speed into the 91 accord ?

absolutely .. bolts right up but why get rid of the vtec. 93 lx no vtec

Comment

Originally posted by srt4man00 View Post
      absolutely .. bolts right up but why get rid of the vtec. 93 lx no vtec
      youre joking right?

first of all the cb7 ex's did not have vtec. the cd5 was the first accord in the U.S. to get vtec. now yes the engine and trans will bolt up but the swap to a standard will take some extra work. you will need the axles off the 93, the halfshaft, and all the transmission and hydraulic components. you will also want the ecu, get rid of the tcu, and swap dashes. its not the easiest thing to do though.

why are you swapping? is your 93 wrecked?

Comment

google it buddy. yes it does have vtec. i owned one and so did my friend. i might not know alot about pre 94 accords but i know for a fact it did

Comment

No you google it. if it has vtec then it has a newer motor that was swapped into it. there is not a single 90-93 accord in the us that came with a vtec engine. they are the f22ax series. f22a1, f22a4, and f22a6, none of which have vtec. the f22a6 has a more agressive cam and IAB intake manifold but no vtec.

that 91 ex he has does not have vtec unless it has swapped in motor. your friends must also be swapped. tell me this. find the engine code on the block to the left of the exhuast manifold and tell me what it says.

and by the way: OP sorry for this and i apologize. this is the section for 94-97 accords. you would probably have greater luck in the future in the cb7 forums below these on the main page. as i stand though your swap is possible.

Comment

look even my mothers 91 accord ex had vtec.. it might not be there in big ol letter or anything but take a ride in one and listen for the pop.. wont be a big one like the h22 or gsr but theres definetly vtec

Comment

look even my mothers 91 accord ex had vtec.. it might not be there in big ol letter or anything but take a ride in one and listen for the pop.. wont be a big one like the h22 or gsr but theres definetly vtec
              Please do not give out information until you are dead certain you know what you are talking about. It sounds like you have been too busy playing with those billy goat cars too long.

Comment

im thinking more along the lines of us having ourselves a troll

Comment

Trust me, theres not. Also, moving to the proper section.
                  -Mark-
                  CB7
                  CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                  Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by MotorButt View Post
                    I just got a 1991 honda accord ex coupe thats auto but I have a 93 accord lx, I was wondering if its possible that I can swap my engine, tranny and 5 speed into the 91 accord ?
                    91ex is a f22a4 93lx is a f22a1 the ONLY differeance is the a4 has a better flowing exhaust manifold so they will interchange with no issues.

The tranny swap will take a lil more effort since you have to completly remove the auto tranny and all its coolant lines, then you gotta run clutch pedal, clutch line and blah blah blah, its some work but its well worth the effort in the end

lmao first time I heard that one
                    Last edited by 904drACCORDMANG; 07-25-2010, 12:46 AM.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187851
                    sold to: cb7rush\h22-accord\Luis\BurtonRiderT6
                    bought from:jokerxfn-tommi-'93cb7ex

Comment

Originally posted by accordingly811 View Post
                      youre joking right?

first of all the cb7 ex's did not have vtec. the cd5 was the first accord in the U.S. to get vtec. now yes the engine and trans will bolt up but the swap to a standard will take some extra work. you will need the axles off the 93, the halfshaft, and all the transmission and hydraulic components. you will also want the ecu, get rid of the tcu, and swap dashes. its not the easiest thing to do though.

why are you swapping? is your 93 wrecked?
                      all correct..... cept it isn't necessay to swap the dash out.... the cluster IF you want the manual one but also not necessary. ECU from the 91 will work as is, and you can simply unplug the tcu.....

Comment

Originally posted by 90accords View Post
                        all correct..... cept it isn't necessay to swap the dash out.... the cluster IF you want the manual one but also not necessary. ECU from the 91 will work as is, and you can simply unplug the tcu.....
                        lol while that is true you would want to use the manual pt3 out of the 93 to get rid of those pescky ce light

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187851
                        sold to: cb7rush\h22-accord\Luis\BurtonRiderT6
                        bought from:jokerxfn-tommi-'93cb7ex

Comment

Originally posted by 904drACCORDMANG View Post
                          lol while that is true you would want to use the manual pt3 out of the 93 to get rid of those pescky ce light
                          running an auto ECU in my accord right now..... no CEL for the last two years

Comment

There is no VTEC on any 90-93 Accords, and there is a full thread on what to do and how to do the auto to 5 speed swap in the DIY section.
                            Current:
                            2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
                            1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
                            1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Nub View Post
                              There is no VTEC on any 90-93 Accords, and there is a full thread on what to do and how to do the auto to 5 speed swap in the DIY section.
                              can you post the link?

Comment

Working...
                              X